13 hours ago, TheSenDest said:

Have you considered making a JTAC/CCT variant of one of your plate-carriers with antennas on the front?

Such as this:

Most People rewire their Antennas to the back.

But it would be nice to see a Vest with FAC equipment. (Bigger Admin Pouch, maybe a Pen and a rite in the rain notepad in the Kangaroo Pouch and so on)

Are the Zip-On Back Panels for the Crye Plate Carriers planned? 

19 hours ago, TheSenDest said:

Have you considered making a JTAC/CCT variant of one of your plate-carriers with antennas on the front?

Hadn't really thought about it till just now, was just gonna slap some JTAC patches and call it good, lol. For sure though, we'll definitely look into adding some variants like that, would surely fit the realism aspect a little more and make the JTAC guys more distinguished among the crowd.

10 hours ago, zeealex said:

Hey what's the vert count on those? they're looking a little high. 

On the hoodies? They are currently sitting roughly around 7k with the raw model. But much of this is due to faces/verts hidden inside where they are never seen. Every model that Sahio sends me, I've been doing plenty of work to reduce the polycount, remove unnecessary hidden faces, and make them as performance-friendly as possible (not overdoing shadow LODs, etc). I fully understand that this pack would be pretty worthless if its just all beauty but doesn't run for shit ingame. I could have the modeler take care of most of this himself, but since he's not familiar with Arma's engine or its standards, I'd rather just leave him modeling away while I take care of getting it all game-ready. For each item, I always give him a rough idea of the limit he needs to keep it around, so he does try to keep it within reason without just going wild. 

EDIT: BTW, would love to add some female variants to some of this stuff if the character model is still in the works.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flari said:

Are the Zip-On Back Panels for the Crye Plate Carriers planned? 

Sure thing, they are on the list.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Siege-A said:

Hadn't really thought about it till just now, was just gonna slap some JTAC patches and call it good, lol. For sure though, we'll definitely look into adding some variants like that, would surely fit the realism aspect a little more and make the JTAC guys more distinguished among the crowd.

Awesome! Thank you for the reply!

• Like 1

What camouflage patterns are you planning? Would love to see some MTP in there for the UK Pathfinders:

Spoiler

31350385_1685417844870962_88843146182902

31350896_1685417884870958_73683396698864

31349707_1685417931537620_46258532944707

Mod is coming along great btw!!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Foxone said:

What camouflage patterns are you planning? Would love to see some MTP in there for the UK Pathfinders

as detailed in previous posts, their plan is to make a core pack with things in basic patterns like multicam and flat colors, and then making factions that use the core as dependency and add faction-appropriate retextures with the faction packs. so I'd imagine if they were to make any British unit, they would probably involve MTP in some way or another.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Foxone said:

What camouflage patterns are you planning?

We've got a good bit of camo patterns available, and I do intend to add the British MTP and woodland/desert DPM for items that it fits with. For the most part, the majority of our other camo pats will be US based, but I am very interested in doing patterns from other nations as well. And to keep from packing all these patterns that people may not want in the core packs, camo additions will be modular and optional. I'm thinking we'll keep the core packs with only Multicam, Black, RG, CB, and maybe some other solid colors. As for the US patterns, here's some of what can be expected:

- 6-Color Desert (Chocolate Chip)

- 3-Color Desert

- ABU

- AOR-1

- AOR-2

- ATT (All-Terrain Tiger)

- ATACS (Several pats)

- Kryptek (Several pats)

- M81

- MARPAT Desert

- MARPAT Woodland

- NWU 

- OCP (Scorpion)

- Tigerstripe

- UCP

- UCP-Delta

- US4CES (Several pats)

I'm sure there's a few I'm forgetting somewhere. At some point soon, I'll get the OP updated with the full list of available patterns that we plan to include.

EDIT: Pretty much what wsxcgy said, this just expands on that a bit more.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

It's amusing that the Army hung on to UCP for so long. First, they made a pattern that only works in Manhattan, then they made a pattern hat only works in a scrapyard. That being said UCP-D is cool if only because it is so different from anything else. Also very happy to see US4CES; Cramer and the guys at Hyperstealth put so much effort and science into it and made something pretty unique, only to lose to Multicam

Nothing against Multicam, but it's like Glock or Toyota; it's the boring choice :P

• Like 1

If you guys are planning on making a paraclete RAV or a paraclete SOHPC let me know, I've got both and will be more than happy to get reference images for you :)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, zeealex said:

If you guys are planning on making a paraclete RAV or a paraclete SOHPC let me know, I've got both and will be more than happy to get reference images for you :)

Seems like some excellent choices to me, consider them added to the list. If you have some good ref pics, that would be great, and if it's too much hassle, no worries as I'm sure we could find some.

