5 hours ago, Parrish.D said:

If you need more testers my unit will gladly do so as we plan to use your kit after release anyways.

Reveal hidden contents

We currently have a very solid group of testers  and are not looking to add to the mix at this time. Thank you for your continued interest!

USP Team

• Like 1

Really loving the new screenshots, amazing work as always.

There lots of screenshots of various helmets/carriers with different patch combos. Will there be a variant of every piece of kit for every patch combo, or will patches be randomized upon selection?

51 minutes ago, appetency said:

Really loving the new screenshots, amazing work as always.

There lots of screenshots of various helmets/carriers with different patch combos. Will there be a variant of every piece of kit for every patch combo, or will patches be randomized upon selection?

You will be able to change the patches on on all pieces that support them using hidden selections.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2019 at 7:24 PM, unearthedtru7h said:

We currently have a very solid group of testers  and are not looking to add to the mix at this time. Thank you for your continued interest!

USP Team

Completely fine with me keep up that amazing work!

• Like 1

G'day @Siege-A

A couple of quick questions if I may.

Will your vests be using hidden selections to place the pouches, thereby allowing others to re-configure them through external configs, or are the pouches and attachments part of the model?

What is your release strategy for the mod? ie Will you be releasing everything that you have ready in one big pack, or will it be in staggered releases? For example by camoflage pattern, or by individual equipment categories (eg Vest, Uniforms, Headgear etc.)

• Like 3

17 hours ago, wansec_6 said:

-snip-

If i remember correctly they are first going to do an all in one pack where it includes all their gear then they are going to break it down by factions like 75th ranger pack that has all the gear to accurately portray rangers or USSF pack that has all the gear to portray Green Berets 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2019 at 11:09 PM, wansec_6 said:

Will your vests be using hidden selections to place the pouches, thereby allowing others to re-configure them through external configs, or are the pouches and attachments part of the model?

What is your release strategy for the mod? ie Will you be releasing everything that you have ready in one big pack, or will it be in staggered releases? For example by camoflage pattern, or by individual equipment categories (eg Vest, Uniforms, Headgear etc.)

The pouches and accessories on the vests will be hidden selections, but placed in preconfigured loadouts. Users will be able to hide pouches/acc they don't want in the loadout, to somewhat form their own, but it won't be as free as just having pouches placed wherever you like. That would mean we would have to have several of the same pouches placed all over the vest and hidden, which would make for some massive models. So instead we will offer many different loadouts for each vest and you can semi-tailor the setup to your liking, showing as much or as little of the loadout as you like. In regards to the release strategy, we're still fine-tuning that side of things to try and make it as modular as possible. Most likely the first release is going to be one large pack, where we can have more time after that to set it all up exactly the way we would like (as well as incorporating compatibility for certain other mods such as ACE). PBO's will be broken down into the core files (headgear, uniform, vests, etc) and then we would like to have it further divided to have additional camo/pattern packs for those core addons. Since this mod will truly expand the virtual arsenal list beyond expectation, we are trying to carefully organize it all so it is manageable for everyone.

And since its been quiet on the WIP front, gotta fill you guys in on some of the latest additions/improvements that have been cooking up behind the scenes. First up are just some retextures done with Cunico's vest pouches to match up with the patterns we are currently using. 

jGiv2xF3nUfoTtHQ8cQvMzlFXb-FDO5FAHWagTlsBKrVAOG4ak799_v8_c594xMeyIARJ0VmJo1odIh7rsteSS0-NeQrp7MTVstRuPWWh5n-WzEqScCLbXbvV6nDb_DqiWrUePUPkqf9BUUAOYmJTIWiF3MAwMAF2n6il4bgfavfzTdLAafhB7tX7iD-vTSTf11UxwdK

Next we have the Eagle MBAV which has also received some texture work:

-q37HgJsKprMg25QURMbkPsW9xhd7cgKvCAplt7R

@srodge has completed the Harris AN/PRC-163 Multi-Channel Radio, for his first asset contributed to the mod:

vivNhe4w-zu__85OeaSksf1B272KlcyBEOFLdHcZ

Then I've been working away at our headsets, finally giving all our headgear a welcome change away from the old Comtacs we were using. All current Comtac 3 sets are getting replaced with these:

47YePHolt3S17kI80IyLMXLiznqtbaJTvFljc24LsWqPrmmgaqBd6LQ3_ubQxcxYA_dwscZ-ggnCxT5HV2XDSWxIggcuJM9DsxzbTAbueSOvzw8O7FxValRW3eD-RJizpDEETUwRuyubv1rZxRfQlo8-lwvCvsWb8DlOXRFJ1Ai5m8wHDq6iPeZ_62wrBJRFTQVbYz6s

Last up, one of our new headset models added ingame, which was created by OMA & Krogar, and some of you may remember from quite a ways back in its early stages. The TCI Liberator 3: 

dL9b3puhbT4EcW7fkEYCpQ3Cwy9uZhf5PnzGT5okXvHINgtJLtjTWG1Sew0ISqBHWxkSzrx8RiUIN1FtRn3fpAt15DsKpC0jRkgiDeOdSMS6ZqMW0qGpK0Y4dTreYeoQinuexHOqCdFPnlGVJwgsvBVAe_m8bvUf

• Like 28
  • Thanks 4

The pouches and accessories on the vests will be hidden selections, but placed in preconfigured loadouts. Users will be able to hide pouches/acc they don't want in the loadout, to somewhat form their own, but it won't be as free as just having pouches placed wherever you like. That would mean we would have to have several of the same pouches placed all over the vest and hidden, which would make for some massive models. So instead we will offer many different loadouts for each vest and you can semi-tailor the setup to your liking, showing as much or as little of the loadout as you like.

