60fLDz8.jpg

Don't rely on anyone - Do it yourself!

This compilated set of simple construction materials was originally created as an addon
to be used exclusively with xCam. Now you can use it with Eden, too! Although i recommend
to use it sparingly in Eden Missions, due to the heavy performance hit in multiplayer when
using a lot of objects. All textures have been carefully crafted and handpainted by myself.

Please note:
If you already use xcam_metal.pbo, xcam_woodworks.pbo and xcam_glass.pbo you wont need this addon.

WIP Thread  http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?182997-Poolpunks-Object-Packs-Work-in-Progress-Thread
Imgur            https://poolpunk.imgur.com/
Tumblr Blog http://poolpunksworkshop.tumblr.com/

Download URLs ( Version 1 )

Download from Armaholic

MddVkw4.jpgkxGrIuT.jpgXU02va1.jpg

kIloLbu.jpgesbQX5P.jpgDG1IFcN.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

ARMA: Constructed Warfare.

Seriously though, this is great thing to start with for people looking to start modeling houses and props.

• Like 3

In fact i sometimes try different building layouts with these as or use it for screenshots where none of the vanilla buildings is suitable.

QhqNXPZ.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Excellent! 

Would you also release this opensource in order to build structures? 

I could see myself easily spending hours wrestling with the eden editor trying to make myself a janky little house or a shack for an FOB. very cool

• Like 1

I couldn't find documentation of the original author of the xCam Objects, so I emailed Silola. He replied, "He (poolpunk) is the Author of all these objects and he was part of the X-Cam team."

Thank you very much for the effort and care that you have put into X-Cam objects and PLP Materials. A friend and I made a multi-story building that would not have been possible without X-Cam objects. The glass, ceiling and floor objects and staircases saved us at the last minute and we were able to run our CQC event on time. It feels great to have more variety and realism in building design in Arma 3.

Have you considered giving permission for derivative works? Assembling many individual objects into a single model would reduce the performance hit in multiplayer. It would also allow custom buildings to maintain a uniform look-and-feel with editor-placed PLP Materials. And an open source license would allow others to assist with the development of PLP Materials. I would suggest the CC BY-NC-SA license. It would also be nice if you would release the source configs, MLODs and original 3D modeler models of the objects so that the quality of the objects stays high after numerous modifications.

Of course, Creative Commons licenses are not perfect for licensing the source code because they don't mention the source code. You might consider using the GPL license. It's possible to add a note that there is a restriction on commercial or military use.

Again, thank you for creating and updating this addon. You are clearly knowledgeable about modern architecture and 3D modeling and texturing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the kind words!

This might actually be a good idea - I have tinkered around with several possibilities and really like the follwing solution - Let me know what you think about it:

Core element is a 'building block'-system of Building Parts that can be combined in Eden/xCam, as well as in Oxygen (Id release the source files in that case, for sure.)
All components that i add to this new package (Let us call it "PLP Building Blocks") should be based on a 2.75m x 2.75m x 2.75m - Grid and require PLP Materials to work.
PLP Materials will house all further textures in a GPU-Friendly 1024px x 1024px - Size. The Building Blocks can then be simply retextured by using Object Builders
'Texture and Material renaming' without the need to fiddle around with UV-Maps again. So based on your skill you can either simply put it down in Eden for a quick round,
simply string them together in Oxygen ("Move x 2,75m") and inherit the config from the PLP Building Blocks or even make a new optimized version of it that only uses the textures from PLP Materials.

I have collected the following categories - Maybe someone knows further ones or sees restrictions i dont see?

Balconies (Plain, French, Loggia, Pillar-supported ..)

Bases (Concrete and Stones, Hills of Soil or Grass, Pillars with Platforms to build on the water for example, Floating, Supported)

Doors (Standardized sizes for one door, double door and garage door, Door Grills)

Floors (Floating)

Ladders

Roofs (Flat and simple Gable roofs .. other ones seem to be too complex to be assembled in a 'block system')

Stairs (Inner ones and ones you can put in front of the main entrance for example)

Walls (Straight, Curved, Angled, Holes for standardized Door and Window-Sizes)

Windows and WIndow Grills (Let us say .. in five different sizes)

I appreciate constructive feedback! :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Any chance of getting this on Armaholic? That zippyshare site looks a little dodgy :)

Case in point

BAIQCl.png

Thanks for the mod btw!

• Like 1

On 12-4-2018 at 8:32 PM, poolpunk said:

Thanks for the kind words!

This might actually be a good idea - I have tinkered around with several possibilities and really like the follwing solution - Let me know what you think about it:

Core element is a 'building block'-system of Building Parts that can be combined in Eden/xCam, as well as in Oxygen (Id release the source files in that case, for sure.)
All components that i add to this new package (Let us call it "PLP Building Blocks") should be based on a 2.75m x 2.75m x 2.75m - Grid and require PLP Materials to work.
PLP Materials will house all further textures in a GPU-Friendly 1024px x 1024px - Size. The Building Blocks can then be simply retextured by using Object Builders
'Texture and Material renaming' without the need to fiddle around with UV-Maps again. So based on your skill you can either simply put it down in Eden for a quick round,
simply string them together in Oxygen ("Move x 2,75m") and inherit the config from the PLP Building Blocks or even make a new optimized version of it that only uses the textures from PLP Materials.

I have collected the following categories - Maybe someone knows further ones or sees restrictions i dont see?

Balconies (Plain, French, Loggia, Pillar-supported ..)

Bases (Concrete and Stones, Hills of Soil or Grass, Pillars with Platforms to build on the water for example, Floating, Supported)

Doors (Standardized sizes for one door, double door and garage door, Door Grills)

Floors (Floating)

Ladders

Roofs (Flat and simple Gable roofs .. other ones seem to be too complex to be assembled in a 'block system')

Stairs (Inner ones and ones you can put in front of the main entrance for example)

Walls (Straight, Curved, Angled, Holes for standardized Door and Window-Sizes)

Windows and WIndow Grills (Let us say .. in five different sizes)

I appreciate constructive feedback! :)

sounds like a good plan. 

What would you like to have feedback about? 

@Rich_R - Sorry for the inconvenience caused - I know that zippyshare's ads can be annoying sometimes :/

I tend to remove the zippyshare link once my addons are on armaholic and Steam. Foxhound should be back online soon, i guess.

@Crielaard - Just wanted to know if this concept looks feasible/reasonable to you guys and if there is more block types you can imagine.

------------

Added Armaholic-mirror to first post!

• Like 1

Not a biggie about zippy link, I appreciate your hard work. I should've checked Steam before posting. We're all good ;)

• Like 1

Excelente ideia, muito reminiscente de conceitos de lego, se tivéssemos outros itens como janelas, tipos de paredes e telhados ... Eu acredito que seria possível construir micro cenários para incursões estilo swat! Bom trabalho!!!
Great idea, very reminiscent of lego concepts, if we had other items like windows, types of walls and roofs ... I believe it would be possible to build micro scenarios for swat style incursions! Good job!!!
I'm exploring the use of this great mod, but Arma3 does not accept very large quantities of objects, even using the simple object command.

Arsenal Cage
Embassy