On a different note, got a little preview pic to throw in for another of Sahio's side projects that he whipped together. Nothing too serious but will surely be something interesting to mess around with.

5oC98x9.png

P5JdGDE.png

• Like 8

No.

You can't do that.

You are NOT allowed to do that.

Now I'm going to be working the next couple weeks, with that skull in the back of my head rattling as it laughs "Oh vic you'll never get to wear me BECAUSE I'M IN DEVELOPMENT".

And the worst part, it's not normal rattling.

It sounds like brass.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Will we be allowed to retexture?

• Like 2

To continue the barrage of questions, will the helmets be "bare" only or are fabric covers planned?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ltf said:

Will we be allowed to retexture?

Absolutely. Anything we make and include with the pack will be setup and available for retextures.

1 hour ago, Hvymtal said:

To continue the barrage of questions, will the helmets be "bare" only or are fabric covers planned?

We've got some fabric covers on the list, just haven't been made yet, probably do them all at once for the different helmet types.

• Like 10

The amount of responses and interactions in this thread from the creators is absolutely astonishing!

Keep up the awesome work!

• Like 3

Not sure if you've already got one as well but I have an Airframe model to hand. 

I7hyEdP.jpg

RY66W7z.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, CrazyCorky said:

The amount of responses and interactions in this thread from the creators is absolutely astonishing!

Keep up the awesome work!

Agree to both. This thread is one of my go-to’s when visiting the forums, not just for the progress but the great back and forth.

Really does our Arma community proud!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Holy smokes, this mod just keeps getting better and better not even every day but every hour. On the topic of masks could we maybe some some ballistic face masks like the Taiwanese use or the ones from Army of Two?clone1.jpgia0032a_1.jpghigh-ballistic-face-mask-half.jpgimgArmy+of+Two1.jpg

• Like 4

13 hours ago, CrazyCorky said:

9 hours ago, Rich_R said:

Really does our Arma community proud!

Thanks guys. Just doing what we can to bring some of the many things we've all wanted to see in Arma into a true possibility. Gear assets seemed like an excellent focus point, adding more options for the community to create various units/factions with in a more authentic way. Kinda something like we're seeing with CFP....

9 hours ago, zeealex said:

Not sure if you've already got one as well but I have an Airframe model to hand. 

Zeealex, you're awesome. Would love to have a look, we are currently using Warden's Airframe from when it was released open-source and had been debating on modelling a new one. Feel free to shoot me a PM and very much appreciated.

8 hours ago, spookspook said:

On the topic of masks could we maybe some some ballistic face masks like the Taiwanese use or the ones from Army of Two?

Might have something like that coming.

• Like 1

A Fully "Wired" Crye Armor Chassis Gen 1 would fit the bill, a model of which they already have. After all, it IS what the Ghosts used :)

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Hvymtal said:

A Fully "Wired" Crye Armor Chassis Gen 1 would fit the bill, a model of which they already have. After all, it WAS what the Ghosts used :)

Fixed it for you ;) I've been wanting to model the gen 1 crye gear/IWS that was used in GRAW for so long...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hvymtal said:

A Fully "Wired" Crye Armor Chassis Gen 1 would fit the bill, a model of which they already have. After all, it IS what the Ghosts used :)

54 minutes ago, zeealex said:

Fixed it for you ;) I've been wanting to model the gen 1 crye gear/IWS that was used in GRAW for so long...

Well I don't wanna spoil anything or speak too soon, but along with some of the real-world factions that I'm working on, I also have a few side-projects that are being made as well...which includes some factions from some of my all time favorite series. So may have something right up that alley, and is also a big reason why I'm looking to do some female characters/gear as well:

Spoiler

ytmICGr.pngD8vmlV2.png

I'm a big Clancy fan. Own/read/watched/played nearly all of his books, movies, and games. Also a big Marvel fan (Infinity War was EPIC!!!), but not quite so sure that fits real well in Arma, lol.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I always thought the Ghosts were a better fit as a CTRG counterpart than just 'MURIKAN CTRG. Remember, though, while you, like the gobbos, hav lotz o' planz, don't get stuck in the hole of trying to do everything at once, no matter how fast Saiho's turnaround time is. As for the female gear, I think there's a lovely British "lady" who might be able to help you with that. Speaking of whom:

1 hour ago, zeealex said:

Fixed (my grammar) for you ;)

I TRY OKAY! :'(

(Goes to sulk having been just embarrassed by a gurl)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

(Goes to sulk having been just embarrassed by a gurl)

I've been a GR fan since I was a wee little lady, no harm ;)

• Like 3