I have done some extra work on the cargo system to fix a bug where helicopter behavior would be weird if the squad was too far from where it landed causing odd idling behavior when the helicopter would be done with its task. Also changed big boss's way of checking for captured objectives. It will now consider the number of men including those in vehicles instead of considering vehicles as single units so that capturing objectives with vehicles is realistic and possible. These changes significantly improve the smoothness of objective capturing and will be implemented in stable 1.22.7.2

• Like 1

HAL 1.22.7.2 [NR6] RELEASED

After continuous testing, 1.22.7.2 is now stable and released.

Known issue: Denying orders for garrison orders in Big Boss does not work, trying to fix that.

EDIT: Almost done fixing that last issue, wait before downloading, new version will be up in a few minutes.

• Like 3

Good news, in a couple of days I will be able to test the HC version as well.

Managed a couple of hours of testing with 1.22.7.2 BETA with the HC experimental fix.

Good news, there is improvement! It appears to be working at times, I did see squads getting out of the helicopters! 

I also noticed a few interesting events. One squad got out of a helicopter and then immediately got back in, I believe this is causing squads to be "stuck" in the helicopter. Most interestingly a helicopter with a "stuck" squad later took off, landed and successfully disembarked the squad! In another instance a helicopter with a stuck squad attempted to board another squad for which there was insufficient seats, the helicopter remained on the ground. The helicopters remained responsive throughout.

Most of my mission testing is done with a headless client, besides the helicopter transport issue HETMAN NR6 appears to be compatible with headless clients, the only other exception is the artillery which can be left on the server and causes very little load. 

I hope this info is some use.

Mack

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mack. said:

Managed a couple of hours of testing with 1.22.7.2 BETA with the HC experimental fix.

Good news, there is improvement! It appears to be working at times, I did see squads getting out of the helicopters! 

I also noticed a few interesting events. One squad got out of a helicopter and then immediately got back in, I believe this is causing squads to be "stuck" in the helicopter. Most interestingly a helicopter with a "stuck" squad later took off, landed and successfully disembarked the squad! In another instance a helicopter with a stuck squad attempted to board another squad for which there was insufficient seats, the helicopter remained on the ground. The helicopters remained responsive throughout.

Most of my mission testing is done with a headless client, besides the helicopter transport issue HETMAN NR6 appears to be compatible with headless clients, the only other exception is the artillery which can be left on the server and causes very little load. 

I hope this info is some use.

Mack

Considering the way the script works, the errors you are getting are expected. All I added in the experimental fix are "getout" waypoints in addition to the normal vehicle assignment which work globally. Unfortunately, those waypoints have limitations and are not very reliable as they can cause several inconsistencies hence why the system uses vehicle assignment per unit in cargo slots instead. Unfortunately, these assignments only work on the same machine that they are called on so a headless client makes them useless. This is why the troops would never get out of their helicopters before this "fix". Bad news is, because of the limitations of the waypoints, Hal's cargo system cannot rely only on them so I will have to find a way to enforce server ownership of the AI for those tasks only when the cargo system is active in order to make it compatible.

• Thanks 1

Did more work on the defensive mode. Reserve defensive missions now patrol between captured objectives. Missions also cycle and are reassigned after they are completed. This replaces the old system where defensive mode would constantly cycle between attack and defense in order to renew orders. It now stays in defensive mode and dispatches the proper defense orders. I will also in the future add the extra missions from the attack mode such as resting missions in order to accomodate for the lack of it. Counter attacks are still carried out by reserve missions who can reassign themselves if there is a present threat or known enemy. Lastly added a new config variable for controlling the ratio of squads going in normal point defense vs squads going on reserve/patrol/combat ready missions for choosing wether the leader will have a more static and defensive behavior or a more aggressive and "patrolling" one.

• Thanks 1

1.22.7.3 is nearing release with new features such as disabling cargo system for players only, disabling withdrawal for players only, a much more active defensive mode and critical improvement of the capture orders to work better with the multiple BB objectives to be captured at once from 1.22.7. Also added a fix for the arty debug error that kept occuring. Also made tasks only complete if the actual mission is done (captured objective actually captured, infantry/armor/air target actually destroyed, flanking actually followed, recon actually done around the objective).

More features for 1.22.7.3 are coming such as support for withdrawal missions in defensive mode and more active counter-attacks on known enemy closer than the farthest friendly group.

Looking into turning the nr6 pack into a full fledged mod using modules to run most of the system with the possibility to still use config variables in code. It's not a priority currently but is something I will eventually work towards.

• Like 3

Did some testing of the new transport system (without Headless client), it appears to be very robust now. My mission looks like a scene from Apocalypse Now!

• Like 1

New work done for 1.22.7.3 including tweaks to the "Deny Task" action and reliability of multiple Big Boss objectives in order to fix an occasional bug where objectives would override each other's position and never complete. Should be out soon.

Also started planning how I will turn the NR6 Pack into a mod. I'm still hesitating to do it right now as I want to do more work on HAL and keeping it as a script is way faster for troubleshooting and modifying it.