Badass! Keep killin' it fellas. I really like your thinking style and approach. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RealMister said:

Are desert tiger stripe uniforms planed, or is it just ATT and OG tiger stripe?

At release both Tiger Stripe and Desert Tiger Stripe patterns will be available for use.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, unearthedtru7h said:

At release both Tiger Stripe and Desert Tiger Stripe patterns will be available for use.

Awesome, thank you.

• Thanks 1

The Liberator headset+backwards cap is very nice, Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

I could be mistaken here, but I remember early on that there were plans (or at least talk) of publicly accessible texture templates for the gear featured in this pack (for people to make their own texture variations/personalisations, etc). Is that still on the cards or has that changed?

Asking as a small group of guys I roll with are keen on slapping their name tags, patches, etc on this kit for them to run around in when the pack comes out.

• Like 1

Hey, first off I want to say absolutely excellent work! I dont want to sound like a that guy, but something I noticed on the cpc is that webbing for the shoulder straps connecting the pads to the plate bags is multicam, which is incorrect. It should be in khaki. (really its my only pet peeve of the model other than that I wanted to just let y'all know this looks absolutely fantastic)

• Thanks 1

On 4/4/2019 at 1:34 AM, shadeops21 said:

I could be mistaken here, but I remember early on that there were plans (or at least talk) of publicly accessible texture templates for the gear featured in this pack (for people to make their own texture variations/personalisations, etc). Is that still on the cards or has that changed?

Asking as a small group of guys I roll with are keen on slapping their name tags, patches, etc on this kit for them to run around in when the pack comes out.

Retextures will not be allowed by default. Only authors who have permission will be able to retexture items.

On 4/4/2019 at 7:04 AM, DimDim101 said:

Hey, first off I want to say absolutely excellent work! I dont want to sound like a that guy, but something I noticed on the cpc is that webbing for the shoulder straps connecting the pads to the plate bags is multicam, which is incorrect. It should be in khaki. (really its my only pet peeve of the model other than that I wanted to just let y'all know this looks absolutely fantastic)

I appreciate you pointing this out. Our bad.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, warden_1 said:

Retextures will not be allowed by default. Only authors who have permission will be able to retexture items.

Well that’s a buzzkill... understandable but a buzzkill nonetheless. Was itching to toss some Aussie flags and tags on some of that kit.

Nevertheless, looking forward to the ‘relace’.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, shadeops21 said:

Well that’s a buzzkill... understandable but a buzzkill nonetheless. Was itching to toss some Aussie flags and tags on some of that kit.

Nevertheless, looking forward to the ‘relace’.

I don't understand why, could you explain pls?

@MaL1203, @New Year New Warden_2, shameful posts indeed, hopefully your bans will be long or permanent.

On 4/8/2019 at 7:01 AM, shadeops21 said:

Well that’s a buzzkill... 

Not really, it seems perfectly reasonable to ask for permission first rather than giving Carte blanche. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, EO said:

Not really, it seems perfectly reasonable to ask for permission first rather than giving Carte blanche. 

which is what he said right after the part you quoted

• Confused 1

I'm aware of that, however maybe your not aware of the quite hateful posts that have since been hidden by the moderators, they were aimed at one of the developers regarding his view on retexture permissions.

My post was just a general answer to everyone, no malice towards shadeops21 whatsoever.

• Like 1

sorry that i misunderstood, wouldve been nice if you made it more clear its mostly directed at the deleted posts tho because it really seemed it was just directed at shadeops21. like i said, sorry have a nice day

Edited by Dedmen
Fix black background
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, EO said:

My post was just a general answer to everyone, no malice towards shadeops21 whatsoever.

And to make sure it’s clear, none taken either.

As I’d prefaced, I wasn’t completely sure about that little detail in the first place. I got my answer; wasn’t what I was hoping for but an answer nonetheless.

Just gotta shmooze up to the devs now, heh...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/8/2019 at 2:01 AM, shadeops21 said:

Was itching to toss some Aussie flags and tags on some of that kit.

Not to worry, you'll still have a chance to toss your own flags on items that support it. We are taking a different route with the retextures than what was originally stated with the mod, but it's a reasonable way of doing it so that we can try to monitor the quality of what is made publicly available. Users will be able to present retextures to our team to request permission for public release. As long as the quality matches what we would expect for the assets being used, permission would be granted and those people could release it as a retexture pack for the community. Or they could even submit the retextures to be used in our own official releases, so it would become a standard part of the mod overall. This mainly covers the issue of retextures which people want to release publicly. What you all retexture for your own personal/private use is of no concern to us and would be up to the user to ensure they aren't conflicting with our terms of agreement. But as far as simply swapping out flags or patches on items, that will be available to everyone at initial release, as all patches on our assets will use hidden selections. So you'll still be able to slap Aussie flags all over everything you want, as long as the items have those selections available. It will be very rare circumstances for us to permanently place flags or other country specific identifiers on items which can't be removed.

Edited by Siege-A
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Siege-A said:

In a similar stance to RHS, users will be able to present retextures to our team to request permission for public release. 

we don’t do that

• Haha 3