Work on the new supports is almost complete. Finishing the fuel/ammo/med/repair supports lastly as they are a bit more complicated to adapt but the ammo drop works really well and I'm excited to release what I got.

This upcoming version has tons of new additions, some more obvious than others, but unfortunately I might miss a few of them in the change log because I don't remember what I did months ago before I put this project on hold 😯. It mainly revolves around realistic orders and commander behavior in relation to Attack/Defend modes by making few changes such as Attack mode issuing patrol orders instead of idle (toggleable), a better transition between the two modes and more natural response to threat all taking into account leader personality. Other changes include transport for recon, capture orders with transport that drop ppl off before the objective to avoid ridiculous insertions (especially useful if you skip recon) and various fixes. On top of it all you have the new logistics supports which will still remain ACE actions based (the standard actions mode is still available but get ready for 13 actions to scroll through).

I hope this paints a picture of what I have been working on and I thank you for your patience.

I think that I will skip V1.22.8.2 in terms of nomenclature and make it 1.22.9 given the size of the update.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Can you elaborate on the attack/defend? Might we see more defending of objectives?

23 hours ago, acoustic said:

Can you elaborate on the attack/defend? Might we see more defending of objectives?

Yes in the sense that attack reserve and groups on idle will patrol between objectives instead of just idling where they are. Additionally, Defend mode will alternate between attack and defense more actively to respond to threats depending on Leader personality. So overall this should help with defense if you set HAL to keep a fair number of groups as reserve.

Another shameless plug for my HETMAN NR6 mission which I have just updated. Both single player and multiplayer compatible!

Workshop link:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1681681569

Or download from Google Files:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HyTACnWLHRI556LovNaGVVFOUwnYaqGY/view?usp=sharing

Changelog:

29/07/19

End triggers added and lots of tidying up. You can now win the mission by reducing enemy strength to less than 30.

• Like 2

Quick update, I'm currently finishing some bug hunting in the final stages of 1.22.9's development.

In addition, I have changed greatly the infantry/armor support to accept providing help even if no enemy is spotted. It will now prioritize on helping the player requester rather than engaging distant targets meaning that even if you have spotted a soldier 1km away, the support won't start chasing it in the distance but will instead come to your immediate help. Also perfected the ammo drop to avoid clipping bugs (it now uses the helicopter/plane's dimensions to calculate where the box will spawn and added BFT markers for ordnance that was dropped in order to facilitate locating them after they landed.

I estimate the release of 1.22.9 to be happening this weekend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately, I have run into a bug with one of the defensive orders that has been constantly dragging my progress down. So far I have two options: either I release 1.22.9 BETA which will contain the bug and then release a final version once it's fixed or I wait until I figure it out all.

The bug itself is avoidable by setting RydHQ_CRDefRes for the respective Leader to 1. This will make the defensive mode only use attack reserve orders which work properly.

I will try to fix it one last time today but if I see it's taking too long I'll consider the beta option.

On 8/12/2019 at 2:35 PM, NinjaRider600 said:

Unfortunately, I have run into a bug with one of the defensive orders that has been constantly dragging my progress down. So far I have two options: either I release 1.22.9 BETA which will contain the bug and then release a final version once it's fixed or I wait until I figure it out all.

The bug itself is avoidable by setting RydHQ_CRDefRes for the respective Leader to 1. This will make the defensive mode only use attack reserve orders which work properly.

I will try to fix it one last time today but if I see it's taking too long I'll consider the beta option.

Is it possible to release with the bug but set RydHQ_CRDefRes to 1 by default? That way the bug is mostly gone unless someone wants to override it.

Good news! I figured the bug out and will release a version of 1.22.9 momentarily. I am still calling it a Beta at this time because the bug seems to be linked to BIS tasks on AI which could potentially happen on other orders so I'll keep testing until I am convinced it is removed.

• Like 3

HAL 1.22.9 Release Candidate 1 is available for download now. Changelog will be posted later tonight or tomorrow morning as I gotta run for work atm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Gonna release RC 2 later today which will remove various debug hints I forgot in the script and restore sounds in the regular version (not BR).

• Like 1

So i should not use the RC1 version i my missions? 