• Like 1

Hello, I was wondering if you could help me with an issue on my mission. I have placed some RHS units in the arrays to ensure they are being tasked correctly...however once HAL initialises it like it blocks them being tasked at all. So the leader only tasks vanilla NATO units and not RHS units I have specifically placed in the Ryd arrays ..... although it will task RHS units if my Ryd arrays are not in the init.sqf but just not to missions you would expect them to complete.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

On 2018-12-27 at 11:27 PM, 0verlord-actual said:

Hello, I was wondering if you could help me with an issue on my mission. I have placed some RHS units in the arrays to ensure they are being tasked correctly...however once HAL initialises it like it blocks them being tasked at all. So the leader only tasks vanilla NATO units and not RHS units I have specifically placed in the Ryd arrays ..... although it will task RHS units if my Ryd arrays are not in the init.sqf but just not to missions you would expect them to complete.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Could you show me the way you have setup your rhq arrays? I'll be able to help better once I see them.

Did more work on the task system and added a 35% chance per cycle for any leader in defensive mode to switch to offensive mode if they have known enemies. I'm thinking I will link this to the personality factor of carelessness of leaders to add some immersion but this way leaders should engage more actively known threats even in defensive mode.

The recent modifications on the defensive mode already increase leader aggression but they work based on reserve missions which do not extensively take into account the enemy type as they function more as "point reinforcement" so making it possible for the leaders to switch to offensive mode makes defensive stances more immersive.

Edit: Leaders could always switch between stances based on personality but not on big boss mode. This adds an additional condition for that switching behavior based on leader recklessness factor. (The more reckless, the more likely it will switch to offensive mode hence why the genius profile uses 0.5 recklessness for balance)

Edited by NinjaRider600
  • Like 2

I noticed if you place artillery on map they use it! But why have them kill each others HQ's right at the beginning of a mission? I replayed the mission I've been goofing with. Put HQ's in several different locations with same result. Shouldn't scouts find the HQ 1st then blow it to smithereens at least? Thanks in advance. :) 

11 minutes ago, mikey74 said:

I noticed if you place artillery on map they use it! But why have them kill each others HQ's right at the beginning of a mission? I replayed the mission I've been goofing with. Put HQ's in several different locations with same result. Shouldn't scouts find the HQ 1st then blow it to smithereens at least? Thanks in advance. :) 

That is definitely not supposed to happen. The behavior you describe means that the given HQ knows about the position of the other one. This can be caused by them seeing each-other or (often the problem) if by some way a HQ is included in the control of the other in which case the info about it is immediately sent. Send me a repro and I'll look into it but it's a common problem I've encountered in the latter explained situation.

@Mack. Good news, I've started work on a headless compat for the cargo system. Might actually work.

• Like 1

@NinjaRider600 That would take HETMAN to the next level! 

Let me know when I can do some testing for you, I have a test mission set up.

3 hours ago, Mack. said:

@NinjaRider600 That would take HETMAN to the next level! 

Let me know when I can do some testing for you, I have a test mission set up.

I'll send you what I got as soon as I'm finished. I'll test it too on my side.

• Thanks 1

@Mack.
So here's the testing build: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-f46UgGYIKvkkEmIy3swQAjz4cTYmDvC

This actually contains the pack I use to build missions so it contains everything the NR6 pack has plus extras I've been working on and the GF Cleaning script. HAL 1.22.7.3 with the HC compat is the important part.

I haven't done any testing on HC yet but it is as stable as the previous version for cargo on SP (a bit more actually as I've added an extra waypoint reset after each embark).

Also the other contents from the NR6 pack have been completely changed so I'll explain how to use them when it's released, just copy paste the whole thing in your mission as you usually would for HAL and only run HAL (dont just copy HAL because you would need to modify the description.ext in order to separate them).

Thanks @NinjaRider600 I will test it later today.

In terms of offloading AI to headless clients are there any restrictions I need to abide by? i.e. does HETMAN change the locality of groups back to the server?

Mack

3 hours ago, Mack. said:

Thanks @NinjaRider600 I will test it later today.

In terms of offloading AI to headless clients are there any restrictions I need to abide by? i.e. does HETMAN change the locality of groups back to the server?

Mack

Nothing should be needed. It works around the fact the locality is different. I rewrote every part of the code that was not global concerning cargo. However, as I went to bed yesterday I realized one of the functions I used might be delayed causing a false negative in the cargo assignement. I'll release a new fixed version soon.

• Thanks 1

I was just about to post my findings.

I have been testing the first posted build and I think I see the false negative you mentioned above. On single player it works fine however on a dedicated server, regardless of headless client use, the squad boards the chopper however the chopper never takes off. Eventually the squad disembarks and walks to next waypoint.

I will retest with the new version and report back.

18 minutes ago, Mack. said:

I was just about to post my findings.

I have been testing the first posted build and I think I see the false negative you mentioned above. On single player it works fine however on a dedicated server, regardless of headless client use, the squad boards the chopper however the chopper never takes off. Eventually the squad disembarks and walks to next waypoint.

I will retest with the new version and report back.

Yeah that's what was the problem. One last thing, make sure you download the last version after the time of this reply as i've updated the link to another version.