Chris4819

Feature Request: Edit Vehicle Appearance in Zeus

ArmA III has many different vehicles, each with several different available textures. Some like the offroad (and now with the release of Tanks DLC, most armored vehicles as well) even have certain components like doors, camo nets, bags, and supplemental armor that can be added or removed. I love these customization options-- the only problem: it's impossible to edit any of this in-game. My friends and I like to play scenarios using MCC and Zeus to create missions on-the-fly rather than create them beforehand in Eden. This allows for spontaneity and overall shorter prep time. However, Zeus currently lacks the ability to edit vehicle appearance in any way. Currently, if I want an offroad with a different camo pattern or a tank with extra armor around the tracks, I have to edit a scenario to include that specific vehicle for the one missions I will use it in. Adding the ability to customize vehicle appearance to Zeus would go a long way in allowing players like myself to enjoy some of these customization options, especially now that some of them actually have function (e.g. supplemental armor around tank tracks). 

Players had similar complaints after Jets DLC dropped and there was no way to edit the pylons in Zeus, and then that feature was added. It seems like it'd be similarly easy to add this as well. 

TL;DR We should be able to edit vehicle appearance in Zeus like we do in Eden.

^this mod greatly extends zeus and it has exactly what you're asking for and more.

• Like 1

Excellent! I was a long-time user of Ares and didn't know this updated version existed. Thank you, though I still maintain this should be vanilla. What would we do without our mod community

Thing is we want it in game. The reason is because we like playing the vanilla servers and if the vanilla servers allowed ares it would be fine... but they don't and so we have to settle for this terrible Zeus that they haven't edited since they added Zeus. Yes they did allow you to change this with the Admin Debug console but they removed it due to people banning others for weeks, so well done Bohemia.

If you want another option, Zeus Enhanced offers similar options.