callmejaf

Geometry LODs not working.

Hello guys, I am new to modelling here but I am having a problem with my geomtry lods.

I made a basic model (PC case) and I am able to see it in game.

BUT, My geometry lods don't work. I can drive, walk and shoot through my basic model.

I followed a tutorial on youtube and made a basic shape that outlines the model (a cube).

The shape has no non convexities and I did find compunents+ add a mass to the geometry lods.

The author of the video says everything looks good, and that it should work, but it just doesn't and ends up like this.

https://gyazo.com/6c88f9c9807626fa9f897edebfdae96c

I used mikeroe's pboProject to build the PBO and also tried using addon builder.

Still no luck.

Here is a link to my files: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4yu6k1jixv43ixt/JAF_pccase.rar

Any help would be appreciated as I am pulling my hair out right now :dozingoff:

Thanks for reading!

EDIT: I got it to work ONLY when it is under CfgVehicles but it refuses to work under CfgMagazines?

Could anyone please add to this?

I'm gonna take a stab at this and assume that it works sorta the same way clutter does in regards to the class. So you can have a object. Let's say a tree and it will have all lods working. I.E. Geometry LOD and such but the moment you call it via the clutter config the engine ignores those special lods. That's why ai can see you through clutter. Now I get you wouldn't call a tree via the clutter config but it is possible. And for this example it is easy to understand.

now if other cfgmagazine object have geo lods that work I would take a look at a sample model or an a2 mlod that is classed as such 

On 4/11/2018 at 10:55 AM, m1lkm8n said:

now if other cfgmagazine object have geo lods that work I would take a look at a sample model or an a2 mlod that is classed as such 

The of the rest of the magazine models just have an empty geo lod. So I would say magazines don't have collision

Magazines I think are never directly in the world space but they are in the temporary ground holder thingies like all items/weapons when outside inventory.