Thanks for the answer. I was hoping that at some point someone would do a simplified version of this as a sort of an ai "high command" module system as an alternative to alive or mcc. I can see though how the scripting of this can make that difficult.

Also, I'm not sure why, but my email is in your quote box as my username.

13 minutes ago, slurpy_commando said:

Thanks for the answer. I was hoping that at some point someone would do a simplified version of this as a sort of an ai "high command" module system as an alternative to alive or mcc. I can see though how the scripting of this can make that difficult.

Also, I'm not sure why, but my email is in your quote box as my username.

Yeah I noticed that. Seems fixed now but earlier I could only see your email as your username both in my notifications and in the thread so that's probably why it quoted it. Probably a glitch in the forum.

Thanks NinjaRider and Rydygier for the hard work! i'm used to GAIA but im intrigued to see how complex and dynamic this system seems

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fycj said:

Thanks NinjaRider and Rydygier for the hard work! i'm used to GAIA but im intrigued to see how complex and dynamic this system seems

With the caching system and the reinforcements, this version of Hal reassembles to some extent Gaia. Main difference you will probably notice is that hal acts more as a sole commander giving orders such as conquering objectives while Gaia seems to have other more "dynamic" features.

Any chance of integrating your new NR6 version of Hetman into a Hetman War Stories scenario? 

I have no idea how to put it into HWS myself, but that almost exclusively how I play Arma3. 

5 hours ago, MAGA Man said:

Any chance of integrating your new NR6 version of Hetman into a Hetman War Stories scenario? 

I have no idea how to put it into HWS myself, but that almost exclusively how I play Arma3. 

I trying the same, to get the new updated additions ( mainly the task overhaul) and fixes from NR6 into HWS

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, RommelBr said:

I trying the same, to get the new updated additions ( mainly the task overhaul) and fixes from NR6 into HWS

6 hours ago, MAGA Man said:

I'll give it a try once again. Last I tried I didn't spend much time working on it as I was focusing on HAL and my new releases and the results were not very convincing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, NinjaRider600 said:

I'll give it a try once again. Last I tried I didn't spend much time working on it as I was focusing on HAL and my new releases and the results were not very convincing.

Thank you very much for trying again with your new Hetman  inside HWS. 

I am thinking the main difference to the HWS player would be the customization screen at startup of scenario, also asking about what level/limit of reinforcements for each side, etc. 

So pretty neat overall really like the radio voice addition and the squad orders. Im a little confused by the Squad markers tho - I see lots of "x"'s on the map with different Squad name/numbers combos like Alpha2-B or such and they're different colors such as Black Red and Blue but im confused as to what they are. Also would be nice if the squad icons themselves displayed their number as I have no idea where a squad actually is when reporting something. Maybe that High Command mod which displayes Squad information (type of personnel/units alive etc) would be helpful here. Lastly I would say i miss the marker text of the original HAL on the map as that again adds to squad personality and gives a sense whats happening in that area.

Also what type of FPS are people getting mid to end mission? Mine running vanilla starts in mid 40's and winds down to low 20's high teens in the editor singleplayer

Here's a guide concerning the markers: red means it's a task under way, blue means it's a cancelled or completed task and brown means it's a garrison task. Black is a withdrawal task. As for what the text means the first letters explain the type of task, the second batch of letters are the squad being tasked and the last letter is the Leader. So if LeaderHQ sent an order it will say A and if LeaderHQB did it will say B and etc. Now for the name of the squads not being displayed it's a limitation of the vanilla MARTA. I usually use BFT from ACE in conjunction so I can keep track of where everyone is. The "X" are just a replacement for the dots that used to be there for the debug markers. Also @froggyluv what exactly do you mean by the original marker text? I modified most of it but if it's something specific I could bring it back.

As for Performance, this script is extremely heavy if used with 600+ AI but I have found ways to make it play at very smooth fps. The procedure, however, is pretty complicated and involves dedicated servers + headless clients but I will make a guide on it.

• Like 1

By original marker text I meant that you would see the text (as a marker I assume) on the map for a brief time when a squad spoke such as "Affirmative. Engaging hostiles" or such.

5 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

By original marker text I meant that you would see the text (as a marker I assume) on the map for a brief time when a squad spoke such as "Affirmative. Engaging hostiles" or such.

OH yes! It is still present in the script and you can enable it. Check the config variables for it. I believe you must add to the init RydHQ_ChatDebug = true;

• Thanks 1

@NinjaRider600 does HAL 1.23.3 [NR6] have the same updated features as HAL 1.22.4 [NR6] like mentioned in the changelog? or its juts a port of another.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RommelBr said:

@NinjaRider600 does HAL 1.23.3 [NR6] have the same updated features as HAL 1.22.4 [NR6] like mentioned in the changelog? or its juts a port of another.

1.23.3 has all the features from 1.22.4 and also includes the minor optimizations concerning task names and "AreaTaken" config that 1.22.4 does not have yet.  1.23.3 is also a port of the original 1.23 WIP3 from Rydigier so it includes all the features he added as well.

