On 12/13/2018 at 6:46 AM, warden_1 said:

Had more time to work on speeding up my scan process. This model has around 1.5 machine hours of processing and 2 hours of actual work taking photos, masking, baking the maps out and then doing some touchup in photoshop, its not immaculate but it should look good in-game, vert count is basically the same as default Arma gloves maybe a tiny bit higher and it is using 1K texture maps:

Here is an example of an OpsCore scan of my Carbon showing a few different phases of the model (this one will be purely for texture grabbing and sizing):

This whole process has been far slower than originally anticipated but we are making significant progress.

Will the gloves in this post be available soon on the g3 combats

I notice a lot of things shown that haven’t had updates in forever like these photos 

Edited by Dedmen
Removed images. Rule 14
  • Like 1

On 2/9/2020 at 5:46 PM, GYSGTTAYLOR said:

Will the gloves in this post be available soon on the g3 combats

Not sure which ones you're talking about, but eventually we plan on having a broader range of uniform combinations. There will also be more uniforms added down the line.

On 2/9/2020 at 5:46 PM, GYSGTTAYLOR said:

I notice a lot of things shown that haven’t had updates in forever

Not sure what photos. But if there are photos with new content in game, do you think an update will be coming?
Sorry about the forever part, we all do this as a hobby and I had hoped you'd understand. I see that was not the case, perhaps you'll be happier when we update the content we provide to you more often?

• Like 2

G'day @Siege-A

The ACE Interaction is looking really good. Waiting patiently for next release. Looks like I'm going to be back in Arsenal/Alive redoing character loadouts again.🤣🤣

• Like 4

On 2/11/2020 at 6:02 PM, markoef said:

Not sure which ones you're talking about, but eventually we plan on having a broader range of uniform combinations. There will also be more uniforms added down the line.

Not sure what photos. But if there are photos with new content in game, do you think an update will be coming?
Sorry about the forever part, we all do this as a hobby and I had hoped you'd understand. I see that was not the case, perhaps you'll be happier when we update the content we provide to you more often?

Someone removed the pictures for breaking a rule

where are the rules?

anyway they were knuckle gloves that looked pretty nice and I totally get the fact that making mods takes hella time, I can’t imagine the struggles and stress that coding alone would cause 

1 hour ago, GYSGTTAYLOR said:

anyway they were knuckle gloves that looked pretty nice and I totally get the fact that making mods takes hella time, I can’t imagine the struggles and stress that coding alone would cause 

Its all good. Sorry if we seem a little edgy at times, we are working as hard as we can to get things pushed out and we do get our share of flak from people that don't understand what all is involved on our side. Not always easy taking on a mod of this scale and having tons of items/features that require attention. At that point, its fairly easy for some things to slip under the rug unnoticed until we get back to them. But as for the WileyX gloves which you are referring to, they will most likely come in a bit later. It just requires a good bit of work setting up all the uniform variants everytime we add in another set.

• Like 1

God how I love when mod makers take the time and consider those neat little details and functions!!  Great job on the ACE interaction setup. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if posting wip on the wip thread is allowed anymore but here is a picture:

wFF8Cjd.png

Just something a little weird and different than what we normally post.

Spoiler

nOt AlLoWeD iykyk

Edited by warden_1
edited for content
  • Like 6

On 2/23/2020 at 7:02 PM, warden_1 said:

Not sure if posting wip on the wip thread is allowed anymore but here is a picture:

Just something a little weird and different than what we normally post.

Reveal hidden contents

nOt AlLoWeD iykyk

I don't know what is it but i like it!)))

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Disgusting_Man said:

I don't know what is it but i like it!))) 

looks like a red dot optic mount for a glock.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So just wanted to drop in and give you guys a little update on our progress, and where things stand with the updated release. First off, we have taken some more authors onboard which will be elaborated on more as they get moving along. One of which is well experienced in doing animations and has already contributed a hefty load of them to allow us to bring you our own custom static poses pack which will be titled; USP Animations & Poses. Everyone welcome @ShiftyzZ-98 to the team. For now, this will be directed towards screenshot makers, but he is also going to be providing us with some custom animations which can be incorporated with some of our gear.

Next we have had some rumors going around about a possible USP Weapons pack, which I won't confirm or deny until we can see how things develop. Yes, it is something we are highly interested in, and have been for quite sometime, but we need to ensure that we are able to get it going successfully (and manage all the requirements needed) before we can commit to it fully. More details will be provided once we can establish if it is something feasible for us to undertake. 

Lastly, I'm sure everyone has been growing a bit impatient for the updated gear release, as I hear about it nearly every day. Some thinking we're just teasing people, some with this diluted idea that we are doing it to milk patreon as much as we can (even though OMA is the only one that receives those funds, and we don't offer any special benefits for donating aside from Discord access), and then some that just believe we aren't focusing on the right priorities. While none of that is true, I would rather not have to explain the reasoning behind why things are taking so long. For those that are knowledgeable in what it takes to create a mod, they have a good idea of what we have been going through without needing an answer. Whereas those who haven't can't seem to grasp the concept that these things take time, especially when we want only the best for our projects and are not satisfied with releasing something that isn't up to our standards (even if others are fine with the current state of things). But, I am going to disclose some information about how the release will be made. Since we have several modules that are currently ready for release, and had planned to release it all at once, we will begin dropping them individually instead. This will allow everyone to get their hands on some of the new content little by little, and giving ourselves additional time to prepare the rest to follow up with. Not here to provide an ETA on when this is going to happen, so don't bother asking. All I will say is that if we have several that are ready, then there's a good chance it could be any day now. Best way to stay in the loop is to keep an eye on our Twitter or subreddit page, which will be the first locations that any releases are announced.

