6 hours ago, sixt said:

Do anyone experience short periods of lag using this script. Like a couple of seconds every two or three minutes. It starts when the opposing forces engange in combat. I have tried diffferent constellations of mods, other ai command scripts, but its only when im using HAL it appears if have an ryzen 5 3600 cpu, geforce 2060 6 gb graphics and alot of RAM so it should not be the hardware thats the reason. I have run older versions nr6 hal and even before nr6 without this problem.

That's odd. If anything current NR6 HAL should be less laggy than previous NR6 versions. Do you know which version precisely started giving you this lag? Try turning cargo off that's all I could think of that could cause lag.

Finishing up RC6 soon, will release it today. Sorry was pretty busy at work so didn't have time to pack it and post it.

• Like 1

having a problem here. hal fires up but refuses to send any units to any objectives. I added the new array for simple mode with my obj names. named commander Leaderhq, activated ace tasks, but no go on tasking at all. am i missing a game logic or something?

5 hours ago, oneisdown said:

having a problem here. hal fires up but refuses to send any units to any objectives. I added the new array for simple mode with my obj names. named commander Leaderhq, activated ace tasks, but no go on tasking at all. am i missing a game logic or something?

Is that introduced in RC6? Aside that all I can think of is that it is something with the arrays needing to be defined server side.

yes, its rc6 and on singleplayer. hal will radio call offensive position, but wont even send recon units to any objectives. I have the debug on and the radio message will just check moral.

10 hours ago, oneisdown said:

yes, its rc6 and on singleplayer. hal will radio call offensive position, but wont even send recon units to any objectives. I have the debug on and the radio message will just check moral.

I will check it out today.

On 9/22/2019 at 12:39 AM, oneisdown said:

Could you send a repro? I'm unable to cause the bug in my testing.

2 hours ago, damsous said:

hey this version is compatible with Drongo RDC ?

I'm really not familiar with that mod but if it was compatible with the original HAL it should be compatible with this as well. Although the simple mode is the default in this version you can always disable it and revert to the legacy 4 objectives system which was the core of the original HAL.

• Thanks 1

Gave a test right now, had a struggle with the setup at first, the modules have a lot of options ands things to sync with no manual, but with patience it worked (also was after the spawn/respawn hotfix). I liked,  it's 'easy to create dynamic scenarios powered by HAL, i made a quick scenario with the Unsung mod and it was chill playing as a cog in the war, the reinforcements and support kept coming, seems like a big session, even in SP.

8 hours ago, RommelBr said:

Gave a test right now, had a struggle with the setup at first, the modules have a lot of options ands things to sync with no manual, but with patience it worked (also was after the spawn/respawn hotfix). I liked,  it's 'easy to create dynamic scenarios powered by HAL, i made a quick scenario with the Unsung mod and it was chill playing as a cog in the war, the reinforcements and support kept coming, seems like a big session, even in SP.

Glad you liked it! That was the goal. I wanted to make HAL an easier system to set up. However, I am aware of the learning curve it takes to use it and I'm currently working on getting samples ready for showcasing how most of the modules can be used.

What a potential it's got! (If I knew how to use it properly). Great work mate! Tested it a few times and it's just awesome, and easy with the modules. Just a few questions which I'm sure to be addressed in the future tutorial videos etc you mentioned... Sorry for the inconvenience, I just want to take full advantage of this beautiful tool.

How does High Commander work compared to a normal leader?

Can you assign units (an officer f.e) as a leader, or are they abstract?

If you want one side to start an objective as their own (captured) and one side to attack it, do you need to place two objectives at the same place with other having the "taken" option ON and other OFF? If it's on ON and you sync both leaders to it, they both consider it taken (a defensive objective), right?

Are you supposed to sync Squad modules (like "Only attack orders") to the Include Squads -module or to a squad member?

Is there a way to debug the leaders, to kinda' see what's going on? 

Very much like ALiVE, leaders are only aware of the objectives that have been synced to them, right?

