I am hoping the community can help me out.  I recently found a script that places a map maker on units as they move around the map.  In the script there was a section that displayed TypeOf the vehicle the marker was attached to.  You also had the ability to customized (Color, Shape, etc) the marker that followed.  I unfortunately deleted the file that I now I can not find it.

Can anyone help me find that script or know of a way to do it.

Thanks

Hazj unfortunately that is not what I was looking.  This particular thing was a single single that I pasted into each of the units/vehicles I wanted to keep an eye on in GPS.  It was not an add-on.

Thank you though

I have a very easy script that you put in the Mission description that you can pick from any of the in-game marker types you can change the color and size. The mark will follow the units around with the in game stand unit icon. When the unit is unconscious the marker will still be on the map at the location. 

I made this code block to use with a mission I made that has four playable squads with 12 units in each squad all playable and with Teamswitch enable. Each Squad had it's own color and indicated unit type ie AT unit AA engineer medic ect using the in-game  types found in the editor.

This was made for infantry units if it sounds like something you can use I will post the code later tonight

1 hour ago, obrien979 said:

Hazj unfortunately that is not what I was looking.  This particular thing was a single single that I pasted into each of the units/vehicles I wanted to keep an eye on in GPS.  It was not an add-on.

Thank you though

That is a script, not an addon. I will need more info else I can't help find it. :P

• Like 1

On 4/6/2018 at 10:01 PM, avibird 1 said:

I have a very easy script that you put in the Mission description that you can pick from any of the in-game marker types you can change the color and size. The mark will follow the units around with the in game stand unit icon. When the unit is unconscious the marker will still be on the map at the location. 

I made this code block to use with a mission I made that has four playable squads with 12 units in each squad all playable and with Teamswitch enable. Each Squad had it's own color and indicated unit type ie AT unit AA engineer medic ect using the in-game  types found in the editor.

This was made for infantry units if it sounds like something you can use I will post the code later tonight

Yeah I would be willing to check that out.  Thank You

//Map markers for Playable units**********

[] spawn {while {not isnull Bird_Company_Cap} do {"Bird_Company_Capmk" setmarkerpos getpos Bird_Company_Cap; sleep 0.5;};};

[] spawn {while {not isnull Raven_SL} do {"Raven_SLmk" setmarkerpos getpos Raven_SL; sleep 0.5;};};
[] spawn {while {not isnull Raven_GL} do {"Raven_GLmk" setmarkerpos getpos Raven_GL; sleep 0.5;};};
[] spawn {while {not isnull Raven_MM} do {"Raven_MMmk" setmarkerpos getpos Raven_MM; sleep 0.5;};};
[] spawn {while {not isnull Raven_MG} do {"Raven_MGmk" setmarkerpos getpos Raven_MG; sleep 0.5;};};
[] spawn {while {not isnull Raven_RAT} do {"Raven_RATmk" setmarkerpos getpos Raven_RAT; sleep 0.5;};};
[] spawn {while {not isnull Raven_RS} do {"Raven_RSmk" setmarkerpos getpos Raven_RS; sleep 0.5;};};
[] spawn {while {not isnull Raven_ES} do {"Raven_ESmk" setmarkerpos getpos Raven_ES; sleep 0.5;};};
[] spawn {while {not isnull Raven_AT} do {"Raven_ATmk" setmarkerpos getpos Raven_AT; sleep 0.5;};};
[] spawn {while {not isnull Raven_AA} do {"Raven_AAmk" setmarkerpos getpos Raven_AA; sleep 0.5;};};
[] spawn {while {not isnull Raven_RO} do {"Raven_ROmk" setmarkerpos getpos Raven_RO; sleep 0.5;};};
[] spawn {while {not isnull Raven_MED} do {"Raven_MEDmk" setmarkerpos getpos Raven_MED; sleep 0.5;};};
[] spawn {while {not isnull Raven_AMED} do {"Raven_AMEDmk" setmarkerpos getpos Raven_AMED; sleep 0.5;};};

