Oh, I'll toss something in.

While back, I was looking up Russian SOF gear, like what it exactly was it at the time, and I came across this site-

http://raidgear.ru/

Lot of good stuff in there for forces using AKs and similar platforms.

Just a quick question, is all this gear gonna be in multicam or will there be different variants? 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

i see others spitballing ideas, so I figured I'd join in. do em or don't, I don't mean to demand anything.

Very nice list. Quite a few items in there that I think we are pretty interested in doing. That 6094 Slick and the TT Fight Light Carrier are likely to not be far down our worklist, which we are currently in the process of building our next work order for Sahio, lol. 

13 hours ago, Victruso said:

Oh, I'll toss something in.

While back, I was looking up Russian SOF gear, like what it exactly was it at the time, and I came across this site-

http://raidgear.ru/

Lot of good stuff in there for forces using AKs and similar platforms.

Not bad, not bad, will definitely consider some of this. Thanks for the link.

3 hours ago, Nathan45 said:

Just a quick question, is all this gear gonna be in multicam or will there be different variants? 

Duuuude, have you not been keeping up with everything? One major element we're after with this pack is....variety. Not only variety in the different loadouts/setups, but also in the form of camo patterns/colors. I think that should be a sure indicator that we'll be doing quite a few different patterns aside from just Multicam. One good thing about me working on a retexture pack before I ever started all of this, is I have quite a library of different camo swatches that I have at our disposal, even some of the uncommon pats like ATACS, US4CES, and Kryptek. We plan to do each item in patterns that make sense for whom uses them, so that means no IOTV in AOR2 or something crazy like that. This also includes trying to incorporate camo patterns from other nations as well, where it fits. 

Also as far as uniforms go, for anyone wondering, we will be mix-matching the hell out of them. This means mixing different shirt/pants models together, as well as mixing camo patterns for top/bottom. I'm definitely a fan of setups like that, so I'll make sure to pack plenty of those in. Can't leave without throwing a little WIP up, so here's a sneak peek at one of our camo variants for the PlateFrame (and no, not all of them will have a skull on it):

B6NKSmN.png

*EDIT: Wasn't real happy with the colors on the AOR-2 pattern, so doing some adjustments:

Mb0DBeX.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Did some ingame testing with the PlateFrame, grabbed a few pics, pretty satisfied with the results so far. We definitely have some sizing adjustments to be made to the plates, especially up front. Will get it all sorted out, just couldn't resist that rewarding feeling of seeing an item ingame for the first time. 

Spoiler

fD3h98s.pngkrfUoMF.pngvhH8uyo.pngFgH7os4.pngJfcpYpl.pngnsykITw.pngyYvGXVu.png2JzZLUi.pngDigaPhw.pngTJBou6N.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Bake some AO into the vest diffuse map. A bit brighter inside the shapes than the front face. 

Tone down the stitching on the uniform where the sleeve meets chest fabric.

Purdy stuff though coming along nicely

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, warlord554 said:

Bake some AO into the vest diffuse map. A bit brighter inside the shapes than the front face. 

Tone down the stitching on the uniform where the sleeve meets chest fabric.

Purdy stuff though coming along nicely

The uniform is Cunico/RHS G3, but thanks for the tips man

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Siege-A said:

*EDIT: Wasn't real happy with the colors on the AOR-2 pattern, so doing some adjustments:

Second version looks much better, nice job.

4 hours ago, Siege-A said:

Did some ingame testing with the PlateFrame, grabbed a few pics, pretty satisfied with the results so far. We definitely have some sizing adjustments to be made to the plates, especially up front. Will get it all sorted out, just couldn't resist that rewarding feeling of seeing an item ingame for the first time.

nutbutton.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

People must have been dying for some civilian style gear. Here we are with another completed special request for a standard hoodie:

fYMZBKz.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CrazyCorky said:

Beautiful! Sleeves rolled version?!

Not yet, but we'll have the rolled sleeve version coming up soon. Probably even do a hood up version as well.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Siege-A said:

People must have been dying for some civilian style gear. Here we are with another completed special request for a standard hoodie:

-SNIP-

Uh....

Blackout?

I need to borrow this for a second.

20 hours ago, BLACKOUT6IX said:

nutbutton.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Siege-A said:

fYMZBKz.png

Absolutely badass guys! Can't tell if that's a regular pullover hoodie or a zip up one like the one I fashion modelled for you. Probably could do both depending on how you texture it. But it looks great!

