3 hours ago, Capt Childs said:

Given this can now be wedded to ACE, will adding COMTAC’s to a helmet add ACE hearing protection and remove it again when they’re removed?

Correct. Since the model is being switched once they are added/removed, it will be reading the appropriate config entries for each. So throw on your Comtacs or whatever other headset, and you will have ACE hearing protection. Remove them, and its gone. Giving real functionality to certain items without ever needing to go back to a crate just to change your helmet each time. We are hoping to implement more functional features for other items where possible. 

3 hours ago, Capt Childs said:

Are you night vision devices grandfathering in the ACE night vision realism effects, or your own?

Its actually a combination of the two. We had taken the ACE NV effects and made our own tweaks and edits with them, while still using the ACE_NVG as a requirement. We'll have to distribute our own modified version of the ACE_NVG.pbo in order to have the same white phos effects that we had shown earlier on (if this is allowed), at least until ACE does an update to their NVG system. The only thing relying on our modified PBO is the WP effects, so even if it comes to us not being able to distribute that with the mod, everything else will still function as it should. We are really hoping to find a way to implement the WP effects directly without needing to modify ACE files. 

Furthermore, I'd like to mention some of the other ideas that we have in store involving ACE. Goggles/Shades will also use ACE, giving the tinting effects and dust buildup. I've also been experimenting with some other cool features that I can't be sure just yet on whether it will work or not. Had this idea; why not take certain items that are attached to your equipment, such as chemsticks/rope/zipties/etc, and once you remove them off your pack/vest/etc they become the actual working versions of those items in your inventory. Pull a chemstick off your vest, and now its an actual chemstick you can throw on the ground. Pull the rope off your backpack, and it becomes the ACE rope. Zipties would become the ACE handcuffs or whatever they call them. Once used, its gone from your inventory and from your gear, so not like you would have an endless supply of them. Need to free up a little inventory space? See if any of the items you are carrying can be attached to your gear. Like I say, not sure if this will work as planned, so I'll just have to update you guys further once we've had a chance to try it all out. 

• Like 6

G'day @Siege-A,

The new ACE interactions for gear look great. Looking forward to seeing the upgrade.

With the upcoming re-configurable vests, I was wondering how you were intending to release the configs. Will you include a config for each vest, inwith all hidden selections turned off, that is editable or will we need to go through the config ourselves and experiment with the hidden selections?

Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wansec_6 said:

With the upcoming re-configurable vests, I was wondering how you were intending to release the configs. Will you include a config for each vest, inwith all hidden selections turned off, that is editable or will we need to go through the config ourselves and experiment with the hidden selections?

Not gonna lie, with all the other work that's been going on within the mod, haven't really taken much time to decide on the config accessibility. Though I do know that needs to be done before we get too far along. My original thinking was that we would work all of that in as we moved into v1.0 of the mod, when its passed the alpha stage. As well as beginning to make retextures possible by that time. I know that seems like a ways away, but we have so many things going through repeated changes right now that I can nearly guarantee that anything you guys would setup would end up being broken with each update.  Classnames are being changed until we can nail a solid standard for them (due to all the variants every item has), textures are being changed and combined with other tex sheets, UV layouts are being shifted around as they get combined with others, and lots of organizing is being done within the PBO's to make it easier on us when needing to fix/update things. Its no easy task with a project this big and takes a good bit of trial and error to see what works best. No amount of planning beforehand would have made this any less of a task, because many things aren't thought of until you encounter an issue which forces you to go back and redo some things. Long story short, everyone will have to do a bit of experimenting while we work it all out. I'm hoping with the ACE interaction system, we can have pouches and various other parts of the plate carriers able to be changed ingame without you guys ever needing to touch configs (which would essentially be the same as you creating your own entries with the hidden selections). Won't know for sure until its all setup, tested, and confirmed to be working fine. Until then, we will be providing as much documentation as we can on how to make use of the hidden selections, the selection names, and the abbreviations used for the various accessories and attachments. Would be really nice to have it where everyone can build their loadouts ingame without having to dive into the madness going on behind the scenes.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Disgusting_Man said:

Can't wait to touch upcoming update!

Can't wait to see you support the mod in Patreon if you havent already 😉

• Like 1

Some new accessories and improvements coming for our Ops-Core helmets. Still interested in possibly doing the Ops-Core Sentry helmet down the road, but we'll see. 

Z7qBzQIQyAhFbHyL4cagqISzGg3Dzsm1FGiVRc8mQlEgWwKAhE12nSxpRhPbwDHXgujB-w_hiJ3kfF6h

cqz8j-CofP9aFpEEj6AgAEmkcYBBcQStOWeDZKuT

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

this is depressing....really hope we didn't lose another great mod contributor in the community … ☹️

Another fraudulent DMCA. Only hidden temporarily while we get it resolved. A direct download for the mod can be found on our subreddit page here: https://www.reddit.com/r/UnderSiegeProductions/

Nothing to worry about, just more shit for us to have to deal with all over again. Will update the thread once the workshop link is back live.

• Like 11
  • Sad 1

While we await our workshop item to be reinstated and continue in our ongoing case against @Fros7bite and the Echelon International gaming community, we went ahead and took some time to get ourselves a Twitter feed set up for all USP related projects. This seemed like a great outlet for us to increase the public visibility of our works and to keep you guys updated on all our progress. The subreddit will remain as our primary source for mod related discussions and questions, whereas Twitter will make for a good location to share WIP and development information with the community. Will update the OP with the link soon:

https://twitter.com/USPmod

• Like 6

Sorry to hear you guys are going through this crap again. But glad to see it hasn't pushed you guys away from the rest of the community. I know things like this can often leave a very sour taste in the mouth, especially when it seems like it never ends with these clowns. Keep up the great work. Everything you post shows a lot of top notch quality with top notch love for the project. Makes me kinda jealous, lol.  *wink* 😄

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, PTV-Jobo said:

Sorry to hear you guys are going through this crap again. But glad to see it hasn't pushed you guys away from the rest of the community. I know things like this can often leave a very sour taste in the mouth, especially when it seems like it never ends with these clowns. Keep up the great work. Everything you post shows a lot of top notch quality with top notch love for the project. Makes me kinda jealous, lol.  *wink* 😄

I agree with this sentiment. I also want you folks to know that your hard work and dedication keep me coming back to this game over and over again. Your contributions to the community are very much appreciated! 