If the HC thing works in a way that there's one HC (company/regiment commander) and the leaders are supposed to be like f.e platoon leaders, that's just a wet dream come true honestly.

hI, NinjaRider! very impressed with your progress in work on HAL and other modules!

have a question about caching script. is it possible to make it not player-centric, but camera-centric? to allow spectate even far-from-player units correctly.

54 minutes ago, Jimi Markkanen said:

What a potential it's got! (If I knew how to use it properly). Great work mate! Tested it a few times and it's just awesome, and easy with the modules. Just a few questions which I'm sure to be addressed in the future tutorial videos etc you mentioned... Sorry for the inconvenience, I just want to take full advantage of this beautiful tool.

If you want one side to start an objective as their own (captured) and one side to attack it, do you need to place two objectives at the same place with other having the "taken" option ON and other OFF? If it's on ON and you sync both leaders to it, they both consider it taken (a defensive objective), right?

Are you supposed to sync Squad modules (like "Only attack orders") to the Include Squads -module or to a squad member?

Very much like ALiVE, leaders are only aware of the objectives that have been synced to them, right?

If the HC thing works in a way that there's one HC (company/regiment commander) and the leaders are supposed to be like f.e platoon leaders, that's just a wet dream come true honestly.

I'll try my best to answer these questions one by one.

It essentially coordinates regular Commanders together to capture the set objectives in collaboration. Although I need to test it to make sure it works, it used to be a workaround to the limitation of 4 objectives per commander which was the core system of the original HAL. Now that I created the simple mode, that is not needed anymore. It used to be called "Big Boss" and basically works by re-positioning the 4 objectives each leader used to be limited to in a way to make them capture the "Big Boss objectives". To make it work, you would have to set the regular commanders to use Legacy mode and include them under the command of High-Command/Big Boss. In any case I need to properly document how to set it up which I will do after I make sure it even still works as modules.

Absolutely! Synchronize the HAL Commander module to the officer/unit you want to make the commander. 

Unfortunately yes. That is correct as of right now. I wanted to make a simpler system but it would involve having a "SetTaken" option in the module for each 8 possible commanders which is uglier than just synchronizing them. So for now you need to place one for each commander if they are to be captured only by one side.

Sync it to any squad member or vehicle of the squad. Works similarly to the Include module actually.

Check in the Commander Settings module. There is an option to turn debug on. Sync that module to the HAL Commander module.

Correct, however High-Command has a setting that scans the map automatically for interesting objectives though as stated before I have no idea if it still works and needs testing.

Well the good news is that in a way it could. If I get it to work properly, you could have lets say 2 platoon HQ teams (2 commanders) coordinated by a high-commander. There is also a setting to make those 2 subordinate commanders relocate to the latest captured objective. So you could have in a way two platoons coordinated to capture areas and engage the enemy.

48 minutes ago, velzevul said:

hI, NinjaRider! very impressed with your progress in work on HAL and other modules!

have a question about caching script. is it possible to make it not player-centric, but camera-centric? to allow spectate even far-from-player units correctly.

Unfortunately it is not possible at this time and I'm afraid there is no way of doing so (that I know at least) since the script is server-side and I don't know of any way to record camera positions of players on server.

Just now, NinjaRider600 said:

Thank you very much for an in-depth answer! 🙂

Two further questions, unfortunately;  1) I understood  that the Squad modules, like "only attack orders", require to be synced ONLY to the squad, not the commander? Got a bit thrown off by the Included Squads module comparison, which in my knowledge needs to be synced to the commander aswell.

2) This maybe more about asking your preference on the matter. E.g, I like the map Tobruk, large open desert areas with trenches on higher ground. Is it in any way possible to make the AI defend these positions, keep their positions and actually maybe go to the trenches? I think the BIS defend module would do that. In my tests, I had three set of trenches, one of the groups actually did automatically man the trenches, but others kinda' roamed around it. I do understand this is an issue on ARMA and the AI mostly, but this questions is just basically me asking you, an expert of this mod of course, on how to set up the Ai to take defensive positions via HAL, if possible, or is it only possible to kinda' have them stand/roam around and they act as accordingly as possible when they encounter an enemy? 

