d3rrial

Is Wine with DXVK allowed?

I've been playing Arma 3 for a long time, but because the Linux port of it was always incompatible with current servers, I stopped after a while. Recently I've re-installed Arma 3, but with wine, because a new technology (DXVK) came out, which enables D3D11 calls to be mapped to Vulkan calls, improving the performance of quite a few Wine titles. Unfortunately, dxvk requires replacing the original d3d libraries, which I guess can be considered tampering with DX11. So I was wondering if playing with DXVK can get me banned.

7 hours ago, d3rrial said:

I've been playing Arma 3 for a long time, but because the Linux port of it was always incompatible with current servers, I stopped after a while. Recently I've re-installed Arma 3, but with wine, because a new technology (DXVK) came out, which enables D3D11 calls to be mapped to Vulkan calls, improving the performance of quite a few Wine titles. Unfortunately, dxvk requires replacing the original d3d libraries, which I guess can be considered tampering with DX11. So I was wondering if playing with DXVK can get me banned.

Since ban related stuff happens on battleye, why not ask there?

You can always disable battleye anyway, just so you know.

Cheers