That would explain the superb recreation/re-imagining of Cohen from GR1 in your Deviantart :)

I always liked Cohen since you could get her from M1 and she had the hilariously overpowered OICW

These all look amazing. I can not wait to see everything you all make!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

That would explain the superb recreation/re-imagining of Cohen from GR1 in your Deviantart :)

I always liked Cohen since you could get her from M1 and she had the hilariously overpowered OICW

I'm actually redoing that project ;) 

Anyway, how do you guys want me doing the references? I've got some pouches on and pouches off, inside, outside, commentary on notable areas etc, anything else you need?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, zeealex said:

Anyway, how do you guys want me doing the references? I've got some pouches on and pouches off, inside, outside, commentary on notable areas etc, anything else you need?

Sounds like you have it pretty well covered. Yeah I guess just some good solid views of the front/back/side, as well as inside views, should be about all we need. Thanks again.

Alright, time to get a game plan together, and stick by it. The AVS has been delayed for too long now (especially after me saying it was gonna be released soon in the Ranger thread). So we have our priority list set, and will be knocking things out and getting the alpha release prepared. The plan is to finish up the PlateFrame, put my last touches on the AVS, and then begin packing the first small group of items for the alpha. As I've said numerous times now, this won't be a major release, just a taste of things for people to mess around with while we are working away at the rest. Getting the AVS released will also allow me to go back and get an update released for the Rangers pack, which is much overdue. 

Furthermore, figured it's a good time to link our Discord channel for anyone interested in popping in and seeing what we have going on. I'll also update the OP with the link. We also have made a place in the A3Hub on Discord for anyone that visits there. Thanks.

WXV3pp6.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Excited to see this mod. I was wondering what time periods all of the gear in this pack is planned to come from, if that makes sense. Early 2000's - near future or Modern Day - Near Future type gear.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Royal116 said:

I was wondering what time periods all of the gear in this pack is planned to come from, if that makes sense. Early 2000's - near future or Modern Day - Near Future type gear.

Not really any specifics, but I guess we're mostly focusing on modern/near future stuff. But that's not to say some of the classics don't make an appearance either...just depends what we're in the mood for.

• Like 2

Hey guys,

Those pictures look pretty dope! Especially the vests seem very well made, great work!

Following your invitation to post requests, something I've been missing for a long time now is a deployable stretcher that can be carried as backpack or in the launcher slot. Once deployed, a casualty can be loaded on it and then a helicopter can slingload it, e.g. from a small roof or a dense forest. A couple of pictures I've found to show you roughly what I mean:

Spoiler

HTB1bvO6MpXXXXcaXVXXq6xXFXXXY.jpg

Spoiler

HTB1DoYjMpXXXXbsXpXXq6xXFXXXP.jpg

Spoiler

Collapsible_stretcher2.jpg

Thanks for considering, and keep up the work. The community is excited to see what you can do!

• Like 1

I can't take these updates man, it's too much hype.

• Like 1

Keep calm and arma on :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, runy888 said:

Hey guys,

Those pictures look pretty dope! Especially the vests seem very well made, great work!

Following your invitation to post requests, something I've been missing for a long time now is a deployable stretcher that can be carried as backpack or in the launcher slot. Once deployed, a casualty can be loaded on it and then a helicopter can slingload it, e.g. from a small roof or a dense forest. A couple of pictures I've found to show you roughly what I mean:
Thanks for considering, and keep up the work. The community is excited to see what you can do!

I doubt this would be possible, it would need custom animations, and lots of scripting to work.
The stretcher model inside its carrier would be no issues, but to then have it turn into another animated object would be very different.

It's NOT really practical to carry stretchers, most are kept in the vehicles, as they're still cumbersome, and can snag on too much shit, we have such portable stretchers for our teams, they still weigh 6-8 kg's and not as "portable" as they're made out to be, I'd hate to carry one on my back all day!!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, road runner said:

I doubt this would be possible, it would need custom animations, and lots of scripting to work.
The stretcher model inside its carrier would be no issues, but to then have it turn into another animated object would be very different.