And thanks for your support for this mod :-)

You have released rc 2 thanks 🙂 looking forward to the changelog. 

Hi dude,

Great to see Hetman is still going strong,

Just a quick question, would you anticipate VCOM ai clashing with Hetman ?

Thanks 

2 hours ago, ksp95 said:

Hi dude,

Thanks 

I use hitman v1.23
vcom works well with hetman

On 8/22/2019 at 7:48 AM, ksp95 said:

Hi dude,

Thanks 

It can clash depending on what VCOM features are active. In order to avoid issues, disable the features of VCOM that interfere with anything concerning waypoints (like adding extra waypoints for a squad to engage the enemy). New waypoints will cause issues with the way HAL issues orders especially on scripted behavior like heli transport for AI. 

RC3 released! Critical bug fix concerning the use of BIS Tasks in player given orders. Introduction of Patrol Points for simple objectives. The latter are objectives that will be solely used as points of defense for the AI commander meaning that they cannot be lost to the hands of the enemy. An example of how to use this would be if you want to make OPFOR an insurgent force that will patrol between towns and check points. In this case, you would not want to be able to capture a town and force the OPFOR commander to retaliate as if the objective was one of his bases.

EDIT: In order to use this feature, use this setvariable ["PatrolPoint",true]; on the objective object.

• Like 2

Hey @NinjaRider600

Thanks for the update.  Unfortunately, the sample missions no longer work, giving an error with Land_BagFenceEnd being no longer available.  Could you redo some of those missions to really show off this update please ?

Cheers.

2 hours ago, kremator said:

Hey @NinjaRider600

Thanks for the update.  Unfortunately, the sample missions no longer work, giving an error with Land_BagFenceEnd being no longer available.  Could you redo some of those missions to really show off this update please ?

Cheers.

Im about to release NR6 Pack 3.00 RC3 alongside a sample mission for it tonight. Should I also make a mission with solely HAL?

• Like 1

That would also be cool.  Something that shows off all abilities.  Plus intense battles tend to get the juices flowing!

7 hours ago, kremator said:

That would also be cool.  Something that shows off all abilities.  Plus intense battles tend to get the juices flowing!

Check the latest post on the NR6 Pack. Sample is up!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

While I have been free, many new features coming to RC5 (final RC with new content for 1.22.9).

Introduction of Secondary Tasks that show the state of all HAL Objectives (works best in simpleobj mode, shows which objectives must be secured and which are to be defended in general).

Rewriting of the cargo system for capture and infantry attack orders (troops will constantly ask for cargo pick ups when traveling long distances to their objective. The cargo check is not only run at the beginning of the task but is run every few seconds while the infantry group is running to their objective so that as soon as a pick up is available, it is dispatched to help them).

Rewriting of transport missions for players and redone tasks for all support missions.

(From  RC4) All new HAL Communication Menu to replace Tasking/Support/Logistics options that required ACE to work without adding tons of actions to scroll through. It is now only one action that opens a menu (also available as a ACE action). Old modes still availabe but not recommended.

• Like 1

Is it possible for HAL to automatically make it's own critical locations to hold/advance to etc ?  As it stands don't we have to tell HAL where critical infrastructure / town  is ?

7 hours ago, kremator said:

Is it possible for HAL to automatically make it's own critical locations to hold/advance to etc ?  As it stands don't we have to tell HAL where critical infrastructure / town  is ?

The Big Boss mode does have that function at the moment but it is a mode that adds a second bigger commander mostly designed to coordinate more commanders and is pretty script heavy.

Now that you mention it however, I will try porting those features to the simple mode.

UPDATE: Although the Big Boss feature could be ported to simple mode, it would cost performance. Instead, I'm gonna add to my todo list to create a scanner script that will look for strategic objectives to add automatically. The scanning area will be limited by a trigger area.

• Like 1

Even more stuff coming for RC5! Squad roles in the RHQ/Statu Quo check are now based on current vehicle being used instead of vehicle assignments. This should fix issues with server not registering the vehicle of squads due different locality (zeus spawned or HC) and not assigning proper orders. Additional, RHQAutofill is now run every order cycle for new spawned units so that unclassed/modded content that is spawned mid mission is recognized and classed (very important in the NR6 Pack)

• Like 1