Please quit this stretcher argument and get back on topic guys.

Thanks

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Time for some announcements. Ever since we got the Discord channel up, we realized the guys in there were getting all the WIP treats, whereas we had been pretty slack on the forums side of things. So time to get everyone back up to speed. 

Firstly, we will be cutting back on community made requests (new models) for the mod substantially, not only to lighten the workload a bit, but also to try and keep a stronger focus towards the important things and assets that are already planned/added. It's easy to go crazy with this stuff, since there's so many available options out there, but if we just keep leaving it open to suggestions I may never be able to play the game again, lol. Would love to hit all the things people want to see, but we all know that's just not realistic...people will always have more and more ideas. So long story short, lets get this thing moving closer to a finished release first, and if we still wanna add more afterwards, it can be done.

Also, our beloved friend and modeler, Sahio/Satori/OMA, has decided to work one last list for us before taking a break to work on his own personal projects/goals. A long-term break, so don't just expect him to pop back up in a few weeks. This is fully understandable and something that we knew would happen eventually, and not a bad thing. We fully appreciate everything he has done for us so far and the amazing models that he's created for the mod. Hell, he's a big reason this mod is where it is right now. No one can sit here and expect him to totally abandon his own works in favor of ours, that just doesn't make sense and would be awfully greedy of us to even ask that of someone. He doesn't play A3, so this isn't something that is beneficial for him outside of expanding his own portfolio. Let's just be happy he has already delivered so much to be enjoyed by the arma community. This gives me some much needed time to catch up on the work he's already done, instead of just getting further and further behind as he speeds through model after model. As for his Patreon page, it will be left up until after this list he's on is finished. The rewards for donating will be modified, to remove requests, but we will still honor the early access for those looking forward to it. And to be fair, everyone that donated and made a request did have it answered and delivered, so no wrong-doing there.

Lastly, there are a couple other good things to be mentioned, but I'd rather save it for the right time. We still have plenty more on the way, and definitely feel that this current worklist has a solid group of assets included. So fear not, still have some top-notch stuff on the way and in development that is sure to please. For those not following the Discord WIP, here's a quick look at one of our new models:

L-3 AN/PVS-31 BNVD

CnPyd6S.png

The PVS-31's will come in 2 flipped down variants, and 2 up variants. Will get some pics up once they are ready. Down variants include dual and monocular operation. Up variants will include compact and spread.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Looking at the patreon list, we've still got some more good stuff to go, guys, so don't worry about the robot leaving juust yet (and unless I get explicit permission, no I'm not disclosing anything from patreon :/)

• Thanks 1

For those of you who don't know: the PVS-31s are the replacement for the dual-tube PVS-15s in SOCOM, which were in turn developed to provide a lighter solution compared to the ANVIS-6s that were used before by SOCOM. The PVS-31 is basically a dual-tube system with the weight of a single-tube setup, which is kind of nuts if you think about it. Each eyepiece can also swivel upwards for various purposes, such as to allow you easier use of magnified optics, reading maps while still having an nvg on, etc. Apparently the image quality is also better than the PVS-15

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's the replacement for a lot of systems, the PVS-15 (which while cool, actually sucked donkey-dicks because they have/had very little in terms of tube upgrades and offered no revolutionary break over ANVIS systems or was even a peer for that matter). PVS-14s actually have more advanced tubes than most if not all PVS-15s, also why most SOF forces across the world used F5050s (you will probably know them as the PVS-23). Couple other countries played on bridge mounted 14s (Norway) or minis (Australia), some used the old ass PVS-21 (Canada, Poland, UK) which suffer from the same problem as the 15s being that they were behind on tube technology as soon as they were released back in the late 90's.

Which is why the 31A (L3 white phosphor tubes) has seen such wide adoption and systems that will remain in service are moving to that tube technology (ANVIS-9s and the F5050s, though the latter is being replaced with ball detent mounting interfaces [soooooo much better than dovetail/BNVS mounting interfaces] 31As for end users who spec for that).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SSG Halverson said:

So will we be seeing white phosphorous tubes for those 31’s? #whiteeyesseethiccerthighs

I'm not making no promises on anything in concerns to the NVG's and their interfaces, because that's something I've never messed with before and this will be a first. So I'm gonna learn as much as I can about it, give it my best shot, and if all else fails, see if we can get some experienced help on it. But believe me, it is one of our goals to try and get it all functioning correctly.

And here we go with another round of announcements and more assets inbound. Anyone following the Discord may have noticed we have a new modeler on board with the project, whom has already brought a nice handful of assets to the mod. Everyone welcome Krogar to the mix. 

