Stryker35

Dedicated Server - "Connecting Failed"

So I have been scouring forums looking for a potential solution to a problem I'm having. My buddy has a second machine in his house running as a dedicated server using Arma Remote Admin for the setup and moderation of it. All of the ports that need to be open are done so, and connecting is not an issue. We've loaded up a mission and had multiple people from our team on there no problem.

The issue comes when after the server sits for approximately 40 minutes or so idle. If there is no one in there, after about 40 minutes it gives anyone trying to connect/reconnect the "Connecting Failed" error. The server doesn't even see these people trying to conn/re-conn. It takes a restart of the server for anyone to be able to reconnect again. 

Both my buddy and myself have gone over every setting and cannot figure this out. We've had to disable Battleye just to be able to get people to connect as that was causing an issue, but now this issue is just frustrating.

Anyone ever run into this before? 

server.cfg:

hostname = "3rd Special Forces Group Training Server |ts.3rdsfg.us";
password = "";
logFile = "server_console.log";
motd[] = {};
motdInterval = 5;
maxPlayers = 50;
kickDuplicate = 1;
verifySignatures = 0;
equalModRequired = 0;
upnp = 1;
allowedFilePatching = 0;
voteMissionPlayers = 50000;
voteThreshold = 1.5;
allowedVoteCmds[] = {};
disableVoN = 1;
vonCodec = 1;
vonCodecQuality = 30;
persistent = 1;
timeStampFormat = "short";
BattlEye = 0;
allowedLoadFileExtensions[] = {"hpp","sqs","sqf","fsm","cpp","paa","txt","xml","inc","ext","sqm","ods","fxy","lip","csv","kb","bik","bikb","html","htm","biedi"};
allowedPreprocessFileExtensions[] = {"hpp","sqs","sqf","fsm","cpp","paa","txt","xml","inc","ext","sqm","ods","fxy","lip","csv","kb","bik","bikb","html","htm","biedi"};
allowedHTMLLoadExtensions[] = {"htm","html","xml","txt"};
disconnectTimeout = 5;
onUserConnected = "";
onUserDisconnected = "";
doubleIdDetected = "";
onUnsignedData = "kick (_this select 0)";
onHackedData = "kick (_this select 0)";
onDifferentData = "";
missionWhitelist[] = {};

Does it work from within the LAN environment (through direct ip connection)?

On 04/04/2018 at 4:47 PM, gutiarhero814 said:

bump

Please don't bump threads. I've moved your thread to the Server section so that you may get a better response. 

At a quick glance this may be some form of power saving mode on either a switch, router or the hardware side of the server. 

It sounds like it isnt listenbing for any incoming connections after a certain time of inactivity

Go through all your settings including the BIOS and make sure you don't have any eco modes turned on and see if that solves the problem