Dan Bar

Format hint write more than 1 line

Hi im trying to get a format hint to have more than 1 line i got 3 scripts that i want to combine in 1 line and im not sure if its even a thing

these are the scripts

(weed, cocaine, dirtycash.. they are in the init.sqf set to 0 each one the script works perfectly but i want the hint to be in just one line without the "sleep 1;")

hint format ["I've got %1 grams of weed",weed];
sleep 2;
hint format ["I've got %1 grams of coke",cocaine];
sleep 2;
hint format ["I've got %1 Dirty money",dirtycash];
sleep 2;
hint "";

• Like 1

Do you mean like:

One
Two
Three

hintSilent "One\nTwo\nThree"; // hintSilent is the same as hint except without the annoying sound

Also, hints will override each other, you can create a custom queue system to avoid this or a new notification of your own. I personally don't use hint except for sometimes quick lazy debugging. If you understand SQF and feel comportable / experienced with it then you can create custom things like:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HazJ said:

Do you mean like:

hintSilent "One\nTwo\nThree"; // hintSilent is the same as hint except without the annoying sound

Also, hints will override each other, you can create a custom queue system to avoid this or a new notification of your own. I personally don't use hint except for sometimes quick lazy debugging. If you understand SQF and feel comportable / experienced with it then you can create custom things like:

Hi the hintSilent you gave me is working but not the way i want it to.

and the video you uploaded is super dope! and i want to use this notification thingy XD

but when i up it in the debug menu it gives me an error

"Error undefined variable in expression : client_fnc_createNotification;"

do i need to add anything to my mission folder for it to work?

Yeah, it is custom made. I might share it for everyone but I still need to do a few things on it. You don't have the function nor is it defined. That is why you get the error. With the hint, what do you want to happen exactly? \n should make a new line. If you have separate hints then as I said, they will override unless you make a queue system. Store previous message that you used in hint and then add it in format along with new message. @Tankbuster has done this so maybe he can give share something to start you off?

hint format ["I've got %1 grams of weed\nI've got %2 grams of coke\nI've got %3 Dirty money",weed,coke, dirtycash];

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HazJ said:

Yeah, it is custom made. I might share it for everyone but I still need to do a few things on it. You don't have the function nor is it defined. That is why you get the error. With the hint, what do you want to happen exactly? \n should make a new line. If you have separate hints then as I said, they will override unless you make a queue system. Store previous message that you used in hint and then add it in format along with new message. @Tankbuster has done this so maybe he can give share something to start you off?

I've done a hint queueing system, but the original post seems to be asking for all the output in one hint, which is what I did above. I think he's more interested in your notifications, and quite rightly so. They nice. :)

• Like 1

I want to release it but not in this state. You cannot see anything wrong in the video but here is the TODO list (planned):

Notification system TODO:
- (started) Complete queue system: Remove top and push the rest up
- Add toggle key press: Expand out to the right to show more information (inspired by advHint which expanded down) or vice versa
- Adjustments
- Add options to config

I do come to start but then just end up getting side tracked on other things or mainly Netflix lol. I finish late on weekdays where I code all day so that sometimes makes me not want to code, especially in SQF.

@Tankbuster

• Like 1

Released.

Very early version.

- (started) Complete queue system: Remove top and push the rest up