It's NOT really practical to carry stretchers, most are kept in the vehicles, as they're still cumbersome, and can snag on too much shit, we have such portable stretchers for our teams, they still weigh 6-8 kg's and not as "portable" as they're made out to be, I'd hate to carry one on my back all day!!

What kind of animation are you referring to? From my limited understanding, this would be no different from making a static deployable weapon. You carry those on your back, then you hit an action in the scroll wheel menu and you assemble them. They are "vehicles" where one person can get into as passenger (the "lying down" animation already exists) and they do not follow the purpose of carrying a casualty on the ground, but as a means to air evacuate wounded if the possibility for a helicopter to land is not given.

I am a paramedic myself and I know that these light foldable stretchers are quite heavy but I think for the sake of adding interesting new opportunities into the game we can neglect the fact that in real life it would be tedious and annoying to carry one of them around. I am not entirely sure why you would object to the UnderSiege team making such an object at all but it's up to them to decide anyway.

18 minutes ago, runy888 said:

What kind of animation are you referring to? From my limited understanding, this would be no different from making a static deployable weapon. You carry those on your back, then you hit an action in the scroll wheel menu and you assemble them. They are "vehicles" where one person can get into as passenger (the "lying down" animation already exists) and they do not follow the purpose of carrying a casualty on the ground, but as a means to air evacuate wounded if the possibility for a helicopter to land is not given.

I am a paramedic myself and I know that these light foldable stretchers are quite heavy but I think for the sake of adding interesting new opportunities into the game we can neglect the fact that in real life it would be tedious and annoying to carry one of them around. I am not entirely sure why you would object to the UnderSiege team making such an object at all but it's up to them to decide anyway.

A static weapon still needs animations and scripts to work, that's my point, then you need more scripts to then have 2 people carry it to point A, B or C, then more animations to place them down.

I'm not against it, I'm against wasting time getting the scripts to work properly. I'm all for eye candy, which is the aim of this addon.

As I said before, I didn't mean a stretcher that is CARRIED AROUND, you place it, you load the casualty, you slingload it the heck outta there. At the maximum, drag it with ACE. No scripts, no animations, just modelling and config imho.

1 minute ago, runy888 said:

As I said before, I didn't mean a stretcher that is CARRIED AROUND, you place it, you load the casualty, you slingload it the heck outta there. At the maximum, drag it with ACE. No scripts, no animations, just modelling and config imho.

You have to create animations and models in the folded and unfolded positions, you suggest using ACE, which then makes the mod have dependencies, not everyone uses ACE, or plays Multiplayer either, as a former addon maker, you want to keep everything as simple as you can, as otherwise your addon then needs several hundred megs worth of other addons to work.

We have these tactical folding stretchers from Frontier Medical, they're great, but fookin heavy, despite being made from aluminum, we leave ours packed at hand in our vehicles.

• Like 3

I think you're missing the point of this thread mate, it's here to give feedback to the developers about their mod. Ultimately, they will be the ones deciding so you can save yourself the time to keep arguing against content suggestions even though you seem to really enjoy it. So I'll just end this discussion here, have a nice day.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, runy888 said:

I think you're missing the point of this thread mate, it's here to give feedback to the developers about their mod. Ultimately, they will be the ones deciding so you can save yourself the time to keep arguing against content suggestions even though you seem to really enjoy it. So I'll just end this discussion here, have a nice day.

Stop being a bellend, I'm far from missing the point, I'm talking about what's practical and what's not. What's easy and doable, without complicating the structure of the addon.

You're correct about addon team will make their decisions based on what's doable and what's not, regardless having known Seige A personally for a number of years, I'm sure he will do his best to accommodate most requests, including yours. 

