17 hours ago, Disgusting_Man said:

Will upcoming update remove something from existing gear? Just asking because i don't want some user missions to be broken.

No, we do not plan on removing any content.
What will happen in the future is that some of the content will be hidden from the arsenal. This means that there will be less entries, but none removed.

On 1/22/2020 at 2:45 AM, Grezvany13 said:

So it would require the models present in the unit model and a special config entry to show/hide them.

Exactly, this is something we've looked into and wanted to use for a while. Not specifically for flippers, as we have not finished our dive kit yet. But for items with variations. This will work through the ACE menu and will be available in a future update (most likely not the upcoming one).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

patience it's been years since i hate them please thank you and arma 4 will be released by 2020 -2022 that it will not even publish everything and that everyone will go to arma 4 ....

• Haha 8

How's about I contribute by asking a question instead of causing a derail. 

I'm sorry if these have been answered elsewhere, but are there plans to add thermo optics to your NVG collection? Also, do you guys plan on adding on-screen overlay effects when using NVGs? 

Thanks, love the hard work.

14 hours ago, Predator14 said:

patience it's been years since i hate them please thank you and arma 4 will be released by 2020 -2022 that it will not even publish everything and that everyone will go to arma 4 ....

Making things may take time (sadly) and writing posts like yours isn't going to make them work faster or harder. Try to create a mod yourself and you'll understand how time consuming it can be.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/29/2020 at 5:53 PM, Predator14 said:

This is 100% from an ignorant individual who has never made a mod like this in their life.

Here's some hint--I started my project back in Arma 2 and still to this day we are barely getting by. Why? Because modding is fucking hard!

I don't know what sort of leprechaun-level of luck you have been born with where you personally can just wake up and squat over the floor and out comes a little completed mod baby from between them impatient, self-entitled cheeks of yours. But here in the real world--it takes time. And often times a LOT of it.

Then you have to take into account people who are doing this are doing a hobby they enjoy for a project they love without pay. What does that mean? It means they have regular jobs they need to do to keep a roof over their heads (and often times they have families to care for too!), and also fed regularly and not living off a cup of microwaved ramen every 3 days just to hurry up and make things for you. Then they also have other real life stuff they do.

This team outnumbers mine and still taking time. And RHS outnumbers probably both of our teams combined and still take a long time between updates and content. Because again--it takes a lot of time and hard work. Something you should try yourself sometime, then maybe you would gain a bit more understanding and appreciation......

Here's something to consider too--no one here owes you anything. They don't need to work on your time schedule and make things that you want. If you want things your way and quick enough for you--then buckle up buttercup and learn to do it yourself.

Spoiler

91ead9764fa8a9086eaae1f9a6f4ca9b.gif

• Like 16

And why don't you buy licensed models that you can wear in A3 will go faster and RHS has already done so many times?

• Haha 4
  • Confused 3

10 hours ago, Predator14 said:

And why don't you buy licensed models that you can wear in A3 will go faster and RHS has already done so many times?

why don't YOU buy your models with your own money and stop whining? 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Predator14 said:

How about you do it? I mean, if you're that impatient...

57 minutes ago, Synchronized said:

I cant believe he is still here, just ignore him.

Yeah, let's just drop it, he'll give up eventually.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Predator14 said:

oi dude, where did you take that from?...we actually only did it once, for a single model, to test it out if it is a feasible workflow. Do stop and move on with your life like a little ignorant cupcake that you are.

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

On 1/29/2020 at 11:53 PM, Predator14 said:

On 1/31/2020 at 3:39 AM, Predator14 said:

Thanks for the very counter productive posts, really helps us to stay motivated..... might just wait till Arma 5 instead since Arma 4 is a little bit too close for us and I don't think we are going to make that release window.....

Edited by Dedmen
Forum rules #1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 1/31/2020 at 3:39 AM, Predator14 said:

Stay in your lane boss.

On 1/30/2020 at 12:32 PM, Hythloday_ said:

but are there plans to add thermo optics to your NVG collection? Also, do you guys plan on adding on-screen overlay effects when using NVGs?

coti stuff has been considered for a bit but implementation i seem to recall was a bit rough, maybe when we have more time and make a coti model we will look back into it

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Don’t let this kid get under your skin guys. You’re doing excellent work, and the Greater Arma community Is grateful. 

