Started making plans for 1.22.10.

So far new features will include proper task completion detectors for more realistic missions (mostly for players since they dont have a time limit for missions like ai squads do) and tweaks of the rhq auto to try to make modded artillery automatically configured. My current priority is to get the NR6 Pack mod working without major issues and getting the proper documentation/tutorials for it.

• Like 2

Thanks for your answers. I've made a lot of missions, but usually just by ALiVE, I've got no clue where to find the classnames for the ammo artillery uses etc. Probably somewhere in the configs, maybe I'll get to that later. If that process could be narrowed down to basically just syncing stuff together, that would make it a lot better and more comfortable. Same goes for the reinforcements. If it's even possible.

But apparently that's already on your to-do list so yey 😄 Just been having a blast with this, just not getting the full capability out of it at the moment due to my lack of knowledge on that stuff discussed earlier. Really appreciate it, cheers mate. 

6 hours ago, Jimi Markkanen said:

Thanks for your answers. I've made a lot of missions, but usually just by ALiVE, I've got no clue where to find the classnames for the ammo artillery uses etc. Probably somewhere in the configs, maybe I'll get to that later. If that process could be narrowed down to basically just syncing stuff together, that would make it a lot better and more comfortable. Same goes for the reinforcements. If it's even possible.

But apparently that's already on your to-do list so yey 😄 Just been having a blast with this, just not getting the full capability out of it at the moment due to my lack of knowledge on that stuff discussed earlier. Really appreciate it, cheers mate. 

My pleasure to help. I just posted on the workshop page a demo mission to use as an example in the editor for how to set most things up. Hope it helps.

As for the reinforcements thing i got an idea of something that might simplify greatly making arrays for pools.

Essentially im thinking of making a "pool maker" module that just needs to be synchronized to squads/units and the latter get deleted but their classes are stored and used to spawn troops. That way no coding at all would be required and it would work for all the sites, reinforcements,  spawns and air reinforcements.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NinjaRider600 said:

My pleasure to help. I just posted on the workshop page a demo mission to use as an example in the editor for how to set most things up. Hope it helps.

As for the reinforcements thing i got an idea of something that might simplify greatly making arrays for pools.

Essentially im thinking of making a "pool maker" module that just needs to be synchronized to squads/units and the latter get deleted but their classes are stored and used to spawn troops. That way no coding at all would be required and it would work for all the sites, reinforcements,  spawns and air reinforcements.

That sounds just perfect. Thanks for letting me know about the demo mission, I'll look into that!

Okay got the reinforcements working and I seem to understand how the cargo system SHOULD work, but apparently it might be broken.

I had a vanilla NATO Chinook with crew inside synced to the "Include squads" module and to the "Transport only" module. I had few squads next to it and a commander giving CAP missions to 10km away. Commander support module was set accordingly. It gives a script error about RydHQ_CargoFind, (which I manually tried to set as = 1 in an init field but didn't work) and the squads stay still. Also played around with the Air Reinforcement module, but that might be about something different. 

The idea was basically to have a Vietnam type troop insertion with choppers from the base. 

18 hours ago, Jimi Markkanen said:

Okay got the reinforcements working and I seem to understand how the cargo system SHOULD work, but apparently it might be broken.

I had a vanilla NATO Chinook with crew inside synced to the "Include squads" module and to the "Transport only" module. I had few squads next to it and a commander giving CAP missions to 10km away. Commander support module was set accordingly. It gives a script error about RydHQ_CargoFind, (which I manually tried to set as = 1 in an init field but didn't work) and the squads stay still. Also played around with the Air Reinforcement module, but that might be about something different. 

The idea was basically to have a Vietnam type troop insertion with choppers from the base. 

Cargo system should work. It works in the demo mission and has been working for the past dozens of HAL versions. Try syncing the Include Squads module to the vehicle directly and not to the crew inside. I believe there is an editor bug which prevents crews from being properly synchronized. Additionally, use the Commander Behavior Settings module to turn cargo on. I'll post here a quick demo about it.

22 minutes ago, NinjaRider600 said:

Here is the quick cargo demo: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nA_in5ekpkDvAz4kZHw37mX-dEaGt3Ah

Also made the player a cargo option to demonstrate how players get transport orders.

Make sure you have at least the Beta 5 as the cargo option was missing prior to that.

Beta 5 as the cargo option?

But anyways, I figured it out quite fast from your sample mission. You had the Commander Behaviour module placed down which determines the cargo find range, so as I had none it didn't work. I presumed that in the absence of a module they'll just have the default values, but that wasn't the case. Works like a charm now! Thanks for you help again 🙂

Just now, Jimi Markkanen said:

Beta 5 as the cargo option?

But anyways, I figured it out quite fast from your sample mission. You had the Commander Behaviour module placed down which determines the cargo find range, so as I had none it didn't work. I presumed that in the absence of a module they'll just have the default values, but that wasn't the case. Works like a charm now! Thanks for you help again 🙂

Yeah before beta 5 I had forgotten to add the option in the module.

Also, by default HAL keeps it at 0 and that's something I never changed to somewhat be consistent with the old HAL documentation even though I always set it up. I might default it to 1 for the next version.

Should helicopters/infantry from any mod work with the cargo system? It seemed to work with the vanilla NATO forces but with Unsung I get the commander giving recon orders even though chance of that should be 0% (skip recon and fast capture 100), I think with recon orders they would not use air assets at least so was stated in the HETMAN manual. Seems very inconsistent how the transport functions. Sometimes it works almost fine though, I'll meddle with it more but I just wanted to get a confirmation if it's even supposed to work with mods.

