Congrats the stuff is awesome!
One question will you as a team allow reskins/retextures of you Gear?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys, it feels good to finally have the mod released and generating some good feedback so far. Glad all that work wasn't for nothing. Our whole team had a play in getting us to this stage and I can't thank everyone enough for hopping on board with the project. Been a long time coming, but we finally made it and its all uphill from here. We have already been working away at the first update, which will mainly be focused around fixes for the release build as well as some organizing, de-cluttering, and the addition of optional pattern packs to make it more manageable for everyone. There may be a few other goodies that are thrown in but don't wanna spoil anything just yet. One thing I can say for sure though....ACE is coming. For those that haven't kept up with our work implementing ACE interactions/features for our items, it will truly blow your mind and will be pretty amazing once its all done. Will update you guys with more info soon, so stay tuned.

2 hours ago, Ghostworrior said:

Congrats the stuff is awesome!
One question will you as a team allow reskins/retextures of you Gear?

There was a fairly lengthy discussion we had about retextures here a few pages back, which may help provide some insight to that whole subject. But as it stands with this first release, there are no retextures allowed, as none of the texture files should be available for access. That will be changed as we move along, where we will be making certain things (configs/textures) accessible where necessary. Because how can you guys make your own hiddenSelection loadouts without being able to access the configs, right?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Siege-A said:

There was a fairly lengthy discussion we had about retextures here a few pages back, which may help provide some insight to that whole subject. But as it stands with this first release, there are no retextures allowed, as none of the texture files should be available for access. That will be changed as we move along, where we will be making certain things (configs/textures) accessible where necessary. Because how can you guys make your own hiddenSelection loadouts without being able to access the configs, right?

That’s relieving to hear, and also makes a ton of sense if you think about it: things are constantly in flux at the moment, not all assets are colour matched with each other, loadouts and accessories aren’t finalises, etc etc.

Why bother retexturing when the asset may very well get changed in the next version.

Still, looking forward to when it’s all ready to go. I’ve already got a few ideas in mind (namely my CTRG-inspired set, in need of a total overhaul).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/25/2019 at 4:56 PM, Siege-A said:

Because how can you guys make your own hiddenSelection loadouts without being able to access the configs, right?

ingame config viewer should be able to show the required info?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Dedmen said:

ingame config viewer should be able to show the required info?

Didn't even consider that, but very true. Gotta quit modding so much and mess around more ingame so I can remember these things. Only catch will be they can't add it directly into our configs for right now, but definitely possible to make their own which use this as a dependency. Thanks for the tip, that should be helpful for those wanting to mess around with it.

On 7/27/2019 at 5:21 PM, Siege-A said:

Only catch will be they can't add it directly into our configs for right now, but definitely possible to make their own which use this as a dependency

Well that's the way it's supposed to be done. As modifying and reuploading others people stuff is generally a no-go anyway.

Why try so hard to stop other people from remixing your project? You're only hindering respectful mod makers as most people will easily get right past your efforts at obfuscation and steal your assets! Make it easy for people to access your project and you'll have much less trouble with people stealing your hard work.

1 hour ago, Fros7bite said:

Why try so hard to stop other people from remixing your project? You're only hindering respectful mod makers as most people will easily get right past your efforts at obfuscation and steal your assets! Make it easy for people to access your project and you'll have much less trouble with people stealing your hard work.

Mate, if you read up a few posts, you’d have seen that once content is stable/finalised/some state of finished, that retexturing will be opened up. Right now, stuff like existing textures, configs, classnames, models, and whole assets themselves are still being tweaked. That’s why it’s all locked down for the moment.

See this bit?

But as it stands with this first release, there are no retextures allowed, as none of the texture files should be available for access. That will be changed as we move along, where we will be making certain things (configs/textures) accessible where necessary.

I don’t know about you, but I’d personally rather retex something that’s practically closed to finished than something that may very well be removed in a future update. Besides, if you look carefully, not everything is colour matched, so you’d be hard pressed to get matching retextures made too.

• Like 2

At first look, it appears the ACE Arsenal is showing the helmets with no armour/protection values.  I'm unsure if this is an ACE Arsenal thing, or the mod, so thought I'd send up as is.

5 hours ago, Fros7bite said:

Thank you for your feedback, we'll take it into concideration once we have finalized parts of our mod.

As mentioned before, initially by @Siege-A and highlighted by @shadeops21, we have yet to fix certain issues before we can open up certain parts to allow for retexturing.
As a final note I would like to state my personal opinion, where I think that both our license and tools currently used do not allow for retextures. Respectful mod makers like yourself would know of these license issues. We are looking forward to allow people to retexture our content in the future, this can be done in overall agreement with the USP team.

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Fros7bite said:

pigheaded

15 minutes ago, Fros7bite said:

frankly against the rules.