3) What's the benefit of having multiple leaders, or has that kinda' stayed from the times when objectives were limited?

1 minute ago, Jimi Markkanen said:

Thank you very much for an in-depth answer! 🙂

Two further questions, unfortunately;  1) I understood  that the Squad modules, like "only attack orders", require to be synced ONLY to the squad, not the commander? Got a bit thrown off by the Included Squads module comparison, which in my knowledge needs to be synced to the commander aswell.

2) This maybe more about asking your preference on the matter. E.g, I like the map Tobruk, large open desert areas with trenches on higher ground. Is it in any way possible to make the AI defend these positions, keep their positions and actually maybe go to the trenches? I think the BIS defend module would do that. In my tests, I had three set of trenches, one of the groups actually did automatically man the trenches, but others kinda' roamed around it. I do understand this is an issue on ARMA and the AI mostly, but this questions is just basically me asking you, an expert of this mod of course, on how to set up the Ai to take defensive positions via HAL, if possible, or is it only possible to kinda' have them stand/roam around and they act as accordingly as possible when they encounter an enemy? 

3) What's the benefit of having multiple leaders, or has that kinda' stayed from the times when objectives were limited?

1) Oh yes sorry I forgot to mention it. It also needs to be synced to the Commander Module

2) I think the way they did it is by making those trenches "buildings" with positions. Most I could do is to add those "buildings" in the usable buildings of NR6 Sites. Doing so will also cause garrisoned squads of HAL to use them.

3) It mostly stayed from the times of the old system. Its best use could be for the scan of interesting map objectives but aside that it is mostly a legacy feature which is a bit heavier on the system too so I usually achieve this by using several regular commanders which can move around if you want them as platoon commanders.

2 hours ago, NinjaRider600 said:

Unfortunately it is not possible at this time and I'm afraid there is no way of doing so (that I know at least) since the script is server-side and I don't know of any way to record camera positions of players on server.

ok. thanks for explanation.

More questions, yey! (Sorry)

What's the purpose of rally points, commander fronts and how to use them?

And also, does the position of the commander module (or if synced to a unit, the unit's position) define the HQ's position? I have a "Set as HQ guard" module synced to the commander and to a squad lead, but they still receive like recon tasks etc and no one's left for the HQ. Commander module is linked to a unit, the unit doesn't do anything though and killing it does nothing. There is some error message when starting about "AddLeader" if I remember correctly. 

E: Also, could you tell a bit about artillery and the transportation system? Artillery, just sync the units to the include squads module and you're good to go? And transport, should I have truck with drivers in them, and sync them to the transport only module?

3 hours ago, Jimi Markkanen said:

More questions, yey! (Sorry)

What's the purpose of rally points, commander fronts and how to use them?

And also, does the position of the commander module (or if synced to a unit, the unit's position) define the HQ's position? I have a "Set as HQ guard" module synced to the commander and to a squad lead, but they still receive like recon tasks etc and no one's left for the HQ. Commander module is linked to a unit, the unit doesn't do anything though and killing it does nothing. There is some error message when starting about "AddLeader" if I remember correctly. 

E: Also, could you tell a bit about artillery and the transportation system? Artillery, just sync the units to the include squads module and you're good to go? And transport, should I have truck with drivers in them, and sync them to the transport only module?

Rally points are defined by the roles and nature of the missions. Idle Rally point means that any squad not doing anything will rally there. Withdraw Rally means that any retreating squad will rally there. Supports Rally means that any support squads/vehicles will rally there when not doing anything.

Fronts basically limit the engagement area for a commander (they wont send squads to attack beyond that zone, AI may venture past it though).

The position of the module sets the location of the virtual commander. If synchronized to a unit, the unit's position is the HQ position. For the HQ guard module, I believe it only works with squads considered "spec ops" (for example, the recon squads in NATO). Also make sure when you synchronize modules like "Set as HQ Guard" that they are synchronized to the HAL Commander module, not the unit (if using a synced unit). As for the error I am currently working on fixing it for next update.

In terms of artillery, just synchronizing it should be enough to make it active though modded artillery needs to be configured. I have not created the modules yet for that but it can be done manually by script.