• Like 1

New hoodies! Err merr gerrrd!! Been using the ones from Tryk (which are still great)for so long. Great to see some new ones.

• Like 1

Loving everything this mod is going to bring in to ARMA. The updates you are posting keep me shocked at how fast things in this mod are being made. I have a question regarding uniforms, would you be open to adding a uniform with a pair of gaiters for cold/wet weather?

• Like 1

A modest request: dual-sport lids to go with CUP's M1030. Technically, a lot of guys who ride bikes in the military get by with less... purpose-built options (at least they wear gloves...), but most Marines photos I've seen have them wearing something resembling proper protection. 

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d6/US_Navy_030212-N-2379C-010_A_member_of_the_15th_Marine_Expeditionary_Unit_(MEU)_Special_Operations_Capable_(SOC)_waits_his_turn_to_onload_his_motorcycle_for_a_helicopter_flight_into_Kuwait.jpg

https://www.cycleworld.com/2008/03/05/xtrapix-government-issue-first-look#page-2

More on the M1030, if you're interested

The Motorcycle, Military, 2-wheel, M1030 is the US Military designation for a series of modified Kawasaki KLR dual-sport motorcycles, acquired for use by reconnaissance, ground messengers, administration, and special operations use. The US military has long been aware of the advantages of motorcycles for certain applications ever since Harley and Indian set up shop, and has fielded them on and off for a long time. Following the debacle that was Operarion Eagle Claw, the then-new Special Operations Command or SOCOM inquired about the possible use of motorcycles for missions requiring fast all terrain mobility. Kawasaki's renowned and practically indestructible KLR series of on-and-off-road motorcycles were a logical choice. The original M1030 is basically just a KLR250 with extra bodywork; it was so close to the original that they didn't even initially bother with a type designator. If we're being honest, 250cc is too small in this case; the low power, torque, and range were not really ideal for the mission profiles such a vehicle would fill. Nonetheless, SOCOM and later the US Marines (who desired a bike for Marine Recon and admin) persisted with the 250 until something that better fit their needs was available for the right price.

The M1030B1 was adopted in the early 1990s to replace the no-suffix model. The B1 was modified from the then-new KLR650. Fuel economy went up to 55 miles per gallon (4.27 L/100), and a new 6 gallon tank could take it up to 330 miles on MOGAS (slang for gasoline/petrol, just a touch over 530 km). At 48 horsepower from it's 651cc, dual overhead cam, carbureted single cylinder motor, it was also much more ready to carry a scout or beret and all of their crap, and still have enough power to get them out of trouble quickly if they're found out. It's inexpensive to acquire, parts are available everywhere, everything is designed for ease of maintenance, it's water-cooled so idling isn't an issue, the clutch is made out of indestructium and thus you can run just about any motor oil in it and still have a wet clutch (very important considering the relatively low quality of military oil), it is inherently tolerant towards lower-octane fuel, the carbs can be re-jetted in minutes by literally anybody and a minimum of tools (handy in the wildly varying altitudes of Afghanistan) and so on and so forth. The only problem is that it is pretty much the only thing the US Armed Forces uses overseas that runs on MOGAS. It is a bike so it does not use much, but nonetheless a bit of a pain logistically when civilian fuel stations either don't have unleaded MOGAS or don't accept USD, to say nothing of purging fuel trucks to carry MOGAS.

Enter the definitive model, the M1030M1. A company by the name of Hayes Diversified Technologies out of Half Way, Missouri came up with a way to make a bike-sized diesel motor that wasn't complete crap; in fact it is quite good. The only readily apparent visual difference is in the fairing, with very big and obvious letters saying "JP8/DIESEL" so that some boot-effed Marine doesn't have an excuse when they put MOGAS in it. For a diesel, it is high-revving and very torque-happy, though being a diesel peak power dropped to around 30hp even with a properly jetted carb and JP5, torque was up enough to make most of the difference back. Because it is only 611cc and a diesel, it has a fuel economy of 95 miles per gallon (2.47 L/100!!!!), which combined with its 4.2-gallon fuel tank nets you 400 miles of useable range (a few under 650km). Furthermore, the Marines requested very loose fuel tolerances for the motor, which means that while it says JP8/Diesel on the side, you can also run it on JP4, JP5, Kerosene, and Biodiesel. Being a military vehicle, you can bet your ass they've put "diesel" in it which while it has technically been through a refinery, is really more similar to crude oil, and it would still keep going. 

