28 minutes ago, acoustic said:

I am getting the same result even with the new objective system disabled. Leader skips objective 2&3 and goes straight for 4. 2&3 had no enemies in my testing, so I am not sure about the perceived danger aspect. But I do have recon disabled, so that probably affects that.

I will look into it. Pretty odd behavior.

2 minutes ago, NinjaRider600 said:

I will look into it. Pretty odd behavior.

RydHQ_DynForm = true;
RydHQB_DynForm = true;

RydHQ_CargoFind = 1;  
RydHQB_CargoFind = 1; 

RydHQ_LZ = false;
RydHQB_LZ = false;

RydHQ_HQChat = true;
RydHQB_HQChat = true;

RydHQ_Front = false;
RydHQB_Front = false;

RydHQ_MAtt = true;  
RydHQB_MAtt = true; 

RydHQ_Personality = "GENIUS";
RydHQB_Personality = "GENIUS";

RydHQ_Wait = 15;
RydHQB_Wait = 15;

RydHQ_ObjHoldTime = 1;
RydHQB_ObjHoldTime = 1;

RydHQ_AirDist = 400000;
RydHQB_AirDist = 400000;   

RydART_Safe = 200;

RydHQ_IdleOrd = true;
RydHQB_IdleOrd = true;

RydHQ_ResetTime = 150;
RydHQB_ResetTime = 150; 

RydHQ_KnowTL = false;
RydHQB_KnowTL = false;

RydHQ_PathFinding = 0;
RydHQB_PathFinding = 0;

RydxHQ_MARatio = [-1,-1,-1,-1];

RydHQ_AttackReserve = 0.5;
RydHQ_ReconReserve = 0.3;
RydHQB_AttackReserve = 0.5;
RydHQB_ReconReserve = 0.3;

RydHQ_ExInfo = true;
RydHQB_ExInfo = true;

RydHQ_Berserk = false;
RydHQB_Berserk = false;

RydHQ_CRDefRes = 0.5;
RydHQB_CRDefRes = 0.5;

RydHQ_NoRec = 10000;
RydHQB_NoRec = 10000;

RydHQ_AAO = false;
RydHQB_AAO = false;

RydHQ_RapidCapt = 0;
RydHQB_RapidCapt = 0;

RydHQ_LRelocating = false;
RydHQB_LRelocating = false;

RydxHQ_ReconCargo = true;
};

nul = [] execVM "RydHQInit.sqf"; 

My init for reference.

6 minutes ago, acoustic said:

RydHQ_DynForm = true;
RydHQB_DynForm = true;

RydHQ_CargoFind = 1;  
RydHQB_CargoFind = 1; 

RydHQ_LZ = false;
RydHQB_LZ = false;

RydHQ_HQChat = true;
RydHQB_HQChat = true;

RydHQ_Front = false;
RydHQB_Front = false;

RydHQ_MAtt = true;  
RydHQB_MAtt = true; 

RydHQ_Personality = "GENIUS";
RydHQB_Personality = "GENIUS";

RydHQ_Wait = 15;
RydHQB_Wait = 15;

RydHQ_ObjHoldTime = 1;
RydHQB_ObjHoldTime = 1;

RydHQ_AirDist = 400000;
RydHQB_AirDist = 400000;   

RydART_Safe = 200;

RydHQ_IdleOrd = true;
RydHQB_IdleOrd = true;

RydHQ_ResetTime = 150;
RydHQB_ResetTime = 150; 

RydHQ_KnowTL = false;
RydHQB_KnowTL = false;

RydHQ_PathFinding = 0;
RydHQB_PathFinding = 0;

RydxHQ_MARatio = [-1,-1,-1,-1];

RydHQ_AttackReserve = 0.5;
RydHQ_ReconReserve = 0.3;
RydHQB_AttackReserve = 0.5;
RydHQB_ReconReserve = 0.3;

RydHQ_ExInfo = true;
RydHQB_ExInfo = true;

RydHQ_Berserk = false;
RydHQB_Berserk = false;

RydHQ_CRDefRes = 0.5;
RydHQB_CRDefRes = 0.5;

RydHQ_NoRec = 10000;
RydHQB_NoRec = 10000;

RydHQ_AAO = false;
RydHQB_AAO = false;

RydHQ_RapidCapt = 0;
RydHQB_RapidCapt = 0;

RydHQ_LRelocating = false;
RydHQB_LRelocating = false;

RydxHQ_ReconCargo = true;
};

nul = [] execVM "RydHQInit.sqf"; 

My init for reference.

Thanks. This helps with troubleshooting. Is that the entire init?

