Finishing up some stability testing and bug fixing and it should be up in the next day or so. Changes are very noticeable. As a player, you can now change the role of your squad on the fly depending on the vehicle of your choice. Hop in a tank and you will be given armor attack orders. Hop in a transport helicopter and you will be tasked to transport people around. It is very efficient at picking up the capabilities of squads that change over time.

• Like 2

Excited to try this out! Will have to start reading all the documentation about creating a scenario from scratch. 

7 hours ago, john111 said:

What about the mod version of this?

The mod version for HAL will be contained in the NR6 Pack mod. I need to finish getting all the features I want in the code itself before I start porting things to modules.

Hey NinjaRider600, how about integrating some kind of bomb drop script for planes? I'm thinking of some functionality resembling the way those drops in Drongo's Air Operations work, only with Hetman AI choosing valuable targets.

4 hours ago, uzabit said:

Hey NinjaRider600, how about integrating some kind of bomb drop script for planes? I'm thinking of some functionality resembling the way those drops in Drongo's Air Operations work, only with Hetman AI choosing valuable targets.

CAS missions are supposed to have that possibility by placing fake laser targets on the enemy that is to be bombed but the AI rarely seems to follow that. I'll see if I can make it work again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NinjaRider600 said:

CAS missions are supposed to have that possibility by placing fake laser targets on the enemy that is to be bombed but the AI rarely seems to follow that. I'll see if I can make it work again.

Well, I think this only works with munitions that can lock on to laser targets. The latter module uses a concept that even allows bombs to be dropped from AI planes that only use CCIP aiming (like with iron bombs on RHS planes for instance). I don't know how this is achieved and scripted internally - so it might be a complicated solution. I just thought it might be helpful to share this idea because I think it works rather good with that mod.

On 9/3/2019 at 9:51 AM, uzabit said:

Well, I think this only works with munitions that can lock on to laser targets. The latter module uses a concept that even allows bombs to be dropped from AI planes that only use CCIP aiming (like with iron bombs on RHS planes for instance). I don't know how this is achieved and scripted internally - so it might be a complicated solution. I just thought it might be helpful to share this idea because I think it works rather good with that mod.

That's sounds like a cool idea. I'll add it to my to-do list. Gonna see if I can either implement it in HAL without ripping off the original script or make HAL compatible to use the script optionally.

• Like 1

Sorry for the delays. Free time for Arma is becoming harder to find. I will be uploading RC5 today.

• Like 1

Getting this rpt error after going from rc3 to rc5:

Error in expression <8       ])})],[[],""]];
private _dest = param [3,(if ((missionNamespace getVaria>
23:05:11   Error position: <param [3,(if ((missionNamespace getVaria>
23:05:11   Error Type Group, expected Array,String,Object
23:05:11 File A3\functions_f\Tasks\fn_taskCreate.sqf [BIS_fnc_taskCreate]..., line 57

Thank you for working on this great mod.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sixt said:

Getting this rpt error after going from rc3 to rc5:

Error in expression <8       ])})],[[],""]];
private _dest = param [3,(if ((missionNamespace getVaria>
23:05:11   Error position: <param [3,(if ((missionNamespace getVaria>
23:05:11   Error Type Group, expected Array,String,Object
23:05:11 File A3\functions_f\Tasks\fn_taskCreate.sqf [BIS_fnc_taskCreate]..., line 57

Thank you for working on this great mod.

Yes! Thank you for mentioning it, I need to update the changelog about it. Please ignore it. It is a BIS error that occurs when tasks are added to a group in the new secondary tasks. I've tried going around it but I found no efficient method so far. It does not affect the function of the script aside for the annoying error prompt.

On 9/9/2019 at 8:36 PM, NinjaRider600 said:

I will be uploading RC5 today.

I must be going blind ... where is it ?  I just see RC3.

1 hour ago, kremator said:

I must be going blind ... where is it ?  I just see RC3.

Oops... The links are updated and say RC5 but I forgot to change it from RC3 on the newest version subtitle. It's fixed now, the links should be good regardless.

• Like 1

RC6 coming with a small hotfix for cargo orders and a better withdrawal behavior. Additionally tweaked the simple objective's capture conditions to be more accurate.