• Like 1

@NinjaRider600

Implemented your modified/updated version of HETMAN (HAL 1.23.3 [NR6]) into War Stories. Now it will benefits from HAL - NR6 features, notably the revamped task system and the contents in the Radio chat, its much more battlefield immersive.

*also implemented [NR6] zbe cache

Here is a template of Hetman: War Stories + NR6 HAL + ZBE - TEMPLATE_HWS_(1.06 beta5)_[HAL 1.23.3 [NR6] + NR6 ZBE_Cache].Malden.zip

I also made a Google drive folder with all my terrain ports, and theres my War Stories workshop collection.

Cheers

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

RommelBr, 

Is there a way to implement NR6 Reinforcements into the NR6 Hetman version of HWS? 

What I usually have done in past for reinforcements in HWS is use Zeus at the beginning to place a few extra units for the good guys and the bad guys. This is also the only way I've been able to get airplanes into HWS, and the only way I can bring secondary faction attachments into the battle (for example: I may bring a Chernarus main force, but complement it with NATO assets) 

If the struggle becomes a stalemate later in game due to mutual destruction of forces, I may use Zeus again to add a few more forces to one or both sides. 

But the problem doing this is: 1. The beginning situation may be very dangerous or time-sensitive for the player, don't have luxury of time to place Zeus units. 2. I, the player also being Zeus, know where when and what reinforcement goodies the enemy is getting.

I was hoping that NR6 Reinforcements would alter this experience in HWS, so I feel less reliant on using Zeus. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MAGA Man said:

RommelBr, 

Is there a way to implement NR6 Reinforcements into the NR6 Hetman version of HWS? 

Well i wish HWS had reinforcements happening meanwhile battles too, it would bring some more dynamism to the war, but so far don't make sense implementing NR6 reinforcements script in HWS yet.

NR6 Reinforcements is not War Stories wise, but for Hetman missions its ok.
Also the scprit only woks on east or west side and you have to config per mission; War Stories need its own reinforcement scripts.

All i can do (you too) is beg for Rydygier in Hetman: War Stories topic to love it again and implement some needed reinforcement. :)

• Like 2

@RommelBr

Awesome job on HWS! Thanks for adding my additions to the War stories system. As far as adapting reinforcements for HWS, I'd really need to familiarize myself with its system to think of a way to change the script to make it work with it. With my job and school I haven't gotten to it yet unfortunately.

• Like 3

Several updates are coming including one for the Reinforcements script, one for HAL 1.22 to bring it to standard with 1.23 in terms of BB optimization and tasks and a new Base/Observation post/Sites release. Might even publish two sites releases. One consisting of a set up to modify the stock sites module to any faction the mission maker wants to control sites and another one based off another garrison script from the community that will provide a slightly better job than the original sites module. The only issue I'm so far battling with is concerning an unknown bug that the sites module is causing to my reinforcements script where the new groups aren't controlled properly by HAL. Will also release a mission making template pack I use that contains the caching script , the sites script and the reinforcements script with HAL to quicken large mission making.

In the near future, I plan to also publish a guide on how to have missions with 700+ units battling in large scale conflicts on huge maps using all my tools with or without caching and how to make it run at reasonable performance. Be advised that my method uses a dedicated server, headless client and a Virtual Machine setup to save progress in missions on which everything runs so it's a pretty complex setup and requires a crap ton of RAM and beefy CPU as you will have overall 3 Arma executables running the mission to make it smooth.

• Like 1

Almost finished a stable sites script built around CBA functions. Previous scripts from the community proved too heavy and would interfere with HAL when called on multiple sites at the same time. This should provide an interesting and lightweight addition to the battlefield immersion on large scale scenarios.

• Like 3

Testing the new updates a bit for stability with various mods and for last minute new features I might add. I will publish them as soon as I'm satisfied.

• Like 1

Finishing another  addition to HAL which will give the mission maker the option to add actions to each leader of the controlled squads that allow player squad leaders to deny a task from the AI commander and disable/enable tasking in general for their squad. Also rewrote key parts of ZBE_cache to vastly improve stability under high load missions and efficiency as squads are now uncached as soon as they are tasked to get in vehicles rather than only when the leader is in one. More testing is undergoing as I am working to make this last addition to HAL as user friendly as possible. I will release the update for Reinforcements, ZBE_cache, HAL (1.22.4.1, 1.22.5 and 1.23.4) and the new release of NR6_Sites all at once when it's ready. Should happen this week.

• Like 2

HAL 1.22.5 and HAL 1.23.4 updates released! Skipped 1.22.4.1 as the optimization it contained was minor so I just included it in 1.22.5.

Stay tuned for updates of ZBE_Cache, NR6 reinforcements and the new sites release.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

New NR6 Sites script released!

NR6 Pack containing HAL, NR6 Sites, NR6 ZBE_Cache and NR6 Reinforcements all in one bundle all configured to work together will be released soon as well.

• Like 2