1) No Flaming/Flame-baiting/bigotry

Abusive, racist, sexist, homophobic comments (or any other type of bigotry), personal attacks and name calling are not allowed either on the board or through PM's. If you receive a PM that is abusive or you find offensive please forward it to a moderator who will investigate.

Flame-baiting is also not tolerated; flame-baiting is making a post to someone that is obviously intended to elicit an angry response. Mocking/teasing/ridiculing someone or the point someone wants to make is also flamebaiting. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles as well as quoting someone against their wishes in your signature to belittle/tease/mock them. If someone asks you to remove something they posted on the forum from your signature you must remove it.

Frankly against the rules.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Fros7bite said:

Of course I won't steal your stuff! I'm just worried that people will take your work and reupload it as opposed to properly linking it if it is hard to use the hidden selections.

Reuploading content is against several rules, BI's own rules, our license, Valve's rules and regulations and any copyright or IP regulating act.

Doing so will result in legal issues, so I advise not to bring it up, or attempt it yourself.

As mentioned before, we will open certain areas of freedom for people to retexture. We have also stated multiple times that if you have requests for textures you can either bring these to the USP development team, or submit them. That way we can look over them, and if we deem them clear for use we will include them in USP itself with proper credit.

I am unsure how I can settle your concerns, especially those about stealing content. I have never said you would steal our stuff and I also don't think changing our behaviour towards allowing retextures will change that. If you are unsure about how we perceive rules regarding retextures and the license we use on our IP, feel free to either message me privately on Discord (which I'll provide in PMs) or on Reddit. Which can be found throughout this thread. I'll link it below just to make sure you have the correct one.

Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/UnderSiegeProductions

• Thanks 1

19) Posting addon/mod other content without permission

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community, people work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. There are a few simple rules in place to provide the respect to these creative people/groups that they deserve:

The first and most fundamental rule is that you must seek permission to alter someone's work, to mirror it or use it in any way other than for personal use. No permission, no editing, no mirroring, no adding to your mod pack, no editing and sharing around your private squad, none of that is acceptable.

Obviously we cannot unfortunately control what people do outside of these forums, however on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission and we receive a complaint then the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved and the forum member(s) risks being permanently banned from these forums for taking someone's work without permission.

This isn't just limited to re-using content in addons/mods/missions however, it's not acceptable to edit someone's work without permission and then to post screenshots of it on the forums (even if the edited addon/mod is purely for personal use), it's also not acceptable to edit someone's work, or use someone's work in any way that you don't have permission for and then to create videos which you post on these forums, doing any of the above without the permission of the original creators risks a permanent ban, for individuals, for whole mod teams or squads.

• Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Capt Childs said:

At first look, it appears the ACE Arsenal is showing the helmets with no armour/protection values.  I'm unsure if this is an ACE Arsenal thing, or the mod, so thought I'd send up as is.

Thanks and you are correct, the helmets currently have no protection values. We are in the process of getting those and the plate carriers setup properly and should be ready by the first update (Vests should have default protection values right now). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What the actual scott miller how did I so completely miss the release!?!? o.0

Congrats!!!!!!

(Do get on the armor values thing though, kinda important given the amount of bullets and explosives that tend to populate arma)

Edit: Holy shitballs the headgear in particular could use with being segregated into packs organized by camo family, you guys went a little overboard xD

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

(Do get on the armor values thing though, kinda important given the amount of bullets and explosives that tend to populate arma)

Absolutely. What good is gear if it's all just for show?

2 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

Edit: Holy shitballs the headgear in particular could use with being segregated into packs organized by camo family, you guys went a little overboard xD

Overboard? Maybe just a bit, lol. We are doing exactly what you have mentioned for the update, and getting optional pattern packs made to help decrease unnecessary clutter. Once the ACE functions are fully implemented, it will cut down on that drastically. Imagine being able to take a base helmet and then dynamically adding the accessories you want on it afterwards, while playing, and even having some of those accessories functional. Or being able to put gloves for a uniform on/off whenever you like....or rolling the sleeves up/down. Effectively eliminating all the variants in the arsenal down to the base items, since you'll have total freedom to setup those variants while playing. Sound impressive and too good to be true? Well soon, that may be a reality.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

One small thing I have is can the uniforms load value  be increased to match RHS for cross compatibility? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kilo-bravo said:

One small thing I have is can the uniforms load value  be increased to match RHS for cross compatibility? 

Values are yet to change, we'll do our best and have playability as our number one priority. Matching other mods may not be our key focus, but we'll get it to be as useful as we can.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Siege-A said:

Absolutely. What good is gear if it's all just for show?

