59 minutes ago, Jimi Markkanen said:

I've been playing for the past few hours and it actually this time has worked with withdraw set to 0. The helicopter it didn't work with before was UH-1 slick and Chinook of the USMC faction, UNSUNG, with Unsung USMC squads onboard.

Awesome, in that case I'll look into the problem I originally thought was the issue. 

41 minutes ago, Jimi Markkanen said:

Another question: planes. Does the mod have anything to do with them, should they be synced or..?

Planes can be included and will be used for CAS/CAP. You can also use them for ammo drops. I like using C130s for ammo drops as it looks pretty cool.

In any case I recommend checking out the way I used the Air reinforcements in the main altis demo. Note that it will be easier to set up classes in the next update thanks to the pool compiler module coming up.

So good news, I made a fix and it will be added to the next version of HAL, NR6 Pack and NR6 Pack addon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NinjaRider600 said:

So good news, I made a fix and it will be added to the next version of HAL, NR6 Pack and NR6 Pack addon.

Excellent job mate! Looking forward for the update. With pool complier and as this got fixed, it’s got all a man can ask for. (Although reinforcement module was already easy to setup, artillery isn’t)  Played with the mod for 6 hours and it’s a very powerful tool to create scenarios with and the Ai seems really wise. Especially loving your reinforcement module, it enables longer battles without performance loss. (Meaning you’d have to place a looot of troops without respawn system.)

The reinforcement module is used to respawn destroyed aircrafts right? So to get the CAS etc going just simply place any plane, modded or not, and sync to Include squads?

The ammo drop does sound cool, but that’s probs vanilla ammo and hard to configure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimi Markkanen said:

Excellent job mate! Looking forward for the update. With pool complier and as this got fixed, it’s got all a man can ask for. (Although reinforcement module was already easy to setup, artillery isn’t)  Played with the mod for 6 hours and it’s a very powerful tool to create scenarios with and the Ai seems really wise. Especially loving your reinforcement module, it enables longer battles without performance loss. (Meaning you’d have to place a looot of troops without respawn system.)

The reinforcement module is used to respawn destroyed aircrafts right? So to get the CAS etc going just simply place any plane, modded or not, and sync to Include squads?

The ammo drop does sound cool, but that’s probs vanilla ammo and hard to configure.

That was my exact intention when making the reinforcements script.

As for air reinforcements, they work as their own thing. I'd recommend checking out the demo once again to see how it is set up. It basically spawns flights based on a small pool that's configured inside the module and will always ensure that the amount of aircraft active at once match the threshold configured in the module (as long as the reserve pool is not empty, its a number to set in the module). Although you could use the regular reinforcements to spawn air assets, I really don't recommend it.

Also check the demo out for ammo drops. It is setup and you can decide what boxes are used so it works with any mod (you can even have UNSC Pelicans drop ammo pods if you want).

Mods and demo will be updated tomorrow with the fix as well as new features. This will be the release of HAL 1.22.10 RC1 and NR6 PACK 3.01 BETA 1.

doesn't work for me, latest version, i did two steps,placing a guy named LeaderHQ,and add elements to RydHQ_SimpleObjs,I've tried  trigger and game logic and object。always show the error:_dst = round(|#|)_x distance _point);  I'd appreciate it if you tell me what's wrong

8 hours ago, 410541059 said:

doesn't work for me, latest version, i did two steps,placing a guy named LeaderHQ,and add elements to RydHQ_SimpleObjs,I've tried  trigger and game logic and object。always show the error:_dst = round(|#|)_x distance _point);  I'd appreciate it if you tell me what's wrong

I'd recommend sending me the mission. From what I gather from the error though, do you have a RHS m109 in the mission? There is a bug caused by the arty piece fixed in the next version I will post soon (possible to be other arty classes too).

HAL 1.22.10 RC3 updated!

Sorry for the delay. I have been focusing on getting the workshop version of the NR6 Pack constantly updated to advance the beta development.

Gonna update the changelog in a bit, I'm off to bed for now lol. In the meantime, check the workshop change notes for info on what's new with HAL.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, NinjaRider600 said:

I'd recommend sending me the mission. From what I gather from the error though, do you have a RHS m109 in the mission? There is a bug caused by the arty piece fixed in the next version I will post soon (possible to be other arty classes too).

nope,I only enabled CBA for this,mission https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hf1eL-v1tlZh3d-IIG-d6VtppuPitdXP

HAL 1.22.11 coming soon with tweaks to the RHQauto function so that modded artillery no longer requires manual configuration. For the most accurate results it is still recommended to manually configure but not mandatory as most modded rounds are picked up.

