7 minutes ago, Mack. said:

Downloading now

Great, so there's another part I need to tweak so that might take some more time.

Hey NinjaRider

My testing is showing squads getting back in to the chopper, strangely even without the headless client active. 

Im seeing some other strange stuff like get in waypoints still showing as the choppers are in transit and once a squad disembarked while the helicopter was still 20ish meters above the ground.

Would it help if i uploaded my test mission?

Edit:

Squads getting back in appears to happen particularly if the helicopter lands under fire, i hope this helps.

Edited by Mack.

12 minutes ago, Mack. said:

Hey NinjaRider

My testing is showing squads getting back in to the chopper, strangely even without the headless client active. 

Im seeing some other strange stuff like get in waypoints still showing as the choppers are in transit and once a squad disembarked while the helicopter was still 20ish meters above the ground.

Would it help if i uploaded my test mission?

Edit:

Squads getting back in appears to happen particularly if the helicopter lands under fire, i hope this helps.

I trashed that version in the end, made everything way too heavy. I'm trying to make it compatible to at least ACEX HC.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for continuing work on this, happy to test as always.

So I've recovered the version I scraped, removed all of the heavy code and got this now: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1e1eyC_4JBDxXaG_BBVW1wUd7UAYoX2cG

This one should be compatible with all but it is the one that should be most stable.

UPDATE: Tested more of it and the problem I get now is that there's a delay in the waypoint  creation for the actual objective after the troops disembark making them keep trying to get in.

I'll add an override waypoint to cancel it and we'll see what that gives us

Edited by NinjaRider600
  • Thanks 1

Im about for another couple of hours, can test further.

So I've managed to fix most issues aside for one where the squads never get their cargo unassigned making them use it in a broken manner if they request cargo for another mission. Working on troubleshooting that but once that's done, it should, from what I've tested, work OK.

• Thanks 1

Good stuff, looking forward to the next version.

And I believe I've done it. Tested it and it worked all right from what I've seen so far. Also added HC compat for the NR6 garrison missions. The problem was actually that the command unassignVehicle does not behave exactly like in the Wiki. The effects of that command are actually local from what I've experimented which caused the latest issue. I will post this new version for testing and if it turns out good, it will be released as 1.22.7.3.

Here is the latest HC fix: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1valDFhL_a5vPtPPDbZARXFQAa0I-XFor

From what I've tested, it now works pretty well so I hope you get the same results.

Edit: One side effect of the remote calling is that missions that use cargo take longer to issue new waypoints because of the delay caused by the remote execution. This is normal and you may notice squads sit around for up to 30 seconds at the landing site until they move up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good news, the squads are no longer getting back into the helicopter! The only down side I'm noticing is the helicopters spend around a minute on the ground after dropping off the group before taking off again.

Ive done some further experimentation, here is the results from a minimum of 3 times per scenario:

Chopper on HC / Squad on HC: As above, works but chopper takes around a minute to takeoff again follow drop off.

Chopper on HC / Squad on server: Sometimes the squad has difficulty boarding. Only some of the squad may board the helicopter or the helicopter may not land. On drop-off the helicopter takes off again but hovers in position for a minute before receiving another waypoint. 

Chopper on server / Squad on HC: As above, works but chopper takes around a minute to takeoff again follow drop off.

All on server: As above, works but chopper takes around a minute to takeoff again follow drop off. EDIT: In this scenario I've also once seen a crew getting out of the helicopter in flight.

I got one last try to fix this up, if this doesn't work, I'll put it on ice for a bit and release 1.22.7.3 without any changes to the cargo system for HC.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15CeugbWf8eOUN6cMa2iEmVi-Z3MCmP9w

Hopefully this fixes issues with different localities and the pause.

EDIT: I'd recommend using zeus to verify if waypoints are getting assigned too. For some reason, waypoints are sometimes ignored by squads in Arma and I've never found a workaround other than using doMove which I might if necessary for RTB of cargo aircraft.

Out of time today unfortunately, will test tomorrow.

21 minutes ago, Mack. said:

Out of time today unfortunately, will test tomorrow.

No worries, thanks for the continuous testing!

Only did a very quick test of each however there's no change at the moment.

Is it worth considering including Headless client management within HETMAN? For example distributing units to the HC's before executing HETMAN and then reassigning back to the server when needed for transport missions? While not perfect (lots of simultaneous transport missions could still overload the server) it might be a more reliable method.

