Even though its barely been 2 days, NEW VERSION 1.22.5.1 RELEASED. 

Contains critical rewriting of the tasking system both in terms of task actions and notifications.

1.22.5/1.23.4 versions of task actions proved to be unstable and unreliable with HAL variables so I now rewrote different parts of HAL itself to flawlessly let the player enable/disable/deny tasks.

I will release the same update for 1.23.4.1 later on as that version is slightly different and the rewriting of it will take some time.

@foxhound Thanks for keeping the Armaholic mirror for the mod updated! Would it be possible to publish on Armaholic as latest version the 1.22 build instead of 1.23? 1.23 is still a WIP and has several bugs that can cause unexpected behavior.

• Like 3

Another update (1.22.5.2) is coming soon with a workaround for the BIS limitations concerning not being able to use actions applied to units inside vehicles. It will be using ACE actions in parallel with regular actions to give the option of disabling/enabling/denying tasks when player squad leader is inside vehicles.

After weeks of testing, tweaking and rewriting, multiple updates are coming for NR6 HAL, NR6 Sites and NR6 Reinforcements. All of my scripts have been rewritten to optimize performance and were tested by the air based milsim unit Air Combat Command. Heavy missions with 10+ sites, 2 sided reinforcements and roughly 200 AIs on each side (all controlled by HAL) with about 20-30 players gave an average server FPS above 30. Although these missions would be too heavy to be enjoyed in Singleplayer with only one client taking its load, these updates should help greatly with performance.

Additionally, a new script is coming up. NR6 Air Reinforcements will be providing dynamic reinforcements per side for planes and helicopters on precise positions for use in airfield with HAL.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Finally got around to doing some work on my HETMAN mission and I have small bug report:

When AI squad leaders makes reports or replies to orders the message is displayed in the sidechat as coming from the groupid as intended. The text accompanying markers on the map however are still showing the old call signs from the arrays (MINOTAUR etc)

Thanks again for this awesome mod.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2018 at 12:05 AM, NinjaRider600 said:

NR6 Air Reinforcements will be providing dynamic reinforcements per side for planes and helicopters on precise positions for use in airfield with HAL

Tell me more.  Are you saying you managed to get HAL to use air units to perform more advanced attacks? Pretty cool if true.

6 hours ago, monyetswa2 said:

Tell me more.  Are you saying you managed to get HAL to use air units to perform more advanced attacks? Pretty cool if true.

Essentially HAL deploys air units the same way as before except this new script respawns destroyed assets based on a pool of forces on specified parking positions/hangars. However for example, if correctly set, HAL can control an A-10 that will wait in parking till he is assigned a CAS task, then takeoff, deliver his attack and come back to land and park on a taxiway (BI AI taxiing behavior) till he is tasked another mission. I did change the behavior of AI fixed-wings however to be "careless" so that they respect their RTB to remain at base after missions. With reinforcements, this aircraft will be replaced once destroyed until reinforcements pool is depleted.

22 hours ago, Mack. said:

Finally got around to doing some work on my HETMAN mission and I have small bug report:

When AI squad leaders makes reports or replies to orders the message is displayed in the sidechat as coming from the groupid as intended. The text accompanying markers on the map however are still showing the old call signs from the arrays (MINOTAUR etc)

Thanks again for this awesome mod.

Thanks for the note! I didn't modify the AI Radio markers at all so I'll add this as a feature to adapt it to the new system.

• Like 2

Does anyone have a script that monitors if units have stopped moving and unstick them if required?

After a while I often notice a member of a squad has stopped moving and is stuck in a rock. If I move him out  using Zeus he will start moving again.  I realise this isn't a HETMAN issue but it becomes quite apparent in HETMAN missions. Maybe a possible feature for ZBE?

On 9/6/2018 at 2:34 PM, Mack. said:

Does anyone have a script that monitors if units have stopped moving and unstick them if required?

After a while I often notice a member of a squad has stopped moving and is stuck in a rock. If I move him out  using Zeus he will start moving again.  I realise this isn't a HETMAN issue but it becomes quite apparent in HETMAN missions. Maybe a possible feature for ZBE?

Yeah especially with tanks and vehicles, this keep happening and unfortunately its Arma's AI's limitations. Isn't much I can do though AIO AI menu permits you to unstuck AI in your squad. That mod only works with a player's squad so setting it to check for all AI's would probably be quite difficult.

