I've run into an issue since the update for the Tanks DLC where my game downloads, then tries to validate and install the update but whenever it gets to the end of the install I get hit with an error such as "An error occurred while updating Arma 3 (corrupt content files) :

F:\Program Files\steamapps\steamapps\common\Arma 3\Expansion\Addons\vegetation_f_exp.pbo". The exact error changes every time but it always seems to be in \Addons. I have tried several things such as restarting steam, restarting my pc, clearing download cache, verifying the integrity of my files, changing the download region to SEVERAL different regions, changed network/internet, and restarted network/internet. The only thing I can possibly think of at this point is to entirely re-install Arma 3 including all DLC and I believe mods as well. If this includes mods I'll be looking at a several hundred gigs I'll need to redownload which I am obviously not too excited about especially with my current download speeds. So that's the reason I'm here I'm hoping I can find some other solution other than completely re-installing everything and help if that doesn't fix my issue either.

Complete rundown of what happens: My game downloads the 15.2GB update, goes through a validating period and then goes to installing which lasts up until about two-thirds of the loading bar is filled it then gradually increases the time up until "more than a year" (I originally thought this was pretty funny), and then if I have the "Launch game as soon as it's ready" checked it will spit me out an error like the one given above or just goes back to the validating stage if I don't have it checked.

Error: 

An error occurred while updating Arma 3 (corrupt content files) :

F:\Program Files\steamapps\steamapps\common\Arma 3\Expansion\Addons\vegetation_f_exp.pbo                                                                                                                                       

Many of the attempted fixes were found here https://help.steampowered.com/en/wizard/HelpWithAppError/?appid=107410&error=13 I haven't tried everything but I have tried about all of the ones that are reasonable.

Y4nD7Ud.png

you could use steamcmd to download a second version of the game and then overwrite your original game data

Just started steam for the first time today and it just fixed itself. Thanks anyway guys! :)