Fantastic work overall, NinjaRider. I have to say after fiddling for so long with HAL that finding your edit has saved me so many headaches. Everything from unit caching to group names in the radio you've managed to fix nearly every gripe I had with HAL. So thanks for that. Naturally I have a question to ask though. 😉

Is there any simple way you could imagine to make it so the BFT updates faster (every X seconds for example) without messing with the leader's cycles too much or having to rewrite the entire BFT block in 'HAC_fnc2.sqf'? I'm partial to a delay on the info but the cycles just take a bit too long for my taste. Any insight on how I could go about changing would be much appreciated.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PivMan said:

Fantastic work overall, NinjaRider. I have to say after fiddling for so long with HAL that finding your edit has saved me so many headaches. Everything from unit caching to group names in the radio you've managed to fix nearly every gripe I had with HAL. So thanks for that. Naturally I have a question to ask though. 😉

Is there any simple way you could imagine to make it so the BFT updates faster (every X seconds for example) without messing with the leader's cycles too much or having to rewrite the entire BFT block in 'HAC_fnc2.sqf'? I'm partial to a delay on the info but the cycles just take a bit too long for my taste. Any insight on how I could go about changing would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it! As for the bft, the main reason I made it so slow is for the information about enemy to be only accurate according to what troops know, meaning that you won't be seeing their marker in a position that has not been spotted for long. That being said, I'm planning on splitting the BFT in two, one for enemies that will stay in the statuquo fnc from hac_fnc2 and only updates every cycle, and one that will update every 5 sec or so for friendlies.

15 hours ago, acoustic said:

if (isServer) then {

at the top, I forgot to copy.

Thank you. I'll try to repro it on my own. I've never experienced that issue with the normal mode so I'll double check. Maybe there's a setting I added that's causing this that I did not foresee. My guess is that it's something I did with the AAO config.

Sounds good, just let me know if you come up with something and I can give it a whirl 👍

On 4/5/2019 at 10:27 AM, acoustic said:

Sounds good, just let me know if you come up with something and I can give it a whirl 👍

So I've found the issue. On simple mode, the behavior is somewhat intended and generally the order is followed. However, normal mode seems to be broken and what made it partially work was actually the Big Boss config. What I intend to do next is to entirely deprecate Normal/Legacy mode (except for Big Boss usage) and to add importance or order values for simple objectives in order to retain the functionality of the old mode. The same way you can set if an objective is taken by a side at start, you will be able to set its importance or the order at which it should be captured.

Never-mind, the issue seems to have come from the Single Player editor preview not loading pre-init variables unless the mission was reloaded each time which messed up testing results. I'm not sure if the issue is the same in your case but in order to fix the normal mode from skipping, make sure BBAOObj is set to 1. As for the simple mode, I will try to improve the way the script randomizes the dispatching but it seems to work as intended. Additionally, the skipping only occurs when recon is skipped and even if it happens, the commander usually orders troops to capture the closer objective in the next cycle right away.

Still getting an issue with the old way/new way even with recon on. Sometimes the commander. Attacking multiple objectives (even with AAO set to false, and BB turned off), skipping objectives on the old way, ect.

Gonna test old Hetman and see if the issue persists. Could be something that has been caused by recent A3 updates that affects the whole system.

Edit:

Old Hetman does not appear to be doing the same thing.

3 hours ago, acoustic said:

Still getting an issue with the old way/new way even with recon on. Sometimes the commander. Attacking multiple objectives (even with AAO set to false, and BB turned off), skipping objectives on the old way, ect.

Gonna test old Hetman and see if the issue persists. Could be something that has been caused by recent A3 updates that affects the whole system.

Edit:

Old Hetman does not appear to be doing the same thing.

I would need to see the mission then. I have been unable to reproduce the bug. Try setting maximum objectives to capture at once for simple mode to something low like 1-2. It's at 5 by default. 

Other than that I'm out of ideas.

12 hours ago, NinjaRider600 said:

I would need to see the mission then. I have been unable to reproduce the bug. Try setting maximum objectives to capture at once for simple mode to something low like 1-2. It's at 5 by default. 

Other than that I'm out of ideas.

After messing around with the configs, and clearing up some confusion (its been a little while since messing with HAL, again lol) everything is working as it should. As you said, without recon the commander will sometimes send capture orders to the next obj quicker then usual. But that is to be expected.

My only concern, is I can't reduce the amount of recon units the commander will send no matter what I do. I adjusted the recon reserve and no matter what, HAL sends 3 groups to an objective. My ideal situation would be to reduce that to 1. I could make all my groups attack only, and leave one to recon but if that group somehow dies then I have no recon at all. Is there something hard coded that requires HAL to send 3 recon groups?

1 hour ago, acoustic said:

After messing around with the configs, and clearing up some confusion (its been a little while since messing with HAL, again lol) everything is working as it should. As you said, without recon the commander will sometimes send capture orders to the next obj quicker then usual. But that is to be expected.

My only concern, is I can't reduce the amount of recon units the commander will send no matter what I do. I adjusted the recon reserve and no matter what, HAL sends 3 groups to an objective. My ideal situation would be to reduce that to 1. I could make all my groups attack only, and leave one to recon but if that group somehow dies then I have no recon at all. Is there something hard coded that requires HAL to send 3 recon groups?