Also note to all. Releasing 1.22.6 and all other mod updates tomorrow! Sorry for the delays, have been very busy with school and flight training.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

NR6 1.22.6 is up. I'll work on putting up the others as well as the new air reinforcements script later tonight.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Still working on the others, discovered a bug with the caching system caused by AI mods like ASR or VCOM. Working on a fix.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Spent the day playing around with HAL, another quick bug report. Ive noticed in the newer versions RydHQ_Personality is changed to OTHER on HAL Initialisation. Same applies for RydHQB_Personality etc.

Also I can't seam to access the global variables listed on the last two pages of the original manual (eg RydHQ_Morale).

As always thanks for you work on this awesome mod.

• Like 1

@Mack. Those two last bugs should not be linked to my version as I haven't touched that part of HAL. Maybe it could be the reserve coefficients that are set to 0 in my new sample init included in 1.22.6. If that's the case simply change those values. Now for updates on the mods, I found a workaround for the cache and its working great. Also just finished a new mode for the Air reinforcements script that will be released. New spawned assets will use parked aircrafts instead of spawning new ones in order to simulate a physical inventory of air assets available instead of non-immersive spawns. Trying to figure an equivalent system for the normal reinforcements script.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey NinjaRider600. Downloaded this stuff newly and am really keen to try it out. But i'm completely green. I'm trying to do HAL NR6 + Sites + Reinforcements. But i don't know how to do the Cfg Functions in the description.ext. Could you help me?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Arcieri said:

Hey NinjaRider600. Downloaded this stuff newly and am really keen to try it out. But i'm completely green. I'm trying to do HAL NR6 + Sites + Reinforcements. But i don't know how to do the Cfg Functions in the description.ext. Could you help me?

Despite the delays caused by the tons of little fixes I'm making to each of my scripts, I got a NR6 modpack ready to ship as soon as I'm happy with the stability of my scripts. It will have an included description.ext that integrates all of the scripts. In the meantime however, here's a sample description.ext for an old pack that should work with the currently published versions. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1x8WgbsZDo9eFDftY-iBm_-FAMoBluMdj Keep in mind you must have Sites, Reinforcements and HAL included in the mission file for it to work.

On another note, I'm currently working on a few fixes on HAL's cargo system to make it more "bulletproof" and to patch issues where transports get their order flow stuck from squads that won't disembark. Also rising the distance at which the cargo system works, might make it a customizeable value so the user can decide how far the cargo system works from a squad and how far an objective must be for a squad to request a lift.

Thank you! Some of the filenames are a little different by the looks of it but i think i know what to do now. I'll let you know how it goes!

Actually. I've got a question, due to the unpredictable nature of my Unit. Being able to move the item that the Leader's current objective is set to. Would be INVALUABLE. Is this possible? For example...if i bound the variable to- for argument's sake. A treestump.

Sorry for all the hassle. But i've been getting this error spam. Wont tell me what line, what file, what fricken script. I presume it's these scripts- and i have a concentration of units near the west coast of Altis which maybe the water surface. I presumed at first it was the sites. So i reduced the radius and moved them further away from the coast. Aside from that the excluded faction (BLUFOR) is on the new Destroyer from ENCORE. The error does not leave the screen- ever.

8:24:12 Error in expression <counter + 1;
_isWater = surfaceIsWater [_posX,_posY];
if (_iswater) then 
{
_pos>
 8:24:12   Error position: <_posX,_posY];
if (_iswater) then 
{
_pos>
 8:24:12   Error Undefined variable in expression: _posx

Edit: I seem to have discovered the source of the problem. Keeping the Leader or Big Boss in a building (In this case the Cargo command center from base game) seemed to be the cause. Both entities have been moved and it appears to be fine.

@Arcieri Sorry I was away for a bit. Had lots of work to do and for some reason I did not get any notifications for these posts. For the error you keep getting it's the system that checks to make sure no group is sent on water but the x value of the array is getting an error. I haven't touched that part of the script though keeping your units away from water is usually the solution. Now for moveable objectives in big boss its feasible to an extent. Instead of Syncing the big boss gamelogic to another gamelogic, sync it to an object you can move in Zeus. That way, you could move it around and each time BB cycles it will update it to that objective. Now concerning non big boss objectives it would be complicated due to the nature of the system.

Huge update coming up for HAL 1.22 in HAL 1.22.7 including major rewriting of Big Boss in defensive mode, fix for offensive mode always doing recon at leader position when all objectives are captured (ex when berserk mode is on), new patrols in defensive mode, reconfig of RydHQ_Order value so that a leader will stay in defensive mode instead of always cycling and many more fixes and critical improvements for very long range operations (ex on south asia map where distance go upwards of 100km). I have now started changing and improving the actual functions of HAL since last few versions so feel free to ask me about errors you are getting as I might be able to help even if they are from the original HAL.

• Like 1