AZCoder

[sp camp] Gambit Royale

@AZCoder I don’t mean to be beta testing your Steam page but you should add some screenshots at the very least and maybe a video like you did for Shadow Fall. I feel like Steam users need the decoration to commit to the subscription.

• Thanks 1

I was in a hurry to go to a bbq. Grilled chicken, potatoes, and toast, it was good.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Awesome as ever, AZCoder.... loved the WTF moments and the emotional gravitas of Ian, nice contrast with Denmark´s irony and niilism (I´ve realised I haven´t played Gambit Royale throughly on ArmA2, after the Takistan part I couldn´t recall this wonderfull campaign, or have you rewrote it a lot? Anyways, was fresh as new to me =)

Anxious for the third installment, Dark Tides (maybe some easter egg of Cojones on this one? or any other Johnnyboy´s memorable characters?)

Keep it up, keep it great!

Cheers  

• Like 4

@corporal_lib[br] Wow .... I'm so happy that you see that character contrast. The original 2011 campaign had little character development. I totally redid Gambit in 2012 and put more into it, but after that I played Blacklands by @Undeceived and his depth of characters blew me away. So I decided to focus more on the characters when I did Shadow Fall and obviously here in Gambit.

I have started playing with some "crazy" ideas for the 3rd campaign. Fun stuff. The campaign will generally be very dark (it's in the title) but it will have some fluffy fun in it as well.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, AZCoder said:

I have started playing with some "crazy" ideas for the 3rd campaign. Fun stuff. The campaign will generally be very dark (it's in the title) but it will have some fluffy fun in it as well.

Nice, this balance between moods will make the campaign flows even better, all this passion and atention to detail makes the user made campaigns the best out there, like IndeedPete´s Mercs, Undecieved´s Underdogs, Ted_hou´s Whom the Bell tolls, yours, etc etc

Gets me even more pumped for Dark Tides :eyeheart: 

Cheers

PS: The Seattle terrain is the TOH Seattle or just a makeshift area for that memorial scene? If I go to MP setup, that terrain lists missions from Bystrika... and do we ever get to see Natalya? Ypu´ve used Max Women on both campaigns and RHS has female radio protocol... anyways, thanks for adding some chicks - thou secundarily - in this big sausage party that is arma3 lol =) 

• Like 1

Congrats on rocketing to 4 stars so fast! 

Royal_Gambit4stars.jpg

Hopefully this will maintain a steady march to a well deserved 5 stars.  I've googled this and can't find an answer on what the 5 star threshold is, but I saw the VietCong mission made 5 stars quickly, and when I first noticed that, it had 172 ratings.  So threshold lies somewhere between 127 and 172.   My guess is 150.  Good luck mate!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

It's been roughly a month since release and to my surprise, I have had no bug reports. The reaction on the workshop has been quite positive overall. My beta testers made this possible.

I have started work on the 3rd campaign Dark Tides, although it's still very early development, mostly testing ideas. It should be released sometime in 2019.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hey AZCOder... Think I´ve found some Chinese Counterfeit copy of your novel... I mean, campaign

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1575820437

I guess it is "Gambit  Royale"´s chinese adaptation as it states it is "Gates of Armaggedon Pt 2"... were you aware of it, or just ripped off?

Anxious for the Third part (done by you, not some shady chinese dude lol)

Cheers!

He asked to distribute a Chinese translation, so it's ok. I'm impressed you found that. Now a billion more players can enjoy it :don11:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, AZCoder said:

He asked to distribute a Chinese translation, so it's ok. I'm impressed you found that. Now a billion more players can enjoy it :don11:

Ohhh I couldn´t find a credit to you (maybe it´s on the chinese part of the description), so I had my suspicions... glad it was a simple missunderstood! AZCoder campaign has just broken the Long Wall (pun intended) lol

Keep up the great work (on the upcoming third part lol)

Cheers!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

He will also translate Shadow Fall.

I'm not too uptight about it, I was impressed that he asked. I build missions that rely on the work of modders and I'm grateful.

• Like 3

I just double-checked and he has a link to my original version and my website too.

• Like 1

When I try to launch a mission through the editor, nothing happens, just a black screen?

What do you mean launch through the editor? The campaign is an add-on, won't run any other way.

I like to play through the editor, that way I can change loadouts and vehicles. Usually I dePBO the missions, put them in the editorfolder then play from there. I guess if I want to change some cosmetic thing in your campaigns, I need to do that in the editor, then pbo the files and run them as you intended?

Hope you dont get insulted, it's just the way I have been playing Arma sine 2001? Your stuff seems really good, btw!

You'll need to run it as an addon to get all of the dependencies loaded. At that point it should work in the editor.

Can't believe I didn't noticed, that you released this earlier! I have played some missions and it is an enjoyement, however I came across a problem:
 In Mission Turbulence, I had to destroy armour. I did it with MAAWS launcher. A cutscene started with two civilians and sentence: Hey, Did you just see that? and then they just kept standing there and nothing happend. When I tryed to load I could not do enything with my character. I had to go back to menu and continue the campaign from there. I tried to reload it like this 5 times, but result was always the same.
For now I just forced it with endmission cheat. Could it be just becouse I've got a weak processor?

16 minutes ago, SlovakianLynx said:

Could it be just becouse I've got a weak processor?

Might be a problem with latest revision of Arma.  I noticed a new bug in my Razing Cain mission after latest revision (an invincible gendarme was standing near a burning vehicle, it should have been a hidden unit that player never sees...something weird in latest update caused it).

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, SlovakianLynx said:

Can't believe I didn't noticed, that you released this earlier! I have played some missions and it is an enjoyement, however I came across a problem:
 In Mission Turbulence, I had to destroy armour. I did it with MAAWS launcher. A cutscene started with two civilians and sentence: Hey, Did you just see that? and then they just kept standing there and nothing happend. When I tryed to load I could not do enything with my character. I had to go back to menu and continue the campaign from there. I tried to reload it like this 5 times, but result was always the same.
For now I just forced it with endmission cheat. Could it be just becouse I've got a weak processor?

Sounds like a rare bug. Well you didn't miss much, that's the end of the mission. Typically the armor is taken care of for you so the path you did is not well tested to be honest.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replys guys.

I have noticed, that ArmA is acting strangely in the last days. 

I thought it's sopose to be the ending, thats why I forced it.

Dark Tides is under construction, quite a ways to go, but here are the first teaser pics. You can learn a lot about the content of the campaign if you look carefully.

jumping.jpg

Russian Paratroopers over Moschnyi

Disco.jpg

Denmark at a disco

breakout.jpg

Prison breakout

Moschnyi.jpg

Sunrise on Moschnyi

PecherSnow.jpg

Snowing in Pecher

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, SlovakianLynx said:

Hold on, someone has ported Moschnyi to ArmA 3? That one and Zernovo ware my favourite ArmA 2 maps.

I don't think they have been officially ported, however all maps from the Green Sea Expansion Project work just fine if you run them along side CUP Core/CUP Maps. 

• Like 1