Sign in to follow this  
Victim_913

Tips for Virgin Terrain

My map was created using L3dt. Im wondering if anyone has any tips to make the satellite texture look real. Most maps have a real sat map that has different colors, textures, roads, etc. on them while  new terrain is pretty much 1 color. For this, I am not talking about the mask with layers textures etc. I notice diff shapes and patterns that are difficult to replicate while still looking authentic. different fields, farms, forests, etc.

I know how to do this in gimp/photoshop but i'm sure some of you have good suggestions that you worked through.

Again, I don't need a painter tool, just a technique or something. The painter tool suggested to me will be good for the mask textures. I thought of adding this question to my thread for mask creation, but I thought this separate thread might make it easier to search for others.

Thanks

HorribleGoat posted about this the other day on Discord. You would better coming on there and asking, as you would get more help. These forums are kinda dead

On ‎02‎.‎04‎.‎2018 at 6:54 PM, RoF said:

HorribleGoat posted about this the other day on Discord. You would better coming on there and asking, as you would get more help. These forums are kinda dead

well not really dead, but in general you´re right. Help is faster and better provided on Discord.

On ‎02‎.‎04‎.‎2018 at 9:29 AM, Victim_913 said:
Spoiler

My map was created using L3dt. Im wondering if anyone has any tips to make the satellite texture look real. Most maps have a real sat map that has different colors, textures, roads, etc. on them while  new terrain is pretty much 1 color. For this, I am not talking about the mask with layers textures etc. I notice diff shapes and patterns that are difficult to replicate while still looking authentic. different fields, farms, forests, etc.

I know how to do this in gimp/photoshop but i'm sure some of you have good suggestions that you worked through.

Again, I don't need a painter tool, just a technique or something. The painter tool suggested to me will be good for the mask textures. I thought of adding this question to my thread for mask creation, but I thought this separate thread might make it easier to search for others.

Thanks

But as I´m already writing here, I can help out as much as I can do.

I´m currently working on a map that has no real place origins, it´s completely free created from scratch by using L3DT as well.

My SatMap looks actually quite cool (my own opinion of course :don11:) although it´s selfmade.

If you´re interested so I can give you a Hand by using Discord, TS or whatever you prefer. I consider my self to have enough experiences to share the one or other thing I know. The Community helped my out much as well, so why shall I not do the same. Just shoot me a message if you´re interested.