Here's some teaser/WIP screens for the next item in development, yet another plate carrier (can never have enough), will leave it up to you guys to figure out which. More pics will be added here as progress is made:

Spoiler

NuqFTGR.pngiIjrvl4.png

LWNKZja.png

Tnmqx8f.png

RQoZznt.png

7hAhcWN.png

t3ZRvFK.png

Edited by Siege-A
  • Like 11

10 hours ago, montgomery said:

As a former soldier in the U.S. Army stationed in ALASKA for 3 years I can say that wearing a balaclava under your nose IS NOT something normally done.

With all due respect, you've been proven wrong several times, with pictorial evidence, if it's good enough for German KSK, and Norwegian FSK, along with multiple other Tier 1 Spec Ops Types, to make a claim that it's an Arma thing was absurd... the use of the word "normally" implies that it's done, but under various circumstances. ;) 

Your unit SOP's would play a significant part in how you wore yours, but you made a blanket statement stating it was " a game" thing, when in reality, it's pretty common, and has been for years, and as Hvymtal also correctly implied, having the nose covered fogs up eye wear very quickly. 

Alaska is a beautiful part of the country though, not sure if you felt it was a shit posting or a good one, and as always, your service to your country is appreciated.

• Thanks 1

I'm so glad you have a possessed cyborg modeller that makes a new vest every hour. Can't wait for the first release of this and the 75th Rangers gear!!!

• Like 2

More models = more honorabru I guess :)

Wrapped things up on the new plate carrier model, more awesomeness to behold. This one was a bit of a challenge at times, since we had very limited references to go by, but Sahio managed to pull it off as usual. So for those that couldn't figure out what in the hell he was modelling, here you are:

S&S Precision PlateFrame Gen II

d9WhnXV.pngMWVM8lM.pngWYz1FHS.png

• Like 20

All I can hear is the lyrics from Hovey Benjamin's song "Bruh(What)" playing in my head right now.

• Like 1

Looking over the first page again, I should iterate my pleasure at seeing some of the more grunt-appropriate gear being featured and not just the high-speed-black-ops-green-beret-warbeard-seal-tiggerstripe-pj-multicam-raider-super-special-forces stuff. Proper armor systems like IMTV, IBA, and CAGE and not the JPC "battle bikini" that looks super fly and is super low profile minimum weight maximum dexterity etc. That's all well and good for special operations when you're the one doing the shooting, but said low profile and total reliance on armor plate over kevlar is useless one you start getting shelled. 

I always liked CAGE since it removes just enough weight to be sensible and keeps just enough protection in its own to actually go to "the big one," probably the reason why BIS chose it for the NATO body armor. It also helps that CAGE gen 1 looks frickin sweet while still being very functional (opens like a flak jacket, off-center hydration allowing simultaneous rucksack use, rubberized shoulder strap outers with elevated bits to better hold rucksacks, well-padded inner shoulder straps, easily scalable protection from plate carrier to full suit, clever interior with supposed thermal regulation effect, shoulder protection that doesn't have a bicep strap that rides up on you (which can be fitted to gen II, at least according to militarymorons), etc). Added bonus of being the Ghosts' armor of choice in GRAW which is a big ol' plus in my book :rthumb:

Speaking of full-profile armor, does your resident honorable "free time" robot intend to do some of eagle's supplementary pieces for CIRAS?

Edited by Hvymtal
let's try a spelling pass again shall we :P
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

Looking over the first page again, I should iterate my pleasure at seeing some of the more grunt-appropriate gear being featured and not just the high-speed-black-ops-green-beret-warbeard-seal-tiggerstripe-pj-multicam-raider-super-special-forces stuff.

Speaking of full-profile armor, does your resident honorable "free time" robot intend to do some of eagle's supplementary pieces for CIRAS?

Much appreciated. We always had in mind that we wanted to cover infantry-based gear just as much as the SF/SOF stuff. It's just real easy to get carried away on the latter, because of the diversity and freedom of choice. Either way, we try to bounce back and forth between the two, so we can keep expanding all the categories a bit at a time. As for the CIRAS, there's still plans to create kits for everything that's been done, mainly focused around each brand, since we're currently just using placeholders for now which isn't always accurate to the carrier. That's the catch to creating more and more PC's, still gotta deck them out with the correct gear (to an extent).

Upon special request, we have a couple new shirt models to show. Nothing major, but will add some nice variety to the mix. One being just a plain style t-shirt, the other a Crye G3 short sleeve shirt. Furthermore, Sahio is at work on his next item, and guess what...it's a plate carrier. This time something from Agilite. Will get some pics up soon as things develop.

heDYcJG.png

• Like 20

1 minute ago, Siege-A said:

Much appreciated. We always had in mind that we wanted to cover infantry-based gear just as much as the SF/SOF stuff. It's just real easy to get carried away on the latter, because of the diversity and freedom of choice. Either way, we try to bounce back and forth between the two, so we can keep expanding all the categories a bit at a time. As for the CIRAS, there's still plans to create kits for everything that's been done, mainly focused around each brand, since we're currently just using placeholders for now which isn't always accurate to the carrier. That's the catch to creating more and more PC's, still gotta deck them out with the correct gear (to an extent).