• Like 6

Coming from the fire/EMS world and having to deal with scoop stretchers with our confusingly heavy fireproof PPE and SCBAs and "traditional" leather lids, I would personally rather drag the casualty by their armor drag strap everywhere rather than carry a hand stretcher everywhere I go on top of an IBA, rifle, 8-10 mags, radio, several grenades, an IFAK, a MICH (probably with some additional crap strapped to it), a hydration pack, a canteen, several glowsitcks, etc. And this is rifleman gear, we're not even at the CLS or medic pack :P

We think our turnouts are heavy, you guys have it way worse. Adding a 15lb stretcher on top of all the other stuff is something that seems like it would only make sense for unarmed "insignia" medics, and even then why bother when what you really need is more first aid gear. Still, it would add an interesting gameplay option, I'm just not sure how, apart from strapping it to a MOLLE pack, it would be that relevant to a Uniform, LBE, and PPE mod

As an aside, I'd really love to request the SPS (soldier protective system, the new body armor system) and the IHPS (Integrated Head Protection System, the army's new lid) in particular, but seeing as there will be pretty much zero decent reference photos in anything but the "turret gunner" configuration, I'm not sure that'll be happening, and the Ballistic Combat Shirt would have to come with it and the way Arma does protective uniforms is a bit ehh to begin with.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, runy888 said:

Gotta choose your battles wisely, RoadRunner doesn't bend easily, lol. Okay, so here's what can and can't (won't) be done. We don't mind adding a model for a folded stretcher that can be carried on the back, that is totally doable, and possibly even modeling it in its unfolded position for ground placement. But that's as far as we'll go with this mod. Making the stretcher actually deploy and work as it should would be a task for a separate team, we just don't have the time for it. There would be a little more involved than just creating the models, adding it to a config and being done with it. With that said, and it still would be something people would like to have, we can surely look into it...wouldn't imagine it would be that hard to make. As far as functional though, you may need to have a look around the community and see if there would be someone willing to make that happen.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Siege-A said:

Gotta choose your battles wisely, RoadRunner doesn't bend easily, lol. Okay, so here's what can and can't (won't) be done. We don't mind adding a model for a folded stretcher that can be carried on that back, that is totally doable, and possibly even modeling it in its unfolded position for ground placement. But that's as far as we'll go with this mod. Making the stretcher actually deploy and work as it should would be a task for a separate team, we just don't have the time for it. There would be a little more involved than just creating the models, adding it to a config and being done with it. With that said, and it still would be something people would like to have, we can surely look into it...wouldn't imagine it would be that hard to make. As far as functional though, you may need to have a look around the community and see if there would be someone willing to make that happen.

Thanks for the statement mate. As I tried to explain multiple times, beyond being able to place the stretcher on the ground from your backpack, being able to lay down on it and the attachment points for the helicopter slingloading there's really nothing else needed to qualify that piece of equipment for the job it's intended to do.

7 hours ago, runy888 said:

there's really nothing else needed to qualify that piece of equipment for the job it's intended to do.

It's not intended to be sling loaded, as it's not qualified nor built for that role, that's why you have casualties placed in baskets that are winched aboard to be with the medics. 

And here he is again.... I'm trying really hard not to argue with you since your refusal to comprehend even simple messages has proven to be annoyingly persistent and your quick referral to insults is offensive. Can you just try, juuust try to keep your personal crusade aside here for one moment and see the gameplay perspective this offers. If they give us a winchable basket instead of a stretcher that's fine by me but I honestly wouldn't dare to definitely seperate a stretcher from a basket or a carrying sling in this specific instance. The purpose is clear and there are multiple ways to achieve that.

Traverse-Rescue-Stretcher.jpg

• Like 1

FFS guys is there really any point towards arguing this further? Siege already gave you an answer, and all the both of you are doing is precipitating a situation that can only become more negative. 

Please stop and let's self-moderate here

• Like 10

On 03/05/2018 at 12:41 PM, road runner said:

i have one of these never used it for real but trying it out worked pretty well  

http://www.platatac.com/platatac-bf-pack.html 

l7b2pUH.jpg

• Like 3