Maltol

[Solved] Public Zues Debug Console

For a couple of months now a minority of voted admins have been abusing the console with menus, banning players from the server until it restarts. I understand that this is an important issue and removing the console completely in the new update solved it. But I think the developers should consider the different possibilities the console brings to the game as well. For example, the removal of the console stops voted admins from quickly loading in detailed mission files they created in the Eden editor which personally gave me the best experiences I had on these servers. A solution to this problem would be to either block certain code commands or allow the admin to pick from selected code commands, one giving you the option to load an SQF. This should stop the rampant abuse and continue the growth of these tools which contributes the overall experience on the servers. Are the solutions probable or will the console remain locked permanently? 

One of the menus: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=130274112

Answer

I've asked one of the developers, Dwarden, and this was his reply :

"I'm thinking about setting up some Zeus servers with the debug available to admins

with auto restart each mission end to avoid any 'leftover' problems
but will need to investigate if and how exactly accomplish that including clear identification"

Edited by Malt
Solution

I compleatly dissagree with the argument that the temp bans were a problem. A game is only good if it is structured and some times you have to get someone off. You kick them, they come right back in and put explosives around a base. Yes it is possible to be abused, so what? A better way to fix this problem would be a silent vote kick that doesn't read back to the administrator. As far as I'm concerned public Zeus is now dead. Bohemia has removed all the tools that allow the good zeus's/admins to get a good game going.

On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎14 at 3:20 AM, dragonspride1995 said:

I compleatly dissagree with the argument that the temp bans were a problem.

I've been playing on these servers for a while now and it becomes very frustrating having to kick annoying players off repeatedly instead of easily temporarily banning them. But from Bohemias perspective, it doesn't look good when voted admins are using commands to ban people from their servers when it wasn't even an option in the first place. I'm just trying to see it from the developers standpoint and figure out why they would remove such a useful tool from the gamemode.

As far as I'm concerned public Zeus is now dead.

The gamemode will simply not be as fun as it used to be without the console. Unless the developers find a way to reimplement a more controlled console or upgrade the tools for the gamemasters I'd have to agree. 

>voted admins< That is exactly the point. Yes I realise that you can vote your self and wait for people to join in, Yes I realise that you can use a script injector to force vote. If a person is democratically elected as per the way it works. I'm all for giving the elected admin the ability to ban people till the next server restart. The only change needed is to enable a function for the player base to silently rebel against a bad admin.

Yes. I never thought the temporary bans were a bad thing myself but the bans must've unfortunately been the reason they removed the console in the first place. Repealing badmins with a silent vote would do the trick until the admin uses a command, which is available in the popular menu linked above, to see the players side channel allowing them to temporarily ban anybody who votes them out. 

It would be nice to see an update from Bohemia explaining just why the console was removed.

why dont they just take the most used features of the known scripts and implement them on public zues. i mean full arsenal. inventory of cars to edit . save and load missions or at least presets. i think other people know more functions