Upon special request, we have a couple new shirt models to show. Nothing major, but will add some nice variety to the mix. One being just a plain style t-shirt, the other a Crye G3 short sleeve shirt. Furthermore, Sahio is at work on his next item, and guess what...it's a plate carrier. This time something from Agilite. Will get some pics up soon as things develop.

One being just a plain style t-shirt, the other a Crye G3 short sleeve shirt.

One being just a plain style t-shirt

a plain style t-shirt

plain style t-shirt

plain style t-shirt

plain style t-shirt

plain style t-shirt

Long have we awaited this moment, no more shall our PMC units be using the default rolled sleeves or slim-fit shirts.

No more shall we wear the shoddy torn shirt with the armband or civilians jeans/cargoes.

Rejoice, for we now can wear comfy, normal T-shirts with our sick tactical pants without looking like FIA every 10 ops.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

What do you mean by "Crye G3 short sleeve"? Do you mean Crye G3 Combat Shirts with cut sleeves? Because that's something I wanted to see in A3 for quite some time. 

3 hours ago, Eagle1992 said:

What do you mean by "Crye G3 short sleeve"? Do you mean Crye G3 Combat Shirts with cut sleeves? Because that's something I wanted to see in A3 for quite some time. 

Sorry, I probably shouldn't have labeled it as Crye G3 short sleeve, as its not necessarily a Crye product (as far as I know). But essentially that's what it is, a short sleeve version of the G3 combat shirt. In the end, we may have it look like both a short sleeve as well as a cut sleeve, just to add variation. And if I remember right, I do believe Road Runner has a pack out already that has the cut sleeve version of the G3's, so you could always have a look there if you haven't before.

nYteF6u.png

• Like 5

Do you plan to release PSD or XCF for items when you’ve started releasing so people can do their own retextures? 

• Like 1

If anyone was wondering if joining the Patreon was worth it I can assure you that it is. I put in the request for the both the shirts and Sahio completed them both the next day. Plus for only $1 you get access to see all the WIP pics that are posted everyday and the addon creators could use all our support to keep them motivated to make this game better and better every update.

zmgl7i8.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

the pictured there are G2-style tops, but a short-sleeved g3 copy isnt inconceivable 

• Like 3

Also, Sahio gave me a free item request but I personally don't have one and I talked to @Siege-A and he said it was cool if I gave it to the community. So if any of you would like to get a priority request for free just reply with the item and if I like it then I'll tell Sahio :)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BLACKOUT6IX said:

Also, Sahio gave me a free item request but I personally don't have one and I talked to @Siege-A and he said it was cool if I gave it to the community. So if any of you would like to get a priority request for free just reply with the item and if I like it then I'll tell Sahio :)

What about some AN/PVS 21LPNVGs?

• Like 2

Big thing, MICH 2002 or Ops Core Sentry

Small thing, airframe ears + "lore friendly" textures.

I especially like the look of the airframe with them, which if you read my mini-rant above on grunt-friendly gear should be evident :) "Lore friendly" textures (IE similar to BIS') could make it a nice alternative to the standard MICH-derived "Combat Helmet" especially with the ears, but that's more Ed/Siege etc's area. Not really a huge fan of the chops, looks like a bit "too much" IMO, and if you're going to a place that was conquered by the Greeks then maybe not he best idea to look like one lol XD

Actually, a full on vanilla-like spinoff would be a cool idea, but this really should be secondary to the mian pack, ranger, and A3USArmF, if siege's sig is to be believed

As for the short-sleeve G3s, it simply requires a pair of fabric scissors and some patience. Or you could just buy Tru-Spec and save yourself $120. Sorry Crye, your stuff is good, but it is really fucking overpriced :P

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Hvymtal said:

Ops Core Sentry

I like that suggestion, I'll keep it in mind

23 hours ago, CPT J. Shaw said:

Do you plan to release PSD or XCF for items when you’ve started releasing so people can do their own retextures? 

More than likely, will probably wait to do that though until after beta releases of everything, to ensure that all the textures/UVs are finalized.

Well that didn't take long, new PC model is ready, outstanding work here...his skills still never cease to amaze me.

Agilite K5 Plate Carrier

j44GfJS.png

siIk6qz.png

• Like 13

I'm calling the FBI because Sahio definitely has a illegal sweatshop of 3d modelers in his basement

The_Real_Story_Behind_Black_Guy_On_The_P

• Like 5
  • Haha 9

One thinks he is posessed

One thinks he is a robot

One thinks he has a sweatshop

Will the one true Saiho please stand up?

• Like 1

whatever he it is, its not human. but you wont hear me complaining. it couldnt possibly be a human rights violation.

• Like 4