Hi again,

Apologies if this is a bone question,

I have very little experience with the script version of HETMAN, ( i predominantly used addon for arma 2 and 3) 

I downloaded the demo chernarus mission (RHS USAF vs AFRF) 

Have you added the classnames for RHS to hetman or would i need to do the "RHQand RHQsArrays" and categorise all the units ?

Also are there any other mods you have done the classnames for ?

Hope that made sense, 

Many thanks  

1 minute ago, ksp95 said:

Hi again,

Apologies if this is a bone question,

I have very little experience with the script version of HETMAN, ( i predominantly used addon for arma 2 and 3) 

I downloaded the demo chernarus mission (RHS USAF vs AFRF) 

Have you added the classnames for RHS to hetman or would i need to do the "RHQand RHQsArrays" and categorise all the units ?

Also are there any other mods you have done the classnames for ?

Hope that made sense, 

Many thanks  

Although I have not prepared any RHQs for mods, I do use RHS in every single mission I play and I tweaked in RC4 or RC5 the autofill mode to make it run on every order cycle. That means that, at all times, HAL will evaluate the configuration of classes that have been spawned before giving them orders to follow. This last features allows players to switch roles on the fly by embarking different vehicles but also makes sure that any modded content will have a fairly accurate evaluation of its config for determining its role.

In short, no I haven't started making RHQs for mods but the autofill mode is very efficient and now can be fully exploited to make sure every unit has a proper role.

Also I believe that mission is really outdated. I got new ones coming I'd recommend waiting for to get the most out of the script. Got tons of missions laying around in my folder for which I will post mod requirements if I decide to post them. Only reason I never did was because many want a demo to use default content to avoid having to download extra mods just to see how the script works.

4 minutes ago, NinjaRider600 said:

Although I have not prepared any RHQs for mods, I do use RHS in every single mission I play and I tweaked in RC4 or RC5 the autofill mode to make it run on every order cycle. That means that, at all times, HAL will evaluate the configuration of classes that have been spawned before giving them orders to follow. This last features allows players to switch roles on the fly by embarking different vehicles but also makes sure that any modded content will have a fairly accurate evaluation of its config for determining its role.

In short, no I haven't started making RHQs for mods but the autofill mode is very efficient and now can be fully exploited to make sure every unit has a proper role.

Thanks for the swift response dude,

its much appreciated.

From what I understand of HAC the RHQs allowed for the leader to sent appropriate units and give certain tasks for certain units, SF get recce missions, AT squad sent to deal with Tanks and so on. 

With this "autofill mode" is HAC still able to recognise these roles and then give orders appropriately ?

Or would you still recommend doing RHQs for mods ?

Many thanks 

3 minutes ago, NinjaRider600 said:

Also I believe that mission is really outdated. I got new ones coming I'd recommend waiting for to get the most out of the script. Got tons of missions laying around in my folder for which I will post mod requirements if I decide to post them. Only reason I never did was because many want a demo to use default content to avoid having to download extra mods just to see how the script works.

It might be,

But it still runs with no addon errors !

Also there arent loads of people who run vanilla arma anyway so...

26 minutes ago, ksp95 said:

Thanks for the swift response dude,

its much appreciated.

From what I understand of HAC the RHQs allowed for the leader to sent appropriate units and give certain tasks for certain units, SF get recce missions, AT squad sent to deal with Tanks and so on. 

With this "autofill mode" is HAC still able to recognise these roles and then give orders appropriately ?

Or would you still recommend doing RHQs for mods ?

Many thanks 

For SF, MEDEVAC and ammo/fuel/repair trucks, I would add those in the proper RHQs to make sure they are recognized (alongside autofill). Aside those more complex orders though, autofill does the job pretty well.

Autofill does already dispatch AA and AT teams properly so it is more for the more advanced orders.

I guess I lied about RC6 being the last RC without new content. Currently finishing some optimization and improved ammo drop from fixed wing aircraft. Also added an option to not order fixed wing aircraft to land on rtb which can be very useful for planes leaving the map so that they don't start looking for an airfield.

Do anyone experience short periods of lag using this script. Like a couple of seconds every two or three minutes. It starts when the opposing forces engange in combat. I have tried diffferent constellations of mods, other ai command scripts, but its only when im using HAL it appears if have an ryzen 5 3600 cpu, geforce 2060 6 gb graphics and alot of RAM so it should not be the hardware thats the reason. I have run older versions nr6 hal and even before nr6 without this problem.