And going, and going, and going, and going.

The B1 and M1 are currently in service with the USMC and USSOCOM, a variant is in service with the British Armed Forces. Given the incredible longevity of these things they are likely to remain in service for a very, very, very long time

Marines loading a pair of M1030B1 MOGAS bikes onto a CH-46 Sea Knight on the USS Kearsarge (LHD-3), 16 April 2005. USMC public domain photo

id_klr_250d8_700.jpg

Note the interesting choices when it comes to PPE; elbow and knee pads along with IBAs, but K-Pots and no gloves. Hmmmm. Then again, they are doing low-speed duck walking type stuff

Specifications, coutesy of Militaryfactory.com

Operating Crew: 1 (author's note: plus 1 passenger, though you'll rarely if ever see the US military do this)

Length: 7.05 ft (2.15 m)

Width: 2.92 ft (0.89 m)

Height: 4.49 ft (1.37 m)

Operating Weight: 353 lb (160 kg)

Powerplant: 1x 651cc Kawasaki four-stroke gasoline single cylinder engine developing 48 horsepower (B1), or 1x 611cc HDT four-stroke diesel/JP8 single cylinder developing 30 horsepower (M1)

Road Speed: 81 mph (130 km/h) (note: the B1, sure, the M1 probably not so much)

Road Range: 330 Miles (530km, B1), 401 Miles (640km, M1)

Armament: None (note: it is technically possible to use an SMG or pistol with the clutch hand, but it is incredibly impractical. Furthermore, passenger weapon use would unbalance the bike leading to safety issues)

NBC Systems: None (note: MOPP and M50 are what you get)

NV Equipment: None (note: the M1030 is not equipped by default with an infrared headlight, and thus high-speed use at night can be potentially hazardous. I imagine an IR filter wouldn't be too difficult to make, though) 

• Like 2

This is god's work you are doing here. :rthumb:

I was wondering if there will be a MICH 2001 without the rails?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, M. Wolf said:

I was wondering if there will be a MICH 2001 without the rails?

Will probably be making the rails on it a hiddenSelection, so that should be no problem at all.

The new hoodies are in. Now coming in 4 variants, long/rolled sleeves and hood up/down.

CRY2Kth.pngvJeikdl.png

• Like 7

Dude, all these previews want me to go back into blender again and actually get something done.

I haven't been inspired this much in a while.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Siege-A said:

Will probably be making the rails on it a hiddenSelection, so that should be no problem at all.

The new hoodies are in. Now coming in 4 variants, long/rolled sleeves and hood up/down.

Bottom left: that’s exactly how I wear my hoodies IRL when it’s not absolutely freezing or when I’m indoors.

Legit low-key freaking out now, heh. Cannot wait to see how this looks textured and in game.

Edited by R0adki11
removed quoted images a per our forum rules.
  • Like 2

Yeah, well, you're an Aussie. Low temperatures there are nominally quite a bit warmer than places where you get actual snow, unless you live in the mountains of course. If you don't, then I'm a bit skeptical of what you would describe as "absolutely freezing" :P

Have you considered making a JTAC/CCT variant of one of your plate-carriers with antennas on the front?

Such as this:

a51b5a597c.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

Yeah, well, you're an Aussie. Low temperatures there are nominally quite a bit warmer than places where you get actual snow, unless you live in the mountains of course. If you don't, then I'm a bit skeptical of what you would describe as "absolutely freezing" :P

Even though I’m an Aussie, it still gets pretty cold here. The problem with me is that I’m stick thin and retain almost zero body heat, so I feel the chill faster. 

And “absolutely freezing” is my office when a particular employee gets their hands on the air conditioning controls and holds onto it with an iron fist. They’re why I wear a hoodie in the middle of summer indoors...

• Like 1

Okay, as a Coloradan (read: 1.6km ASL and mountains), I hereby endorse coworkers screwing with the HVAC as "freezing cold" :rthumb:

Also, to go with what Roadkill said, when you're quoting images, either {spoiler} and {/spoiler} them (with normal [ ] brackets of course) if they're material to your comment, or if not then or delete them.

• Haha 1

On 24/04/2018 at 6:29 PM, Siege-A said:

[pic]

Hey what's the vert count on those? they're looking a little high.