I have been re-mapping PC games for twenty years.. (so stop with the presumptions before I start).

I was the first person to upload a downloadable .ini file of Left-handed controls for The Witcher 3 (until the Devs fixed that error of theirs).

I have tried a thousand times to get this ARMA 3 game working properly after re-mapping.

BUT

When I go forwards, the game sends me sideways.

W,A,S,D (for me [leftys]) is Numpad 8,4,5,6

etc...

So I press NP 8 instead of W to go forwards.

BUT

The game sends me sideways EVEN THOUGH ONLY the ONE Action IS MAPPED TO THAT KEY.

AND; Every update seems to destroy previous re-mapping.

If I delete EVERY SINGLE CONTROL AND START AFRESH (with no double-mappings) the game still will not allow me to move around logically in game.

Around 780,000,000 other left-handed people today: So (out of my 950 Steam games); Its about time there was more than ONE game that has a pre-set of Left-handed Keyboard settings (as Right-handed players are given 100% of the time).

Does anyone know how to fix this train-wreck of controls?

1 hour ago, Roger Dodger said:

I have been re-mapping PC games for twenty years.. (so stop with the presumptions before I start).

I was the first person to upload a downloadable .ini file of Left-handed controls for The Witcher 3 (until the Devs fixed that error of theirs).

I have tried a thousand times to get this ARMA 3 game working properly after re-mapping.

BUT

When I go forwards, the game sends me sideways.

W,A,S,D (for me [leftys]) is Numpad 8,4,5,6

etc...

So I press NP 8 instead of W to go forwards.

BUT

The game sends me sideways EVEN THOUGH ONLY the ONE Action IS MAPPED TO THAT KEY.

AND; Every update seems to destroy previous re-mapping.

If I delete EVERY SINGLE CONTROL AND START AFRESH (with no double-mappings) the game still will not allow me to move around logically in game.

Around 780,000,000 other left-handed people today: So (out of my 950 Steam games); Its about time there was more than ONE game that has a pre-set of Left-handed Keyboard settings (as Right-handed players are given 100% of the time).

Does anyone know how to fix this train-wreck of controls?

Why would you use numpad for movement if you're a lefty?

Your left hand is already sitting on WASD.

"I'm a lefty, so I'll bind the movement keys which are being used all the time to my right hand."

Seems counter-intuitive.

Cheers

20 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Why would you use numpad for movement if you're a lefty?

Your left hand is already sitting on WASD.

"I'm a lefty, so I'll bind the movement keys which are being used all the time to my right hand."

Seems counter-intuitive.

Cheers

lol what? if he is a lefty his left hand is sitting on a mouse man....

your issues are most likely related to the numpad keys being double mapped in some other place/sub-category. that being said, i use a custom keybind set, that i have backed up as well, but never had issues with my binds being reset after a game update

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PuFu said:

lol what? if he is a lefty his left hand is sitting on a mouse man....

your issues are most likely related to the numpad keys being double mapped in some other place/sub-category. that being said, i use a custom keybind set, that i have backed up as well, but never had issues with my binds being reset after a game update

I'm a lefty as well, left hand on WASD, spoon in left hand, write with left hand, play various regular (non lefty versions) instruments and open doors with my left hand.

All of the lefties I know are doing the same, don't know a single one that uses his left hand for the mouse, couldn't follow the train of thought because of this probably.

@Roger Dodger

As for constantly losing keybinds simply back up the user profile located in:

C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Your%20User%20Name

Set it up, back it up, when an update overwrites everything simply drag n drop.

Cheers

9 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

I'm a lefty as well, left hand on WASD, spoon in left hand, write with left hand, play various regular (non lefty versions) instruments and open doors with my left hand.

All of the lefties I know are doing the same, don't know a single one that uses his left hand for the mouse, couldn't follow the train of thought because of this probably.

@Roger Dodger

As for constantly losing keybinds simply back up the user profile located in:

C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Your%20User%20Name

Set it up, back it up, when an update overwrites everything simply drag n drop.

Cheers

all the lefties i know use the left hand for everything, including using a mouse (and have issues finding ergonomic left hand mouses, or simply use symmetric ones).

• Like 1

I'm a righty that started playing fps (Doom, Wolfenstein etc.) that don't have mouse control; right hand on numpad for movement and left hand for shooting and strafing (ctrl and alt). When games started to use mouse I kept my right hand on numpad and moved my left hand to the mouse for aiming and shooting. So I play like most lefties.

You can be a righty, lefty and/or ambidextrous, where lefties tend to be more ambidextrous.

Im a right handed person and play using the numpad. I lost all my settings when A3 hanged and I had to force a reboot of my win10. Then I lost all my settings, my user was completely default, key bindings and game settings. I now have my profile backup.

But it's no problem remapping to numpad. As PuFu says you must have something double mapped.

What you cant rebind however is left ctrl combos and some eden/camera controls. So in eden I resigned and use default wasd scheme..