6 hours ago, Mack. said:

Only did a very quick test of each however there's no change at the moment.

Is it worth considering including Headless client management within HETMAN? For example distributing units to the HC's before executing HETMAN and then reassigning back to the server when needed for transport missions? While not perfect (lots of simultaneous transport missions could still overload the server) it might be a more reliable method.

I've tried that too and unfortunately it is not very reliable.

Also I don't seem to be able to repro the problems you are getting with the last version. Is there a mission you could send me which causes it?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uAjm7fobRDVQ82c5yq_gyrgLIzky89mj/view?usp=sharing

When starting the mission I usually select the Civilian slot. As long as you're a logged in Admin you should have Zeus with all units added as well.

Both handing off groups to the HC using Whertles script and starting HETMAN need to be done manually from the Console which again is available if your a logged in admin.

To start Whertles script execute one of the following globally in the console:

This will offload everyone apart from the leader group:

[true,30,true,false,10,3,true,["LeaderHQ"]] execVM "WerthlesHeadless.sqf";

This will keep the Helicopters on the server and offload everything else:

[true,30,true,false,10,3,true,["LeaderHQ","_Heli_"]] execVM "WerthlesHeadless.sqf";

This will keep the troops on the server and offload the choppers:

[true,30,true,false,10,3,true,["LeaderHQ","Soldier","soldier","medic","HeavyGunner,","Sharpshooter","sniper","spotter"]] execVM "WerthlesHeadless.sqf";

Theres an action menu item added to all units to view the offloading progress, usually takes a few minutes. I wait until its done and then execute HETMAN and monitor via ZEUS. Watch the units move from the airbase to FOB west. Delete the OPFOR choppers if you don't want them to be landing under fire. 

Theres probably a far more efficient way of doing this but with my lack of scripting knowledge its the best I've come up with so far. 

10 minutes ago, Mack. said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uAjm7fobRDVQ82c5yq_gyrgLIzky89mj/view?usp=sharing

When starting the mission I usually select the Civilian slot. As long as you're a logged in Admin you should have Zeus with all units added as well.

Both handing off groups to the HC using Whertles script and starting HETMAN need to be done manually from the Console which again is available if your a logged in admin.

To start Whertles script execute one of the following globally in the console:

This will offload everyone apart from the leader group:

[true,30,true,false,10,3,true,["LeaderHQ"]] execVM "WerthlesHeadless.sqf";

This will keep the Helicopters on the server and offload everything else:

[true,30,true,false,10,3,true,["LeaderHQ","_Heli_"]] execVM "WerthlesHeadless.sqf";

This will keep the troops on the server and offload the choppers:

[true,30,true,false,10,3,true,["LeaderHQ","Soldier","soldier","medic","HeavyGunner,","Sharpshooter","sniper","spotter"]] execVM "WerthlesHeadless.sqf";

Theres an action menu item added to all units to view the offloading progress, usually takes a few minutes. I wait until its done and then execute HETMAN and monitor via ZEUS. Watch the units move from the airbase to FOB west. Delete the OPFOR choppers if you don't want them to be landing under fire. 

Theres probably a far more efficient way of doing this but with my lack of scripting knowledge its the best I've come up with so far. 

Thanks I will try it out. I have used wethles a while ago in past missions so no worries.

Also I have only done extensive testing using ACEX headless client and I believe that might be the difference between our results, I'll confirm it when I test it later this week.

I can test with ACEX as well if it’s of use to you.

Im using Whertles to avoid if possible having any depencies in my missions. That and between my computers I’ve got 10 decent cores with which I’m hoping to see just how many AI I can get running smoothly across multiple headless clients.

I found the issue... I forgot to add a default value for one of the new general config variables which threw an error on each mission if it was not defined in the init (it was in my testing, not in yours). I will add this right away and it should be fixed.

Just a stupid mistake from my part...

EDIT: I actually didn't forget that part but a sleep command was delaying it too much.

EDIT 2: So I've found another issue and it is linked to how the setvariable commands were not all made global. This last part will take time to fix/change as there's a few hundreds of those that will need tweaking. It is the reason for the delay in helicopter takeoff. It would wait for the failsafe to kick in and force the helicopter to drop his cargo and RTB.

• Thanks 1