• Like 2

On 10/16/2019 at 2:00 AM, 410541059 said:

nope,I only enabled CBA for this,mission https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hf1eL-v1tlZh3d-IIG-d6VtppuPitdXP

Basic setup was off. Squads need to be included to HAL control some way. The easy way is to set RydHQ_SubAll = true in the init.sqf. This will make all the squads of the same side as the LeaderHQ included. Additionally, objectives are usually gamelogics or triggers and the preinit.sqf is more of a workaround I use to set things up for the pushback command and may throw error if you add object names directly there. Ill send you a quick demo soon but otherwise i recommend checking out the multiple demos i made for the NR6 Pack script version. Also for a simpler to use version of this, i recommend checking out the NR6 Pack mod on the workshop. It is a version of HAL that can be set up with comprehensive modules instead of code.

HAL 1.22.11 RC1 will be posted in the next day or so. I am currently working on an artillery support request that will work based on the HAL arty handler for player squad leaders. I plan on releasing the latter in RC2 as part of the big 1.22.11 artillery update.

• Like 3

On 4/13/2018 at 3:05 AM, Rydygier said:

🙂 Each time it's great to see own work inspiring others, being picked up, changed, modified, improved. It feels, as if I had grandchildren and became a proud grandpa. :unclesam:

All the best in this noble endeavour. 

Yes, thanks for all the good times you've given us in Arma2 and 3 and creating the engine that will give us even more good times to come. Looking forward to even more amazing military operations in NR6. 

• Like 1

Work on HAL 1.24 is nearing completion. Various new features are being added including Naval orders and a merge of my progress on HAL with the features of 1.23wip from the original HAL.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Looking forward to the synchronised attack from 1.23!

I'm using HETMAN in place of triggers and scripts to lazily generate missions on the fly: Just plop down two battalions and let HETMAN do the work. Its my favorite way to play ARMA now... But in my latest mission, HETMAN keeps screwing with my start commands. I want Blufor to be dropped in via parachute, but before the plane can hit the jump trigger, HETMAN start ordering the planes to do god knows what and they never reach the drop zone. Is there a way to delay HETMAN from taking command?

13 hours ago, p-hienz said:

I'm using HETMAN in place of triggers and scripts to lazily generate missions on the fly: Just plop down two battalions and let HETMAN do the work. Its my favorite way to play ARMA now... But in my latest mission, HETMAN keeps screwing with my start commands. I want Blufor to be dropped in via parachute, but before the plane can hit the jump trigger, HETMAN start ordering the planes to do god knows what and they never reach the drop zone. Is there a way to delay HETMAN from taking command?

You have to wait to implement the units in HAL to after they have left the plane. It was the solution for me. In the old HAL manual, there some variables you can use for this.

If we can't have a PDF manual on this could we at least have someone do an extensive video tutorial on how to  use these tools? Hetman has consistently given me the most incredible experiences with Arma 3. I'm just dying to use all these new tools for it but even with the samples I've downloaded it's an incomprehensible system.  Please someone record yourselves setting up a battle with it and post it to you tube.

Hetman + Red Hammer Studios is out of this world with the tension and surprises it delivers. 

iEvwvUT.jpg

• Like 1

I did a quick (quick as in came up with the stuff on the fly, not time-wise) video tutorial for people having problems getting started.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Is there a way to have a full reset of HAL during a mission. Sometimes stuff breaks and the scripts cannot complete with results in battle stopping as units do not recieve new orders. It can be caused by missing units, waypoints and such. A bit annoying, but if there was a way to reset HAL and have it reasses situation it might fix issues like that.

EDIT: it seems that what breaks the most often is the support stuff. It usually happens when the support targets die or something.
RPT gets spammed with this:
https://pastebin.com/q1cbf753

any idea on this? utIuD3I.png.
The init file https://pastebin.com/4FmKQAz4

Edit: I am getting like 3 different script errors. The one I posted, then there is assigneddriver error saying it cant find "requested" and then there is one distance to leader error. 
BTrBCoS.png

Hey,

I love this mod and I have pretty much figured out how to use it to my mission needs.

The only thing I have not figured out is how do you define the skills for spawned units? Even though the units I have synced to the asset compliers are fully skilled, after spawn their skills are really low and they wont shoot accurately. It seems silly that I have to use my own script to redefine the skills for spawned units. Any ideas?

Thanks again, great mod!

How do you end the mission? I made a simple mission in the editor but the trigger OPFOR NOT PRESENT doesn't seems to fire. If I remove all HAL element, the trigger fires just fine. Does anyone have any idea?