I'd also like to inform you guys about our own website which was the work of one of our devs; @markoef. And before complaining that it was a waste of time which took away from the release, keep in mind that this was completely a side project that was done at his own will in order to further increase our exposure. The page is solely meant as a central location for information about our team and projects, and we are all very grateful to him for the work he has put into it. You can find the link here: https://uspmod.com/

And since we always like to drop some WIP every chance we can, here is a fresh new piece of gear delivered to us by OMA for those not following our media pages.

S&S Precision CR-M

i0u7hoFE2fNy3yskiIYyxHV3lbaJdTTVTWx827MnvrAEYfIlyjK2c7GnSpsdaaDdVQ1LrHPGTaS5yALVZZetlUG9NTYu5ACXTxau9q6rMRyHuumLQvTGQ3SdUbqsXZ97DCNwdnkqYAVVWk3tfrw0taEZ238ochXP

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

That CR-M looks like a "futurised" Rhodesian Recon chest rig, like something a Sci-Fi series would adapt for their characters. Looks real cool.

And can't wait for release! Super excited to see what'll come out first!

• Like 3

UPDATE! Our first updated standalone modules have been released on Steam Workshop, with further releases which will follow up as they are ready. Been a long time coming but we're finally winding it down to the finishing stage. Stay tuned for further releases.

USP Gear Core v0.8.0: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2044374502

USP Gear NVG v0.8.0: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2049719091

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

G'day @Siege-A,

Just had a quick look at the NVG release. They look great. Can't wait for the rest to arrive.

Keep up the good work.

I hope you and the USP team are safe and well in these trying times we are enduring.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Honestly, I was close to losing hope of another release, bad as that sounds. Glad to see I'm slowly being proven wrong! Looks good so far.

I had asked previously and I understand that the pbos are all locked to protect your work.

However, in that case, may I request just a list of the classes with their inheriting classes (e.g. a config.cpp on github or something)? This is so that in case my group (or any other for that matter) can easily make private config replacement that only hides what my group does not need or changes armour/storage values, etc, etc.

Cheers!

11 hours ago, Siege-A said:

UPDATE! Our first updated standalone modules have been released on Steam Workshop, with further releases which will follow up as they are ready. Been a long time coming but we're finally winding it down to the finishing stage. Stay tuned for further releases.

USP Gear Core v0.8.0: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2044374502

USP Gear NVG v0.8.0: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2049719091

Very nice! Quick question, will you still update your "old" all in one version or you'll just release it in modules and keep updating those ones?

4 hours ago, red_spring said:

Very nice! Quick question, will you still update your "old" all in one version or you'll just release it in modules and keep updating those ones?

Always be sure to check the versions between modules, as the standalone packs will be updated more frequently.

So, modules will be updated more frequently. Old pack will receive update but later on, probably when they will update all modules to 0.8.0.
@Tittoffer
wait for ACE compat

Aaah @Kofeina101, so its not in yet then I figure! Looks good for now though, and very much looking forward to the ACE compat 😄 

6 hours ago, BlackSomethingDown said:

However, in that case, may I request just a list of the classes with their inheriting classes (e.g. a config.cpp on github or something)?

Can't all of that information be pulled up through the ingame config viewer? Making a classlist is something we really didn't wanna do considering the thousands of classnames that would need to be added, but its possible our obfuscation makes the configs unable to read ingame. Check it out and let us know, and we'll see about doing a fix. We do have plans to make configs more accessible, which would alleviate the problems of making custom configs.

5 hours ago, red_spring said:

Once all the standalone modules are released and updated, then we'll push an updated version of the all-in-one pack. The standalones will be updated more frequently than the main pack, so its still always best to compare versions.

• Like 1

Should we be using the USP Gear - Core with the USP Gear & Uniforms? Or is it only used for USP Gear - NVG? I'm lost sorry?

1 hour ago, Siege-A said:

Once all the standalone modules are released and updated, then we'll push an updated version of the all-in-one pack. The standalones will be updated more frequently than the main pack, so its still always best to compare versions.

Thank you for clarifying, can't wait for the next releases! 😀

• Like 1

Another WIP milestone to show that patience can lead to better things. With more time comes more content in the end result. Shown here is a look at some of the great new things which have been made available for this update, as well as one of the first looks at the fully completed Crye G3 uniform by our dev @ardvarkdb. More images here.
9apvts5v27MR1Ebz6kcNnJmUGBBnenfHT0ly7paf_dq05u69vplnaYdUHliaAZdwKMgg1X5MGzAB6BWg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2