YouDi

Issues with 1.82 Update

I'm playing Arma for more then 3 years now, and after the last Update I realized, that this Update just DESTROYED lieterally the whole Car engine and the Camera for the cars...

Just try to drive a Limousine, a Hunter, a Strider or even an Offroader... You will realize that this update just destroyed the 3rd person cam for Cars and is just Shit!...

And even these new Sounds from the Cars just sound like they are electric cars..

Why have you done this to us Bohemia?

Edited by R0adki11
Made the title more informative
  • Haha 1

Literally just singed in to post this and after it put me back to the forums page this showed up!

I'm not sure what they have done but they done goofed. The Hatchback, Hatchback (Sport), SUV, Offroad, etc. all the third person cameras have fucked up along with the handling and the sounds.

Please fix this!

• Like 1

not seeing this in vanilla and the editor... 3rd person is great, cars and trucks run good... what do i need to make this shitty?

did it already get fixed?

It depends on your setting for steering left or right. If you use Car Left or Car Right with mouse steering, you'll have a bad time. Apparently only the inferior Car More Left and Car More Right are intended to be used for mouse steering.

But that's the case ever since the direct command overhaul.

It has nothing to do with left or right steering. Do you own the tanks DLC? From my research only people with the tanks DLC have this issue.

Third person is not something I use. I'll check it out though and see what's what. BIS can fix this fast so no panic.

Instead of bitching and moaning about what the patch may have changed and pointing your finger at BIS whom exceed what most devs in my opinion have done

compared to most games, maybe provide detailed constructive information into the exact issue your having like the following:

1. Be specific about the issue your dealing with, even providing the exact errors you are getting if any.

2. List any mods being used.

3. List mission/s you are playing, custom by you, or downloaded.

4. Downloaded from Armaholic or other, or subscribed from steam workshop.

5. Sp in scenarios, playing it in the editor, on a server, or hosting the mission.

6. Post your full specs even the ram frequency - (most people post how much ram they have and not the freq).

7. provide a link to an rpt, yes a link, use this ------> https://justpaste.it/

8. what settings are you using - startup, and ingame graphics and other settings.

9. What have you done to try to fix the issue?

10. What is your control scheme for said issue?

11. Post some screenshots, and or video.

==========

I played around in VR myself with all the vehicles, i use arrow keys to drive, while in freelook, and use 3rd person half the time while driving, all vehicles,

and armor i found have no issues, 3rd person is the same as it was, this is vanilla game.

Take a break from the game, when you feel ready and able, can think clearly and are willing to go into the issue at hand, and provide some

information maybe this will get straightened out. As my dad had always told me growing up when i faltered from the path, "Dig a little deeper."

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Do you have the tanks dlc loaded into arma Gunter Severloh?

• Like 1

Regarding the sounds, I'm pretty sure everything (civilian) except for the Offroad is a hybrid of sorts. :P

Even then, they sound great.

I mean the sound of that car does not sound like a hybrid... I didn't see any of the 3 things I listed in the patch notes.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JoshL said:

From your video i can't see any issue with the 3rd person camera. If your playing with mods, then its likely one of them that needs updating following the Tanks DLC.

9 minutes ago, JoshL said:

I'm not playing with mods.

Well as none of your posts in this thread have been very informative, it was a bit difficult to know. Are you on the default branch (Vanilla)? Or on the Dev Branch? What mission are you playing? Is this in a multiplayer or single player?

26 minutes ago, JoshL said:

Its loaded by default if you own it, and yes i have it, i did the same as you and tbh idk what the issue is, supposed to sound like a hybrid as in an electric car?

Sounds like a normal car to me.

On 4/12/2018 at 10:19 AM, JoshL said:

The Hatchback, Hatchback (Sport), SUV, Offroad, etc. all the third person cameras have fucked up along with the handling and the sounds.

So what exactly is wrong with the 3rd person camera?

The handling of the cars and sounds, provide some before, and current details of what is wrong.

• Like 1

Vanilla branch, no mods, mission is the altis life one even happens in the vanilla editor/arsenal. I don't know what else to give you. It was fine before the tanks DLC then as soon as I did that update on the server the vehicles handle like shit and the camera is fucked. The sounds, not bothered, sounded shit anyway.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JoshL said:

Vanilla branch, no mods, mission is the altis life one. I don't know what else to give you.

Thanks for confirming the mission, its likely an issue with the altis life mission. As those missions always use a number of complex scripts to create the atmosphere. You may want to contact the mission creator and see if they are going to up date it for Tanks DLC. Also you may want to consider using less vulgar language when posting. 

• Confused 1

I have all the DLC, no issue with 3rd person or sound...  

As for Atlis life that is a mod

2 hours ago, JoshL said:

I don't know what else to give you.

Information. Saying "it used to be fine, now it's not" is meaningless. You need to provide some actual data/references. Links to video examples of what you perceive to be the before and after, for instance.

• Like 2

Altis Life is not a mod you run client side, that's what I thought he was asking.

2 minutes ago, JoshL said:

Altis Life is not a mod you run client side, that's what I thought he was asking.

Although it may not be a traditional mod, it behaves like a mod as it is heavily scripted and can easily be affected by updates to Arma3. 

On 16.4.2018 at 4:28 PM, R0adki11 said:

From your video i can't see any issue with the 3rd person camera. If your playing with mods, then its likely one of them that needs updating following the Tanks DLC.

This 3rd person cam is definetly broken! It does'nt even move with the car... So you can't even see what's infront of you, except you turn the cam manually with your cam...

Ah the OP responds!

So this is vanilla arma 3 your having issue with or you running mods too, and what mission are you playing when this occurs and is your tests in VR, editor, MP Lan, or on a server?

You had already stated the issue in your original post, and then add a bit more description to it here, but you have not stated what your running with or on, as

those affect how everything handles ingame.

• Like 1