Sign in to follow this  
Misconduct

RPG Hummingbird FFV

Please help. There is a great game mode waiting to happen that simply need the ability to fire an RPG from the bench of a Hummingbird. Can anyone help? PLEASE

15 hours ago, Misconduct said:

the ability to fire an RPG from the bench of a Hummingbird

You do realize that this is far from reality, right? I meant...if you fire a RPG from a bench of a hummingbird you would AT LEAST stun everyone inside, possibly injured some, or worst kill the pilots.

mmmmmm........NOT something I wanna see when I'm inserting in a Hummingbird.

http://www.military.com/video/operations-and-strategy/antitank-weapons/rpg-backblast-downs-libyan-rebel/1409604880001

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@phronk   needs to add that video link to his combat realism scripts thread!!!   (Since he has handled RPG back-blast...)

• Haha 2

Are we also going to ignore the fact that this could potentially increase troll abuse? They could improve their RPG skills on flying hummingbirds. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zagor64bz said:

You do realize that this is far from reality, right? I meant...if you fire a RPG from a bench of a hummingbird you would AT LEAST stun everyone inside, possibly injured some, or worst kill the pilots.

mmmmmm........NOT something I wanna see when I'm inserting in a Hummingbird.

http://www.military.com/video/operations-and-strategy/antitank-weapons/rpg-backblast-downs-libyan-rebel/1409604880001

You do realize that almost no game modes in Arma have any realistic application in real life right?

If realism was an issue for video games, then we need to get rid of King of the Hill, Wasteland, Altis life, respawns of any kind, purchasing military equipment, reviving people who immediately go back into battle and many more.

Perhaps citing what would happen in real life is NOT the way video games should be created...

...especially when Arma is better described as a game creation machine - than a simulator.

I wish people would stop trying to prevent ideas from happening, maybe if this game mode works you could simply not play it.

Suggesting that others cant play it because you don't get it; is like saying I cant have a steak because a baby cant chew it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZackTactical34 said:

Are we also going to ignore the fact that this could potentially increase troll abuse? They could improve their RPG skills on flying hummingbirds. 

Troll abuse is an issue for the servers.

Should KOTH not exist because invincible kids at spawn ram other vehicles, or should those kids just be banned?

i'm not sure that blastback is modeled that accurately in vanilla arma other than visually (and i can't check as i'm still downloading tanks :dozingoff: ) so this could be possible. You'd probably have to mod configs, i think the FFV settings are defined in vehicle config in 'cargoTurrets' section, maybe adding the allowLauncherIn/out property.

Additional properies allowLauncherIn and allowLauncherOut have been added to allow use of launchers in vehicle

If its done at mod level trolling wouldn't be an issue as server/client would need the mod and so everyone would know what helicopter RPG madness they were letting themselves in for :D

the idea of a helicopter RPG dual is not without its appeal...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Misconduct said:

Perhaps citing what would happen in real life is NOT the way video games should be created...

...especially when Arma is better described as a game creation machine - than a simulator.

Perhaps, although is not a simulator, some want to at least give it a resemblance of reality. Also, allowing REALLY UNREALISTIC things to happen is even more annoying that trollers.

Anyway, just to stop the controversy...I hope you find what you're looking for, but is not something I would enjoy in a server.

But if you like that..hey..suit yourself dude.

Zagor out!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, lordfrith said:

i'm not sure that blastback is modeled that accurately in vanilla arma other than visually (and i can't check as i'm still downloading tanks :dozingoff: ) so this could be possible. You'd probably have to mod configs, i think the FFV settings are defined in vehicle config in 'cargoTurrets' section, maybe adding the allowLauncherIn/out property.

If its done at mod level trolling wouldn't be an issue as server/client would need the mod and so everyone would know what helicopter RPG madness they were letting themselves in for :D

the idea of a helicopter RPG dual is not without its appeal...

yeah, this is just for fun. I know a ton of people who would like to play with this, even if its just a mod for friends.

I watched a Twitch Arma modder/developer try to work it out but with no luck.

53 minutes ago, zagor64bz said:

Perhaps, although is not a simulator, some want to at least give it a resemblance of reality. Also, allowing REALLY UNREALISTIC things to happen is even more annoying that trollers.

Anyway, just to stop the controversy...I hope you find what you're looking for, but is not something I would enjoy in a server.

But if you like that..hey..suit yourself dude.

Zagor out!

Yeah don't get me wrong I like milsim sometimes too, and youre right that this would be a bad idea (IRL) but its not really unrealistic, you COULD sit on the side of a heli and do this but the heli would just blow up or the backblast would kill ppl, which should also be an option. I just want all the available options, not just the ones that would be "safe".

I mostly build "serious" missions, but I have a few fun pre-game missions that something like this could figure into. Littlebirds carrying RPG gunners on the benches going at each other deathmatch-style? Sure!

The "but realism" argument is kind of irrelevant. Most missions in Arma are not very realistic (milsim included), and the most popular missions are the least realistic. Arma is a sandbox, do your thing.

• Like 1