As for cargo, yeah just placing a bunch of trucks, APCs, choppers (fully crewed) is enough (they must also be included though). The cargo only module just limits missions to transport for those synchronized squads but trucks for instance are only going to get transport missions given their lack of firepower. Its more useful for assigning APC and helicopters for only transport.

Here is an example for configuring modded artillery:

RHQ_Art = ["cup_b_m119_us","cup_b_m270_he_usa","lop_tka_static_d30","rhs_m119_d","rhs_m119_wd","rhs_2b14_82mm_vmf","rhs_2b14_82mm_msv","rhs_2b14_82mm_vdv","rhs_d30_vmf","rhs_d30_msv","rhs_d30_vdv","rhs_2s3_tv","rhsusf_m109d_usarmy","rhsusf_m109_usarmy","rhs_m252_d","rhs_m252_wd","rhs_bm21_msv_01","rhs_bm21_chdkz","rhs_bm21_vdv_01","rhs_bm21_vv_01","rhs_bm21_vmf_01","rhsusf_m142_usarmy_wd","rhsusf_m142_usarmy_d"];

^add here artillery classes

RydHQ_Add_OtherArty = [

[["cup_b_m270_he_usa","cup_b_m119_us"],["CUP_12Rnd_MLRS_HE","CUP_12Rnd_MLRS_HE","CUP_12Rnd_MLRS_HE","",""]],

[["rhs_m119_d","rhs_m119_wd"],["RHS_mag_m1_he_12","RHS_mag_m1_he_12","RHS_mag_m1_he_12","rhs_mag_m60a2_smoke_4","rhs_mag_m314_ilum_4"]],

[["lop_tka_static_d30"],["rhs_mag_of462_10","rhs_mag_of462_10","rhs_mag_of462_10","",""]],

[["rhs_2b14_82mm_vmf","rhs_2b14_82mm_msv","rhs_2b14_82mm_vdv"],["rhs_mag_3vo18_10","rhs_mag_3vo18_10","rhs_mag_3vo18_10","rhs_mag_d832du_10","rhs_mag_3vs25m_10"]],

[["rhs_d30_vmf","rhs_d30_msv","rhs_d30_vdv"],["rhs_mag_3of56_10","rhs_mag_3of69m_2","rhs_mag_3of56_10","rhs_mag_d462_2","rhs_mag_s463_2"]],

[["rhs_2s3_tv"],["rhs_mag_HE_2a33","rhs_mag_LASER_2a33","rhs_mag_WP_2a33","rhs_mag_SMOKE_2a33","rhs_mag_ILLUM_2a33"]],

[["rhsusf_m109d_usarmy","rhsusf_m109_usarmy"],["rhs_mag_155mm_m795_28","rhs_mag_155mm_m712_2","rhs_mag_155mm_m864_3","rhs_mag_155mm_m825a1_2","rhs_mag_155mm_485_2"]],

[["rhs_m252_d","rhs_m252_wd"],["rhs_12Rnd_m821_HE","rhs_12Rnd_m821_HE","rhs_12Rnd_m821_HE","",""]],

[["rhs_bm21_msv_01","rhs_bm21_chdkz","rhs_bm21_vdv_01","rhs_bm21_vv_01","rhs_bm21_vmf_01"],["RHS_mag_40Rnd_122mm_rockets","RHS_mag_40Rnd_122mm_rockets","RHS_mag_40Rnd_122mm_rockets","",""]],

[["rhsusf_m142_usarmy_wd","rhsusf_m142_usarmy_d"],["rhs_ammo_m26a1_rocket","rhs_ammo_m26a1_rocket","rhs_ammo_m26a1_rocket","",""]],

[["B_Ship_MRLS_01_F"],["magazine_Missiles_Cruise_01_x18","magazine_Missiles_Cruise_01_x18","magazine_Missiles_Cruise_01_Cluster_x18","",""]]

];

^add here artillery configuration as such: [[classes that will use the following ammo],[HE ammo mag,Laser guided ammo mag,Special mag (like white phosphorus),Smoke mag, Flare mag]]