Some more goodies from OMA:

7ZwwuwvEnlSq1opnNddo-w6qmmRVMIrr5hv3eQYNw5cPuIpTEL3Zoq6OvXWPPr6UIcbtenX3bj702BQua9O5NU4m_ZjwIRXsCAAszzraO4FneUN13yt0axZx

And a look at some more of our helmet cover designs, this time showing off a few of the Kryptek patterns:

MWgV9Tkiecw0q4H04o2bbEEtt61R6hc7Bsr8MGX-qsd1SA-CM2tmbKvllEWyPkvc6AkeBaFGRjWUABQn4mT_aGeq5nYBip6NABEceBZU1SiewLQXkmO3GoV6

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2

G'day @Siege-A,

Everything is looking really good.

Do you have any Boonie hats in different configurations in the plans. E.g. Boonies with Sordin headsets, Boonies with rolled/folded up brims, etc?

10 hours ago, wansec_6 said:

Do you have any Boonie hats in different configurations in the plans. E.g. Boonies with Sordin headsets, Boonies with rolled/folded up brims, etc?

Boonies are in the making, and we'll have plenty of variants/styles available. Had some A2 models for them that were originally being used/edited, but those will be scrapped once the new ones are done.

• Like 1

Had more time to work on speeding up my scan process. This model has around 1.5 machine hours of processing and 2 hours of actual work taking photos, masking, baking the maps out and then doing some touchup in photoshop, its not immaculate but it should look good in-game, vert count is basically the same as default Arma gloves maybe a tiny bit higher and it is using 1K texture maps:

screenshot033.png

Here is an example of an OpsCore scan of my Carbon showing a few different phases of the model (this one will be purely for texture grabbing and sizing):

unknown.png

This whole process has been far slower than originally anticipated but we are making significant progress.

• Like 21

Few more progress pics for you guys, for those not keeping up with the WIP. Firstly we have a look at Ardy's incredible G3 pants (shirt is still in the works). These are still WIP, just wanted to show how those are coming along so far. 

Y33-IoXWd2HA3uS0r-3cZGfgx-w3OkUooRQ3gxQ8_GNKR4l22N3JiHMLkVN0EvjPwB5voSxPOrsSCmHQ

Next up is the updated texture for the SOLR oxygen mask, which was done by Lyy Amao:

8778iOi4Px8puxfZoFhZU0rLPSn9XCfAxNh4xKO9qkKeXCjaQ95cnGnK60CR7r8CDBVuhWxwDpgcVyG8

And lastly, our kneepads model by OMA, which he also decided to provide his own texture for (WIP):

P_fDHMHNEVWcg-R6lztI_nnwF8u0gkOdwPCzQyQg

• Like 32

Just noticed this and WOW!
The Haley D3CRX with the (I'm guessing PACA armor) is just what i've been waiting for.

Great work guys and i can't wait until the release.

Speaking of chest rigs, here's an early peek at one we have in the works:

1ucPyfj6wFzx44oWQw0kDVsEEyq6wo9emxX2SzRrc1u63CSsh5PuzbLlHz8KRd6mT_l5nTGp-yzYiyZkuICA78MI97so9YXfM8zL5TT7T7cBHgkC8W3bxNsKCPSvCmEHQloTCMyigwLXxo7CU8Qgq9FYubp6T5EjHrx0TOahKlKWRQqW2adOd_YGGwXromQFHuXdTaBc

• Like 29
  • Thanks 4

If some guys are asking is because they/we really admire your work. 

Dont get me wrong, I understand it must be annoying having people asking the same thing all the time, but the way you just put it in that post....

But keep up the good quallity work you guys do.

• Like 3

Can we please stop with the trolling and stupid comments. We have no place for this trash in our official thread. To the trolls; please act your age, I know that may be hard for you. Can a moderator please clean up this thread? Much love, USP Team

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Just a quick announcement for those wondering where the release is. If you haven't guessed it by now, the release was delayed, largely due to me not having enough time to get everything finalized, tested and ready. I told everyone many times now that I'm really bad with ETA's, and this is a perfect example of that. I'm the one that set the end of year mark, and no ones fault but my own that we didn't meet that date. I take full responsibility, so no need to blame it on +2's and people asking for release dates. That was there to keep us from being spammed with ETA's, and while it wasn't enforced everytime that was asked, it does weigh in for the people demanding shit or feeling like we owe them this free mod when they want it. Now on the good side of things, the mod still is in its final stages before release and we're still pushing to make it happen. Mainly we've got some testing to be done and other things, but I can assure all of you it isn't far off now.

Also everyone needs to be aware that this is the initial release on the way, so don't expect it to contain everything you've seen us show off here. It doesn't reflect the overall content that is being added in, nor the overall quality that the entire pack is aiming for. It should only be considered as an early look at things to come in an alpha phase, where everything will be improved as we move along. This is purely being done to give you all something to play with while the mod is still being worked on. Updates can be expected all throughout the year as new assets are added in and other items are improved. I would offer some type of release date, but since that isn't something I can always meet, I'll just say 'coming soon'. 