[] spawn {while {not isnull Falcon_SL} do {"Falcon_SLmk" setmarkerpos getpos Falcon_SL; sleep 0.5;};};
[] spawn {while {not isnull Falcon_GL} do {"Falcon_GLmk" setmarkerpos getpos Falcon_GL; sleep 0.5;};};
[] spawn {while {not isnull Falcon_MM} do {"Falcon_MMmk" setmarkerpos getpos Falcon_MM; sleep 0.5;};};
[] spawn {while {not isnull Falcon_MG} do {"Falcon_MGmk" setmarkerpos getpos Falcon_MG; sleep 0.5;};};
[] spawn {while {not isnull Falcon_RAT} do {"Falcon_RATmk" setmarkerpos getpos Falcon_RAT; sleep 0.5;};};
[] spawn {while {not isnull Falcon_RS} do {"Falcon_RSmk" setmarkerpos getpos Falcon_RS; sleep 0.5;};};
[] spawn {while {not isnull Falcon_ES} do {"Falcon_ESmk" setmarkerpos getpos Falcon_ES; sleep 0.5;};};
[] spawn {while {not isnull Falcon_AT} do {"Falcon_ATmk" setmarkerpos getpos Falcon_AT; sleep 0.5;};};
[] spawn {while {not isnull Falcon_AA} do {"Falcon_AAmk" setmarkerpos getpos Falcon_AA; sleep 0.5;};};
[] spawn {while {not isnull Falcon_RO} do {"Falcon_ROmk" setmarkerpos getpos Falcon_RO; sleep 0.5;};};
[] spawn {while {not isnull Falcon_MED} do {"Falcon_MEDmk" setmarkerpos getpos Falcon_MED; sleep 0.5;};};
[] spawn {while {not isnull Falcon_AMED} do {"Falcon_AMEDmk" setmarkerpos getpos Falcon_AMED; sleep 0.5;};};

[] spawn {while {not isnull Cardinal_Com} do {"Cardinal_Commk" setmarkerpos getpos Cardinal_Com; sleep 0.5;};};
[] spawn {while {not isnull Cardinal_Crew2} do {"Cardinal_Crew2mk" setmarkerpos getpos Cardinal_Crew2; sleep 0.5;};};
[] spawn {while {not isnull Cardinal_Crew3} do {"Cardinal_Crew3mk" setmarkerpos getpos Cardinal_Crew3; sleep 0.5;};};
[] spawn {while {not isnull Cardinal_Crew4} do {"Cardinal_Crew4mk" setmarkerpos getpos Cardinal_Crew4; sleep 0.5;};};
[] spawn {while {not isnull Cardinal_Crew5} do {"Cardinal_Crew5mk" setmarkerpos getpos Cardinal_Crew5; sleep 0.5;};};
[] spawn {while {not isnull Cardinal_Crew6} do {"Cardinal_Crew6mk" setmarkerpos getpos Cardinal_Crew6; sleep 0.5;};};
[] spawn {while {not isnull Cardinal_Crew7} do {"Cardinal_Crew7mk" setmarkerpos getpos Cardinal_Crew7; sleep 0.5;};};
[] spawn {while {not isnull Cardinal_Crew8} do {"Cardinal_Crew8mk" setmarkerpos getpos Cardinal_Crew8; sleep 0.5;};};
[] spawn {while {not isnull Cardinal_Crew9} do {"Cardinal_Crew9mk" setmarkerpos getpos Cardinal_Crew9; sleep 0.5;};};
[] spawn {while {not isnull Cardinal_Crew10} do {"Cardinal_Crew10mk" setmarkerpos getpos Cardinal_Crew10; sleep 0.5;};};
[] spawn {while {not isnull Cardinal_Crew11} do {"Cardinal_Crew11mk" setmarkerpos getpos Cardinal_Crew11; sleep 0.5;};};
[] spawn {while {not isnull Cardinal_Crew12} do {"Cardinal_Crew12mk" setmarkerpos getpos Cardinal_Crew12; sleep 0.5;};};

//Map markers for Playable units********** 

@obrien979

Put this format in your mission.init   The names of the markers can be anything you want. For example my first unit is the Company cap  Bird_Company_Cap

Now go into your editor under F5 marker type and put what you want from the list of available markers. You can change color and size. Place the markers on the map with units names and then go to each units init and put the name in the VARIABLE NAME section of that unit.

Now if you want the marker to be deleted when units are dead place a Trigger down on the map with

type- none

Act- anybody

Act- type Anybody

Condition- !Alive"name of unit"

On Activation - Deletemarker "name of marker"

The markers will follow the units around along with the in-game standard unit icon and be removed when units is dead.

Have fun with this very easy and simple marker script Avibird.