Unfortunately that's something I haven't touched yet from the original HAL. It is "hard-coded" in the sense that it sends 2 stages of 3 groups per objective. I intend to play around with that eventually so that recon can be less heavy.

4 hours ago, NinjaRider600 said:

Unfortunately that's something I haven't touched yet from the original HAL. It is "hard-coded" in the sense that it sends 2 stages of 3 groups per objective. I intend to play around with that eventually so that recon can be less heavy.

Gotcha, was hoping it was something simpler. lol. Kinda mission breaking for me at the moment.

1.22.8.1 is complete with major fixes to cargo support, improvements in usage of mechanized/motorized squads (troops now use their assigned vehicles properly if they have one in the squad), rewrote BFT entirely and split it into two parts where friendly refreshes occur every 5 seconds and enemy presence refreshes every enemy knowledge update only (not to give information about enemies that are not known anymore). Various little fixes too. Work on better recon will be made for the next version as I gotta now focus on releasing the next NR6 Pack.

I will be posting 1.22.8.1 in the next day or so.

• Like 3

Hi NinjaRider600, I regularly use your updated version of HETMAN for my single player missions and I really appreciate your additions to the original. I have a small request, though. Is there the possibility to add some short manual, especially with your new changes and commands, to the downloadable archive? It helps me to have all the information in one place for reference.

Version 1.22.8.1 has been released! I will add a changelog for it later but refer to my previous posts for a general idea.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, uzabit said:

Hi NinjaRider600, I regularly use your updated version of HETMAN for my single player missions and I really appreciate your additions to the original. I have a small request, though. Is there the possibility to add some short manual, especially with your new changes and commands, to the downloadable archive? It helps me to have all the information in one place for reference.

I am currently working on exactly that. The NR6 Pack, my other release that contains HAL with a bunch of extras, is gonna have a user manual for its next release which covers how to use those extras as well as how to configure the new Hal in the last section of the PDF. It's taking me a bit of time to write it but I'm making progress.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NinjaRider600 said:

I am currently working on exactly that. The NR6 Pack, my other release that contains HAL with a bunch of extras, is gonna have a user manual for its next release which covers how to use those extras as well as how to configure the new Hal in the last section of the PDF. It's taking me a bit of time to write it but I'm making progress.

Nice to hear! Thanks!

Update looking good 👍. Also looking forward to see if anything can be done about the default # of groups sent for recon. Thanks Ninja!

I am finding it very difficult to get the behavior I desire from HAL. Maybe its been so long since I used it that I forgot about it's initial design, but I could have swore I got better results for what I was trying to do back in the day.

No matter what my settings are, HAL (both BB or not) refuses to defend/garrison its objectives. It would rather pull all of its units off the objectives and cluster them in a certain area of conflict (both leaders do this, as well). By doing this, HAL (again, BB or not. Multiple leaders tied to BB or not) will leave an obviously strategic and advantageous position. Which will allow for an obvious flank. Take Stratis for example. All my units are spread out across the map with equal objectives taken split between East and West. As soon as somebody spots an enemy and engages, the whole map pulls to that one spot for a bloodbath. Is this how its suppose to be?

Trying to push 1.22.8.2 out soon as well as the NR6 Pack with that version. Been struggling to find any free time for Arma recently because of work. Sorry for the delays.

• Thanks 1

On 5/12/2019 at 9:27 PM, acoustic said:

I am finding it very difficult to get the behavior I desire from HAL. Maybe its been so long since I used it that I forgot about it's initial design, but I could have swore I got better results for what I was trying to do back in the day.

No matter what my settings are, HAL (both BB or not) refuses to defend/garrison its objectives. It would rather pull all of its units off the objectives and cluster them in a certain area of conflict (both leaders do this, as well). By doing this, HAL (again, BB or not. Multiple leaders tied to BB or not) will leave an obviously strategic and advantageous position. Which will allow for an obvious flank. Take Stratis for example. All my units are spread out across the map with equal objectives taken split between East and West. As soon as somebody spots an enemy and engages, the whole map pulls to that one spot for a bloodbath. Is this how its suppose to be?

Unfortunately that's stock behavior from the dispatcher and I haven't touched it yet. My suggestion is to try playing around with the RydxHQ_MARatio to lower the amount of squads that are sent at once for each type of squad. This should let other squads idle where they are until additional threats are found (depending on the type of commander you have too).

After a bit of a break I'm back with new features. Currently working on various modifications to HAL orders to players. The latter should be much clearer and straightforward now. Additionally, I have added support requests for ammo drop and am planning on expanding that to fuel support, repair support, and medical support. Those are no longer automated for player squad leaders as it made little sense that a player would be forced to request support when the system judged his supplies were low.

• Like 3