FoxFort

Binarize kills path to materials

Hi

I just recently started working with porting A2 model into A3. So Noob here. I set everything right and when I launch my vehicle in unbinarized addon all paths works as planned, no errors etc. So now when i binarize, my vehicle has losses paths to penetration materials which are in a3\data_f\penetration. But rvmats that are included with my vehicle files are there and working fine, only paths to A3 default materials are missing, in my case it points to hit effect. 

Now when my vehicle is hit there is dirt spash effect instead of metal hit effect. (binarized)

Unbinarized it shows correct metal hit effect that it takes from a3 default files.

When I open my binarize p3d and unbinarized p3d via notepad++ or elitness, the paths are the same "a3\data_f\penetration\metal_plate.rvmat", unchanged.

All my paths that point to a3 files are like e.g: "a3\data_f\penetration\metal_plate.rvmat".

So how can I prevent my p3d model losing paths to a3 default files after binarize?

do you use pboproject - if so, no warnings or errors?

do you have the dev setup correctly, in this case the A3 data unpacked in your P drive?

12 hours ago, .kju said:

do you use pboproject - if so, no warnings or errors?

7 hours ago, PuFu said:

do you have the dev setup correctly, in this case the A3 data unpacked in your P drive?

I made P drive and extracted all files via ArmA 3 Tools.

So now on P drive I have "a3" and my "altis_spu" folders.

Inside my "altis_spu" there are two folders: "spu_hind_data" and "spu_hmmwv_data". ("spu_hind_data" will be "spu_hind_data.pbo" and "spu_hmmwv_data" will be "spu_hmmwv_data.pbo")

Inside of "spu_hind_data" and "spu_hmmwv_data" are configs, models, textures etc.

- ADDON BUILDER -

My Path to priject folder is:  "P:\altis_spu"

My Addon source directory is: "P:\altis_spu\spu_hind_data"

Does it look properly setup?

On 4/12/2018 at 5:54 PM, FoxFort said:

- ADDON BUILDER -

My Path to priject folder is:  "P:\altis_spu"

My Addon source directory is: "P:\altis_spu\spu_hind_data"

Does it look properly setup?

Addon builder is well known for being crap and does sod all error reporting. Try packing with pboproject, download an install these https://armaservices.maverick-applications.com/Products/MikerosDosTools/FileBrowserFree also use arma3p from that link to setup your P drive

• Like 1

Yeah, well I decided to feck it, i copied original files that where problematic one from A3 files, put them into my mod and problem solved.