1 minute ago, Jimi Markkanen said:

Should helicopters/infantry from any mod work with the cargo system? It seemed to work with the vanilla NATO forces but with Unsung I get the commander giving recon orders even though chance of that should be 0% (skip recon and fast capture 100), I think with recon orders they would not use air assets at least so was stated in the HETMAN manual. Seems very inconsistent how the transport functions. Sometimes it works almost fine though, I'll meddle with it more but I just wanted to get a confirmation if it's even supposed to work with mods.

It is supposed to work with mods but to have an accurate role for modded content it needs to be manually configured. There is an automatic configuration done as well though but it is not always 100% spot on. As for Recon still happening, the chance in percentage is affected by personality so in order to guarantee skipping recon, set it to something very high (like 1000%). Doing so can sometimes cause the leader to skip an order cycle at the beginning (squads will get a set of idle orders) but the capture orders will pick up afterwards so just ignore that little hiccup. 

As for recon they do use air assets now (more so with modded assets) but you can always disable that with the No Recon module.

Okay, very very very useful information, thanks once again!

Atm I got a very simple set up, and the Chinook does pick up one of the two squads for a Recon objective 10km away BUT they fly 1km and then RTB, whilst the group is still assigned to the recon mission..

5 minutes ago, Jimi Markkanen said:

Okay, very very very useful information, thanks once again!

Atm I got a very simple set up, and the Chinook does pick up one of the two squads for a Recon objective 10km away BUT they fly 1km and then RTB, whilst the group is still assigned to the recon mission..

I'll investigate that then, must be a bug with recon only since I rarely use it.

9 minutes ago, NinjaRider600 said:

I'll investigate that then, must be a bug with recon only since I rarely use it.

Just had the same thing happen to me with a CAP mission.. Must be something on my end, they did go all the way initially with the vanilla NATO forces and NATO helicopter, but it does pick 'em up normally with the UNSUNG one, so I can't put my head around why would they return after flying towards the objective.. O_o 

1 minute ago, Jimi Markkanen said:

Just had the same thing happen to me with a CAP mission.. Must be something on my end, they did go all the way initially with the vanilla NATO forces and NATO helicopter, but it does pick 'em up normally with the UNSUNG one, so I can't put my head around why would they return after flying towards the objective.. O_o 

Does it order them to withdraw? Because I used to have that issue with Rhs UH1s but not UH60s.

6 minutes ago, NinjaRider600 said:

Does it order them to withdraw? Because I used to have that issue with Rhs UH1s but not UH60s.

Did not notice anything like that from the commander debug (Should've I noticed?), but just turned the withdraw coefficiency to 0, and they seemed to be flying normally, but just like 1-3km away from the objective turned away, other squad turned away as before. I tried with different helicopter models aswell. 

Just now, Jimi Markkanen said:

Did not notice anything like that from the commander debug (Should've I noticed?), but just turned the withdraw coefficiency to 0, and they seemed to be flying normally, but just like 1-3km away from the objective turned away, other squad turned away as before. I tried with different helicopter models aswell. 

Thanks for the info, I'll look into it. Does it happen only with modded choppers?

12 minutes ago, NinjaRider600 said:

Thanks for the info, I'll look into it. Does it happen only with modded choppers?

I had cycle rotation set to 60 instead of default 150. I reckon when you get that information about morale etc to bottom-left, that's when a cycle comes? Well at that very moment three choppers on air did a 180 and RTB. Gonna' run more tests with the default settings, I tried something and therefore left it at 60, but should it be an issue anyways for the transports? I feel like this would've happened anyways as the choppers tend to take off even though they're next to the squads, land, get the squads in and fly the 10kms. E: As in, the 150s is not enough time for that is it.

Well at very first time I did have success with vanilla assets. 

2 minutes ago, Jimi Markkanen said:

I had cycle rotation set to 60 instead of default 150. I reckon when you get that information about morale etc to bottom-left, that's when a cycle comes? Well at that very moment three choppers on air did a 180 and RTB. Gonna' run more tests with the default settings, I tried something and therefore left it at 60, but should it be an issue anyways for the transports? I feel like this would've happened anyways as the choppers tend to take off even though they're next to the squads, land, get the squads in and fly the 10kms.

Well at very first time I did have success with vanilla assets. 

Perfect that's all I needed. Means that for some classes, the commander tells the transports to withdraw on each cycle. It is a separate system independent from the cargo that is at cause here so I will have to look into it.

10 minutes ago, NinjaRider600 said:

Perfect that's all I needed. Means that for some classes, the commander tells the transports to withdraw on each cycle. It is a separate system independent from the cargo that is at cause here so I will have to look into it.

Good thing that the problem was located! I just did a test with vanilla and 60 as cycle, and it worked fine. 

Is there any work around to this for the time being?

You could try setting the withdrawal coefficient to 0. That should disable retreat orders until I figure a fix out.

Edit: you can find that setting in the Commander Behaviour module

Also do you have an exact repro mission I could get? With the type of helicopter that causes the issue preferably. I just realized I had already addressed the issue in a patch fix so this means something else is at cause here.

Nvm i just realized you tried the withdraw thing already... time to bug hunt again then. Ill look into it.

I've been playing for the past few hours and it actually this time has worked with withdraw set to 0. The helicopter it didn't work with before was UH-1 slick and Chinook of the USMC faction, UNSUNG, with Unsung USMC squads onboard.