Overboard? Maybe just a bit, lol. We are doing exactly what you have mentioned for the update, and getting optional pattern packs made to help decrease unnecessary clutter. Once the ACE functions are fully implemented, it will cut down on that drastically. Imagine being able to take a base helmet and then dynamically adding the accessories you want on it afterwards, while playing, and even having some of those accessories functional. Or being able to put gloves for a uniform on/off whenever you like....or rolling the sleeves up/down. Effectively eliminating all the variants in the arsenal down to the base items, since you'll have total freedom to setup those variants while playing. Sound impressive and too good to be true? Well soon, that may be a reality.

Would you still require the ace mod for this functionality or you mean you would just implement it using scripting found in Ace?

1 hour ago, markoef said:

Values are yet to change, we'll do our best and have playability as our number one priority. Matching other mods may not be our key focus, but we'll get it to be as useful as we can.

Oh absolutely. I only notice because I swapped between RHS's G3s and USP G3s both by cunico and couldn't find my micro dragger. 

20 minutes ago, ruff said:

Would you still require the ace mod for this functionality or you mean you would just implement it using scripting found in Ace?

Yes, it would still require ACE in order to have the type of interactions that I had mentioned above. There are some features that we are trying to incorporate as default for certain items, but ACE will play a big role for the rest of it. We may look into trying to implement as much of this as possible as a standard part of the pack eventually, without needing ACE, but there is no certainty that it will happen. 

• Like 1

@Siege-A thanks a lot for insight.  Really appreciate it 😀

Just noticed that sidearms are not appearing in holsters where present; the holster appears empty.

At 1.6GB, this is a big, big mod...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Capt Childs said:

Just noticed that sidearms are not appearing in holsters where present; the holster appears empty.

Those were working correctly before the release was made, but unfortunately due to the trouble we had during packing, many things were left out/changed at the last second (without having a chance to test) and it was an oversight that I didn't realize until afterwards. But the proxies are in place for it and it's just a matter of checking out what affected that and getting it fixed. So should be no trouble to get them showing back up again.

5 hours ago, Capt Childs said:

At 1.6GB, this is a big, big mod...

This is something that has been a concern for us, as we quickly saw the size rising with only a fraction of our custom content added in so far. So we already had in mind that by the time everything is added ingame, this mod will be pretty damn large. But I'd rather have a huge mod with lots of quality content, than cutting down the size and having to take things away. I understand that size can be an issue for some people, especially when it concerns being part of a group playing online together. But seeing as how this mod would cut down on the need for numerous different gear packs in order to cover what a group would need, I personally think the size would be within reason. And just to be clear, the size has nothing to do with the amount of item variants that are included. We use hiddenSelections very heavily with every model we can, which keeps us from having duplicate models just for a couple attachments or accessories added on. So more or less, this comes down to the amount of texture/material files which are eating up space rapidly (4K sheets can be pretty hefty). In order to counter that to the best of our ability (without just removing things entirely), we are constantly looking for ways to make the mod as modular as possible every chance we can. So in the end the plan is to have things broken down into many standalone/optional modules so that everyone can cut back on the size by simply not using certain parts of the mod that they don't need. I'm one of those people that runs Arma with over 100GB of mods active at the same time, so the size thing was never really a big deal to me, but we'll still do what we can to keep it in check.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Siege-A said:

4K sheets can be pretty hefty

I know it prooobably won't happen. But how about also publishing a seperate low quality variant with 2k textures for the people who are concerned about size? Packing 4k down to 2k can be automated quite easily so time-wise it shouldn't be that bad.
Though I can understand that, that might cause complaints about "low quality" from some people who can't read.

I reduced the 4k textures of some backpacks in TFAR to 2k and more than halved the download size of the mod, with only a imperceptible quality difference. And I prefer quantity to quality in Arma. With my unit I often play many factions so we need a very broad choice of gear. And yeah, in cool screenshots you might drool over how sexy your stuff is, but in combat, I care more about the number of bandages hidden in my inventory than the number of pixels on my gun.

• Like 2

@Siege-A thanks again for the feedback, much appreciated.

It's funny reading your explanation around mod size, the first thing I thought when scanning through the mod was... this is already 1.6GB at a first pass with only initial content, it's going to get bigger than this...

I think you're always going to have a dozen different ways to cut down mod size, and lots of probably very opinionated people sharing them with you, for me for what its worth... I think the camo scheme approach might be an option.  Some Arma models can look ugly AF, so I'm not a fan of reducing quality, however I think all of us have a ton of content in the mods we load that we never use.  Being able to select just what camo schemes you know you use might be an approach.

Regardless, along with a couple of other mods, your mod has been one of the handful of apparently awesome yet mythical "its coming but never quite gets here" mods, along with those few others still yet unreleased.  You and your team deserve huge recognition for getting your mod out and into the wild, grand applause.  In an age where commercial software & games often release in alpha and beta guises, rather than perfected and finished, it always seems like its easier to fix & remedy as you develop further, whilst taking your audience on a journey with you, getting them invested in your project, rather than forever promise "its coming".

Great job team, keep it up, fantastic effort, a thankful community!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1