For our new asset models to show off, this first set is a couple more from OMA (formerly known as Sahio), outstanding quality which has become a trademark of his work:

Haley Strategic D3CRX Chest Rig

AaED6xH.png

SOLR Oxygen Mask

DMuEYAj.png

Next up we have Krogar's contributions so far, just a glimpse of things to come. These two modelers form one hell of a deadly duo. Krogar has been using Substance Painter to create a base texture for the models as he goes, so everything seen here is still WIP and will be further detailed as we get to them:

Arc'teryx LEAF DryPack 25L

s59xaNM.png

Face & Neck Shemagh

GTdyexd.pnggGAU0qm.png

Liberator III ITJCS (Liberator III Headset by OMA. Cobra Mic by Krogar.)

vMj4gWO.png

Getac T800 Rugged Tablet

BDiluYE.png

• Like 21

Good Lord

It feels like christmas in here, seeing that new chest rig(a very underrated asset in ARMA 3, along with pistols. Don't see a lot of variation in either for mods.)

• Like 2

One more thing from OMA:

Core Survival HEL-STAR 6 Gen III

jRZAbHe.png

• Like 19

OMG that oxygen mask looks amazing!!!!! I feel like a small child at christmas just waiting for the gifts!!!

• Like 1

a small detail for dudes in armor is that they have a phone in the upper chest. 

Got some new tools added which are gonna help things along as well as giving some nice new renders for all of our WIP. Taking some time to get used to everything, but will help in the quality overall. So as a small sample, I took one of our additions that hasn't been revealed here yet, a nice new model from Krogar.

First group of images were all done by Krogar, which provided the base UV map and texture:

Direct Action Spitfire Plate Carrier

k9pkarO.pngcFoklAd.pngnOq8H9K.png

Next set is WIP of the texture enhancements I've been getting worked in:

4oMLECf.pngpJGCz6v.pngFxNRtMA.pngsGYPMZ4.pngHw5A7Vc.png

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

I have been playing Operation Flashpoint since 2001-2002 and still have ofp installed with all the addons of this community.

I salute you guys for making for these amazing addons and the time you spent for this awesome community :)

• Like 3

Now that we'll have a series of nicely rendered images for the assets, decided to set up a location for everyone to view everything since only certain images are shown here. Still gotta get it updated with everything so far, but it'll get there. So for anyone looking for some good eye candy until things are released, please be sure to follow the link (also updated in OP):

WgQQw4O.png

Also, here's another look at some texture upgrades, this time with the Getac T800 tablet. First being our original, and pics after are the updated:

fZxDzgq.png

KFsMOWS.png

• Like 14

If you somehow manage to PIP that without losing too much performance and sick scripts, I will not know how to react to it.

I'd have to look through an encyclopedia for a list of appropriate reactions for something like that.

• Like 1

Team Wendy EXFIL Carbon Helmet

YUvoGWW.pngmQbqw2E.pngoO0LkTf.pngqUoXfQP.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

That's it I'm calling the cops, you definitely have an illegal model sweatshop in your basement.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scotty_Z said:

That's it I'm calling the cops, you definitely have an illegal model sweatshop in your basement.

#PrayFor3DModelers

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So I was just curious, (in no way is this a request, you already have so much on your plate) you had mentioned earlier that you were making some ghost recon stuff/gear. I was wondering if it was going to include stuff from future soldier like this: latest?cb=20160422162858 9d7e3e438a8306157912c57b93196887.jpg 

If not thats cool, just wondering

• Like 2

The final list is already up on patreon. Some stuff and some visually/functionally equivalent stuff is on the list but I'm not sure how much if any Future Soldier stuff is there

On 5/14/2018 at 12:16 AM, The Body said:

I was wondering if it was going to include stuff from future soldier like this:

To tell you the truth, probably not. We'll have some things possibly along those lines, but we were shooting more for the GRAW style of things. Nothing against Future Soldier as I did enjoy it, but wasn't a big fan of the techno junkyard SF thing they had going on. But who knows what may come by the end of things.

9 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

The final list is already up on patreon. Some stuff and some visually/functionally equivalent stuff is on the list but I'm not sure how much if any Future Soldier stuff is there

Whoah now, slow down there. Just because the man with the sweatshop has taken his last contract, doesn't mean that's the end of the list...we still have other sweatshops available.

Okay guys, I've just about wrapped up everything on the Spitfire, just some stitchings and small things left. 

7V3uG8f.png2FrSHHW.png

• Like 8