Sorry for the delay, as I'm sure many of you are eager to get your hands on things. Just don't ever think we are delaying to be assholes, or because of a lack of effort. We have been putting a ton of time and work into this mod so far, with a massive project on our hands, and we want to ensure that the product we release is up to the standards we expect. Would be a shame to put all this work into something only to give you all an unfinished/unsatisfactory mod because we felt pressured to release early. Be calm and be patient, and I can guarantee you will be pleased with the result. We have a long road ahead full of exciting new things for the game, and while it may take time to deliver the whole package, it'll be well worth it in the end.

On 12/30/2018 at 4:05 PM, FZE said:

If some guys are asking is because they/we really admire your work. 

Dont get me wrong, I understand it must be annoying having people asking the same thing all the time, but the way you just put it in that post....

But keep up the good quallity work you guys do.

I didn't see the comments made before this and won't ask for them to be brought back up again. But I will say we appreciate the support and interest people have with the mod and it shouldn't be taken otherwise. I think the main issue here is all the flak we get along the way, either with release dates, rippers waiting to tear the mod apart, or people taking for granted that we work on this stuff in our free time and offer all of this for free. Just using my position as an example, I came into this as a very easy going guy and always doing what I could to make people happy or include their requests. Only to realize that people walk all over you when given the chance, put on fake disguises to act like your friend and then backstab/talk shit about you when you're not around, so I have to take a more stern approach with things. This doesn't even speak for the guys that have been doing this longer than I have which already knew what to expect walking into this. No one should ever take this stuff personally, except for those which provoke it.

On 12/30/2018 at 5:58 PM, deathmetalninja said:

I suggest don't make any comments of any kind on here and we might get some content... ;)

That definitely shouldn't be the way of thinking here. No one should feel on edge about posting comments or discussing things. We will release when we feel ready, regardless of something that was said or continuous ETA requests. If we didn't give a shit, we wouldn't have a public thread open for discussions. If anyone comes in making demands, shitty comments, or outlandish requests, you can probably see a reason why they get dealt with harshly. But for the common support, sensible requests/comments/concerns, you should never feel hesitant to speak on it. 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 5

Sorry for the delay, as I'm sure many of you are eager to get your hands on things. Just don't ever think we are delaying to be assholes, or because of a lack of effort.

Trust me mate, you have nothing to be sorry about or need to explain yourself. I've been there with ASTFOR, it's not easy to see through successfully even when you have numerous people on deck to help. People who want an apology are either people who think making this kind of mod as "It can't be that hard, they're probably just lazy" types or the self-entitled assholes who don't care about all the time, hard work, stresses, etc you need to invest into doing something like this. It's enough to put even the most enthusiastic people through their paces. I use to shit rainbows nearly in terms of enthusiasm starting my project, and after a few years of a real solid dose of reality, that quickly changed. And then feeling the pressure to rush just to satisfy people out of fear of them talking shit all over the internet about "eh these guys are going to be like every other flopped mod out there", it takes its toll in very big ways.

So don't feel like you owe us in the community anything. Do what you have to in order to not see the success you desire for this, but do everything possible to cling tightly to that passion for yourselves. Everything else will come through own its own in due time. When you are ready and happy enough to release confidently--you'll know.  The people who genuinely support your project will understand and will eagerly wait. And the rest? Oh well, they'll get over it. :f:

Keep doing what you're doing mate, and above all else--have fun doing it!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@Siege-A It was just a poor attempt at a joke mate, sorry if i caused any offence. 

Take all the time you want ;)

• Like 1

More power to you guys. Take the proper time you need to put out a quality product.

Just out of curiosity, did something happen to the discord? I no longer have access. 

Howdy everyone , With the continued overwhelming support from all of you, towards UnderSiege Productionz and its developers, we have come the conclusion that it is impossible to keep up with all the positive feedback. As well as questions regarding the possible outcomes of this mod.

As UnderSiege Productionz’ gear mod is evolving and reaching the point of its first release, where it is critical to clarify the information provided to the public, UnderSiege Productionz’ method of external communication will shift towards a more content aware platform. As we would like to keep this as accessible as possible for your benefit, we have chosen to perform such communication through the Bohemia Interactive forums. This allows the end-user a clear view of any upcoming updates, as well as a stable and always accessible platform for anyone, anywhere. This in turn, provides us with a clear understanding of our priorities and will allow us to provide shorter, streamlined and significantly clearer content-filled messages to the public.

However, due to the change in communication between UnderSiege Productionz and the overwhelming amount of supporters we have gained through the last year, it is no longer feasible to use Discord as a method of external communication. Thus, we conclude that the Discord server will no longer be provided as an open platform. This to create a better environment for you, the end-user, and provide you with a more clear and content-filled message once every month (Hopefully) on the Bohemia Interactive forums. We sincerely hope that this will ensure a clear understanding of the aim and direction of the mod, as well as provide a more accessible platform for feedback.

Thank you for your immense support, and hopefully we will be seeing you soon on the Bohemia Interactive forums!

- UnderSiege Productionz Development Team

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

We'll be getting a channel set back up for donators in the Discord where they will be able to view WIP. Give us a little time to work it all out, but in the meantime donators can send me or anyone in the dev team a message on here or Discord, so its easy for us to track you down when its time to be added back. Thanks for bearing with us through all of this and we should have a much smoother experience from here on out.

• Like 5

First things, this mod looks spectacular. Seriously outstanding work.

There was some talk in the discord of potential ace compatibility, are there any plans to add ace hearing protection to the helmets/headsets which have modeled hearing protection?

• Like 1