• Like 3

We have begun testing for the v0.8 release build a couple days ago, so everyone can expect to see some screenshots popping up around the community displaying new USP content. The feedback has been very positive so far, with very few issues/bugs reported. The ACE compatibility was pushed back just a bit, to allow us to focus on getting the asset update out first. Then we can follow up with the ACE update, which will be its own separate download. Aside from that, we have a little more WIP to show off: 

The AMF team was kind enough to donate this Seyntex 45L rucksack over to us, created by [AMF] Tasha. MC texture was added by the USP team: Y4eDdedoH-p1DLR49_WV9w0PKwxmw5yNBVkBVY4T

And then OMA has been back at it, putting together this nice new Ops-Core Special Operations Tactical Respirator: eKJq8QmM-dAF7iJQX6sqoFZhyJWLqxR75CGwRlPx

• Like 11

What do you mean by ACE compatibility  is that the advanced features you guys are planning or armour values and hearing protection?

USP Gear & Uniforms is back available on Steam Workshop.

It has been a long, difficult road for this mod and we greatly appreciate the continuous support we have received throughout it all. Our goal has never been lost and our progress never impeded by those which have wanted nothing more than to see us fail, for whatever their reason may be. We are still determined and motivated to continue onward delivering new, high quality assets for the armaverse and this community into the year of 2020. With still so much to come yet and work to be done, we have merely scratched the surface. There is no telling when that interest will burn out or if we even reach that end goal, but it hasn't shown any sign of letting up yet. So from all of us here at USP, we wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

U2ffafpKcCufdlGie6X93prYvcqJyVZ3eUOc2neY

Screenshot by: @TheSenDest

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

On 12/25/2019 at 4:32 AM, Disgusting_Man said:

Glad to see you back on steam! Can we still expect update this year?

Possibly, can't say for certain though. I refuse to give out release dates anymore, as I have learned my lesson there. We have begun testing on some of the new assets, so that's a good indicator that release is close. The holidays have definitely slowed things down a bit but we are still doing what we can to get it done.

2 hours ago, rangerskull said:

Are you planning to release these Mich Helmets too?

Not those particular MICH models, but we do have a much better model of the MICH-2000 helmet which will be included. Nearly everything from the original 75th Ranger mod has either been scrapped, overhauled, or replaced in favor of higher quality assets. Those helmets can still be found in the current Ranger mod though, if you were just after those specifically.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Siege-A said:

Possibly, can't say for certain though. I refuse to give out release dates anymore, as I have learned my lesson there. We have begun testing on some of the new assets, so that's a good indicator that release is close. The holidays have definitely slowed things down a bit but we are still doing what we can to get it done.

Not those particular MICH models, but we do have a much better model of the MICH-2000 helmet which will be included. Nearly everything from the original 75th Ranger mod has either been scrapped, overhauled, or replaced in favor of higher quality assets. Those helmets can still be found in the current Ranger mod though, if you were just after those specifically.

Thank you! Wish all the best for USP team!

• Like 2

With the inclusion of all those helmet-mounted lights, may I know if you guys will be adding in functionality from MrSanchez' Headlamps? I believe COS does that with the helmet light in the NVG slot, but if I'm not wrong the functionality can be built into the helmet itself.

Furthermore, he managed to remove the NVG ability from items in the NVG slot, which is something still present in USP (equipping the thermal wear gives your character the ability to go NVG mode despite not having a physical pair of NODs for example).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BlackSomethingDown said:

With the inclusion of all those helmet-mounted lights, may I know if you guys will be adding in functionality from MrSanchez' Headlamps? I believe COS does that with the helmet light in the NVG slot, but if I'm not wrong the functionality can be built into the helmet itself.

We will look into it.

• Like 3

On 1/1/2020 at 12:55 PM, BlackSomethingDown said:

With the inclusion of all those helmet-mounted lights, may I know if you guys will be adding in functionality from MrSanchez' Headlamps?

You are right on point. We have been doing some looking into getting the headlamps functional using that exact mod which you have referenced. Still has a ways to go yet, but hopefully it will all work out and we can make that a true possibility.

On 1/1/2020 at 12:55 PM, BlackSomethingDown said:

Furthermore, he managed to remove the NVG ability from items in the NVG slot, which is something still present in USP (equipping the thermal wear gives your character the ability to go NVG mode despite not having a physical pair of NODs for example).

We finally got that worked out now and will be present with the coming update. Any items which don't have actual NV capabilities will no longer activate the NV/Thermal effects.

Some of you may be happy to know that we have some new vest loadouts on the way with this release, and this time around they will cover more than just rifleman/556 roles. We have several different ammo types which are being setup, including: 7.62 (AK & Marksman), MG box, and even a few for .50 cal. Also, more role-specific loadouts are being included as well to cover things such as Medic, Engineer, Grenadier, and CCT to name a few. Nearly all of our current vests will be covered with these new additions to ensure there is much more diversity and choices than how it is now.

siunKRiNQCKrd0uxOKDovmJ3Y5Eivfv93meFmy3Wn2k5qisB2eAFeNkqb27JBBriC8bRHgQLDZXmE0vJ

• Like 9