Nikoladis

How do I set required mods in a scenario?

Lets say I am making a scenario.
I use some custom mod unit in it.
I publish to workshop, and in the workshop I add the mods the scenario needs.

That all fine, but if a user forgets to enable a mod when wanting to run the scenario, he just gets some errors.
How do I get arma to prompt him with message saying something like: "This scenario requires mod X and Y please install/enable those before you can play this scenario"
Is there not some build in function that does that?

9 minutes ago, Nikoladis said:

Lets say I am making a scenario.
I use some custom mod unit in it.
I publish to workshop, and in the workshop I add the mods the scenario needs.

That all fine, but if a user forgets to enable a mod when wanting to run the scenario, he just gets some errors.
How do I get arma to prompt him with message saying something like: "This scenario requires mod X and Y please install/enable those before you can play this scenario"
Is there not some build in function that does that?

If I remember correctly, if you publish it through steam you can select all the DLC needed to play, other than that in terms of mods, as soon as someone opens the mission it automatically tells them the prerequisites needed for the mission... That may have changed I don't quite remember but that's how I think it works... Best way to test it is to unload the mod through the launcher and try running the mission (NOT THROUGH THE EDITOR) but rather export it to SP and try running it without the mods and see what you get... Let me know if it works :D

Yes, when I publish I can tell it which official DLCs, but not user-made ones.

55 minutes ago, Nikoladis said:

NO0rC9b.png

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Nikoladis said:

So when publishing the mod either A: Make a list of prerequisites and needed addons through steam workshop... If the mods you're using aren't on steam workshop make sure to link them in the description... Or B: Include a ReadMe.txt file in the mission and mention in the description to obviously, read that... And in the 'ReadMe' link the mods and list them as requirements for the mission... Assuming you'll just pick the first option I stated I hope this helps you out :)

Just to make sure. I just tested it:

I subscribed to my own scenario in workshop.
Made sure I was missing one of the mods it needed. (and yes, I had told workshop that it was needed)

Result: Errors when running scenario.

11 hours ago, Nikoladis said:

Just to make sure. I just tested it:

I subscribed to my own scenario in workshop.
Made sure I was missing one of the mods it needed. (and yes, I had told workshop that it was needed)

Result: Errors when running scenario.

So if you told workshop it was needed correctly, it would tell the steam user that required content needs to be downloaded before using it... If its difficult to do then just mention it in the description AND make a 'ReadMe' text file in the mission documents so that way (in theory and hopefully) the person playing would have enough common sense to read at least one of them... In the event that they don't and get the mission error then I'm sure they'll look in the description etc... If you plan on releasing it here to make sure to mention the mods needed before anything else and then you can tell us what its about... Also make sure to link them in the 'ReadMe' and in the description and here if you plan on putting it here... Hope this helps again!