Build with Addonbuilder

Contextual menu shortcut

I was always annoyed when I had to build my mods or mission. It takes time to start Addonbuilder, enter your path blablabla.

I wanted something quick, we're in 2018 why should it takes more than 30 seconds to build manually something ?

PboManager have this feature in the contextual menu, I wanted the same, here we are.

Image :

Spoiler

lphEMNU.png

Github repository : https://github.com/Lyeed/Build-with-AddonBuilder

Download last version : https://github.com/Lyeed/Build-with-AddonBuilder/releases/tag/v1.0b

Feel free to drop a star on the repository if you like.

Known bugs :

- It seems you can't build directly in the P: drive. You can trick this by not building your folder in the drive's root folder.

Please report any bug or malfunction you may found.

Thanks for your reading and have a nice day

• Like 1

Great idea... But for me, on Windows 7, the installation does not work. No folder is being created, changing the install.bat according to readme does not do anything. The context menu entries are shown (without missing symbol) and the registry entries seem to be added, but beside that no files are being created during installation or executed upon selecting the context menu entry.

22 minutes ago, Belbo said:

Great idea... But for me, on Windows 7, the installation does not work. No folder is being created, changing the install.bat according to readme does not do anything. The context menu entries are shown (without missing symbol) and the registry entries seem to be added, but beside that no files are being created during installation or executed upon selecting the context menu entry.

Is your steam open ? I think it needs to be because of addonbuilder's dependencies
Edit : not really sure about that, will check

Do you have a folder in your %appdata% called BuildWithAddonbuilder ?

If no : during the installation process, do you have any informations about files being copied ?

If yes : could you remplace line 3 with in Build.bat (%appdata%/roaming/BuildWithAddonbuilder/Build.bat)

echo %1 %2 "%~dp2\" -clear -include=%APPDATA%\AddonBuilderContextualMenu\types_included.txt > log.txt

And post the content of your log.txt file

Thanks for your interest !

Oh, I have to back-pedal. I misread your readme - I had to put in the installation location of the AddonBuilder.exe and not where I would want the files from the Build-with-AddonBuilder to be installed to. Works fine now. Classical ID10t error.

• Like 1

Just as a tip I would suggest avoiding Addon Builder with anything else but missions as it lets you pack in all kinds of errors.

Mikeros PboProject is far better in regards of error reporting and ability to produce properly working .PBO

Also never ever pack anything onto P: drive keep it clean from anything else but your development data.

For easy and working tools setup:
https://pmc.editing.wiki/doku.php?id=arma3:tools

• Like 1