HazJ

[Abandoned] [Release] Notification System

2 hours ago, HazJ said:

Taking feature requests, etc.. Anyone? :dontgetit:

I want the next update to be a big one.

Can you make fireworks eject from the message box? It would really grab the player's attention.

Seriously though I can't think of anything at the moment. It's already been a fantastic well needed addon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Floating bubbles around notification

Fireworks around notification animation

Why didn't I think of that? :rofl:

Thanks and let me know if you think of anything.

EDIT: One thing I will add in the next update or so is transitions and the ability to define where to show the notification. Either by precise x/y or keywords. Transitions will be short but cool. I will also add some new styles. Border left, etc...

@AZCoder

Hello, I translate through Google translator, I live in Russia and my knowledge of English can not describe the essence of the problem. For this I translate as follows.
I have a Role Play server and I added your notifications there. I want that when a person writes to your phone you receive your notifications. But you need to do this through the "format". And I can not. I'll send you something. 

switch (_type) do {
	case 0 : {
		hint parseText format ["<t color='#FFCC00'><t size='2'><t align='center'>Новое сообщение<br/><br/><t color='#33CC33'><t align='left'><t size='1'>Кому: <t color='#ffffff'>You<br/><t color='#33CC33'>От кого: <t color='#ffffff'>%1<br/><br/><t color='#33CC33'>Сообщение:<br/><t color='#ffffff'>%2",_from,_msg];

["TextMessage",[format["Вы получили сообщение от %1",_from]]] call bis_fnc_showNotification;
		player say3D "sms";
		systemChat format[">>>Сообщение от %1: %2",_from,_msg];;
	};

Not tested.

["New notification", format ["<t color='#FFCC00'><t size='2'><t align='center'>Новое сообщение<br/><br/><t color='#33CC33'><t align='left'><t size='1'>Кому: <t color='#ffffff'>You<br/><t color='#33CC33'>От кого: <t color='#ffffff'>%1<br/><br/><t color='#33CC33'>Сообщение:<br/><t color='#ffffff'>%2", _from, _msg], [0, 0, 0, 1], [1, 1, 0, 1]] spawn Haz_fnc_createNotification;

Notification message parameter supports structured text.

Could we have

New notifications are added at the bottom of the screen and scroll up as new ones are added underneath it.

This would give the players a better sense of order when there are multiple notifications on screen.

Or, the other way round, they start at the top and scroll down.

Whichever the game chat window flows what be best, I suppose?

• Like 1

Yeah, I am aware of this. This was the only feature request I didn't want to see lol! Just kidding, I'll do it. I'll have a config option to select order (top to bottom or vice versa).

• Like 1

It has been a while since I last updated this. I plan to get back on this very soon. I have created a few tasks on GitHub that will be in the next version. You can see them here:

https://github.com/HazJ/notificationSystem.VR/issues

Feedback welcome. Lastly, if you have any further feature requests. Post here or add to GitHub.

• Like 5

Reference how long the notification should be shown, in the system I was using (and replaced with yours) I counted the characters in the message, and showed it according to that. IIRC, for every 20 chars, the message was shown for a second.

• Like 1

Another feature request for when you're over your jetlag. :)

Can the notification open in expanded mode when the shrunk one is overfilled with text?

If it's not possible to sense text overfill, can it expand when it's sent more than 200 chars?

nah :rofl:

Will add it to GitHub later. You don't get jet lag from Finland -> Germany / Germany - England ! :happy:

This is great. I'd like to use this for Dissension to replace my notification system that doesn't seem to grab user's attention.

I appreciate the hard work! I had working with UI's

EDIT: Possibly an idea (although it's easy to do outside of this...) would be an optional sound to play with the notification displaying.

• Like 2

Sure. Will add it to the to do list also.

5 hours ago, HazJ said:

Sure. Will add it to the to do list also.

Would it be possible to have a default sound, with the optional parameter to play a different sound.

Thanks Haz, hope you got some rest from you flight.

• Like 1

@b2020b

Hello,

Try this. Please note that this project has now been abandoned. I do not have the time for A3 or SQF anymore.

#define DIK_TAB 0x0F
expandShrinkKey = 15;

• Like 1
  • Sad 2