Though I admit it’s be nice to see a release soon, I could wait another year for Mods. The quality and level of dedication is second to none! 

• Like 4

Stay focused on your project and don't bother wasting the limited time that you do have responding to comments made by individuals like this.
He obviously doesn't understand.. Just leave it at that.

Responding doesn't do anything but add fuel to a fire that doesn't need to burn.

You're all putting in appreciated work into the little community that we have left, continue doing what you do best.

• Like 10

Just curious @Siege-A, will the customization system be completely hardcoded for your stuff or will other authors be able to use it if they add USP as dependency? Because, honestly I've been thinking about implementing a system where if you'd have a certain item in your inventory (let's say a vest on) it would add an ACE interaction to open a dialog menu and choose from different versions and camos of the vest (simply by copying the contents of the said vest, deleting it, creating a vest of a different class and adding items back in). But implementing it would take a lot of time for a really small team like mine (I might event have to do it alone lol), while you guys are certainly going to release a quality system.

On 1/31/2020 at 11:42 AM, Foxone said:

Edited yesterday at 04:57 AMby Dedmen

And yet the original comment remains lol... Arma 4 it is boys.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, WPK-ArmedVeteran said:

Just curious @Siege-A, will the customization system be completely hardcoded for your stuff or will other authors be able to use it if they add USP as dependency?

In a sense it will only be hardcoded by the classnames we use, and since we don't allow our content to be extracted or modified, would then only be able to be used with USP assets. But since its all script work mainly, it would be easy enough for anyone to use this same system and just swap the classnames for their own, and no need of using USP as a requirement. Contrary to what some may believe, we are open about sharing certain things with other upstanding authors in this community that are willing to ask for permission. So if you would be interested in using that system for the ACE interactions, feel free to contact me through DM and I'm certain we can get something worked out. The system is still a WIP and about 80% complete now with most things fully functioning as they should, but untested in MP so there may be some areas that still need adjustments.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Siege-A said:

In a sense it will only be hardcoded by the classnames we use, and since we don't allow our content to be extracted or modified, would then only be able to be used with USP assets. But since its all script work mainly, it would be easy enough for anyone to use this same system and just swap the classnames for their own, and no need of using USP as a requirement. Contrary to what some may believe, we are open about sharing certain things with other upstanding authors in this community that are willing to ask for permission. So if you would be interested in using that system for the ACE interactions, feel free to contact me through DM and I'm certain we can get something worked out. The system is still a WIP and about 80% complete now with most things fully functioning as they should, but untested in MP so there may be some areas that still need adjustments.

Are you going to produce update only when you will finish work on ACE interactions?

5 hours ago, Disgusting_Man said:

Are you going to produce update only when you will finish work on ACE interactions?

Nope, update is already in the works of being finalized and prepared for release. We were going to release the ACE compat files at the same time, but have decided to push the assets update first and then follow up with the ACE update afterwards.

And while we're on that topic, one major change to note with this update is we will be separating the PBOs into their own releases. The current upload will be transitioned into an all-in-one pack, just as it stands now. This will allow everyone to pick exactly what they need without needing to download the entire pack. Furthermore, it will allow us to make more frequent updates as we can now do them per PBO instead of waiting for the entire pack to be ready. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5

6 hours ago, Siege-A said:

Nope, update is already in the works of being finalized and prepared for release. We were going to release the ACE compat files at the same time, but have decided to push the assets update first and then follow up with the ACE update afterwards.

And while we're on that topic, one major change to note with this update is we will be separating the PBOs into their own releases. The current upload will be transitioned into an all-in-one pack, just as it stands now. This will allow everyone to pick exactly what they need without needing to download the entire pack. Furthermore, it will allow us to make more frequent updates as we can now do them per PBO instead of waiting for the entire pack to be ready. 

Very good news! Thank you! I hope this update will include all cool stuff that was shown in your gallery. So many beautiful things in excellent quality. Appreciate your hard work!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

G'day @Siege-A

Looking forward to the next update. Keep up the great work. Am liking the new Safariland tac holsters.

• Like 2

Looking forward to the release/s, as always thank you for the good work on this project 

• Like 1