Sign in to follow this  
groshnak

How to execute spawn BIS_fnc_typeText2 globally?

I'm having troble getting this "spawn BIS_fnc_typeText2" command to show globally - im running it from a script that is local to the player and i would like all other players to see it too. Using triggers for it is a bit clumsy, is there any way to use it from a script so that everyone would see it? I know i could use remoteExec ["hint"] and that works, but i like the way i can format typetext.

If you're using Bis_fnc_typedText2 this is one way of doing it:
_text = [ ["CAMP ROGAIN,","align = 'center' shadow = '1' size = '0.7' font='PuristaBold'"], ["RESSUPLY POINT","align = 'center' shadow = '1' size = '0.7'","#aaaaaa"], ["","<br/>"], ["10 MINUTES LATER ...","align = 'center' shadow = '1' size = '1.0'"] ];
[_text, BIS_fnc_typeText2] remoteExec ["spawn", 0, false];

(I just copy pasted the text from here in the _text variable, you can do have whatever you want in there.)

• Like 2

remoteExec works with all pre-compiled functions directly, no need to spawn. 

Just do: 

_yourArguments remoteExec ["BIS_fnc_typeText2"];

This way the code to be executed isn't transmitted over the network, only the argument is, saving on valuable network traffic. We can get away with this since the all BIS functions are already compiled on each machine at mission start.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, got it working. Sometimes simple things like this have just too many ways to do them to find out the one that works.

In case someone is struggling with the same thing this is the complete command i used to make it work with some formatting in it:

_any =[[["Time left:","align = 'center' size = '0.7' font='PuristaBold'"],[" ","align = 'center' size = '0.7'","#aaaaaa"],["","<br/>"],[str (timeleft),"align = 'center' size = '0.7'"]]] remoteExec ["BIS_fnc_typeText2"];