Absorber

Arma lags too much, pelase help

Hi everyone, Im experiencing very high lagging like in range from 3 to mostly 25 FPS in multiplayer, and in singleplayer with no bots its about 30 to 35 FPS and it depends on how many AI I spawn.
I have Radeon RX 550 4GB GDDR5  graphic card,10 GB DDR 3 RAM and AMD`s CPU A8-5600k whose fan was broken accidently and replaced with some other and now it runs on 64 degrees out of 77 max how Core Temp says.

I want you to tell me about your experience and suggest me what to do cause i believe i have too good hardware for that kind of performance ( I believed its about that AMD`s processor, but on net it says its better than Intel pentium G3450 which my friend has and he runs multiplayer between 35 and 60 fps (he has radeon R7 graphics with smaller amount of that GPU RAM and 8 GB of PC RAM).

Thank you for advices.

It's more than likely your HD.  If you are running a mechanical HD I would strongly urge you to upgrade to a Solid State HD.  That will eliminate that lag problem.  Whats happing is, A3 is outrunning your mechanical HD.  Basically, it can't keep up.

Try this guide to increase your FPS and overall game performance.  It's the best one out there.

Be sure to follow the Nvidia guide in the description to get the most out of your card.

So it means it is something wrong with my hard drive (500GB), do I have to buy the new one wtf ? I wasnt even thinking about what connection can hard drive have with game running except if it is enough space for its installation ?

What kind of HD do you have? Need the brand and whether it's mechanical (7200 RPM) or Solid State.

Its "TOSHIBA DT01ACA050 ATA Device", it is spared to C: and D: local discs and i dont know yet how to check this RPM

Get you a good solid state HD and follow the guide above and your problems will go away.

Scott out!

if you get lags while driving around or flying around by plane (or with editor camera) , then its hard drive related  -> read speed is too slow to load all the data.

If you get lags and low fps in combat while beeing mostly stationary then it's not the HDD. Using too high object draw distance can have massive effects on performance.

Badly optimized missions are also sometimes the cause of poor performance on Multiplayer servers.

But is it even possible to have 13 to 24 max fps on 64 palyers server with HDD 500GB (not SSD, but anyway), RX 550 4GB GDDR5, AMD A8-5600k quad core 3.6 GHz, and 10 GB of DDR3 RAM.
My friend with lower hardware (at least i think it is) has 35-60 FPS on the server in which in the same time i have 13-3-25 FPS. His specs. are: Intel pentium G3450 3.4 GHz dual core, 8GB DDR3 RAM, R7 240 GPU 4GB DDR3 and 1TB of HDD (not SSD).

His PC is much more silent, on my once upon a time i accidentally broke one wing of the cpu fan and replaced this fan with some random took of my old pc. This "new" fan was bigger and not fit in so i improvised it to stay in place in touch with the cooler.
So i dont know how my thermal situation was earlier but now when i play arma 3 it goes from 57 - 68 - 72 cels. degrees out of 77 limit.
I would ask you if you think that temperature is real ultra high so i need to buy brand new cooler or the fan that fits in my current cooler, or this abnormality is caused by some other factors (my processor is too old so i have to buy  i7 or smtng).

if you use arma 3 on a normal HD then make sure that you defragment that drive every time a arma patch is released

this can and will help also for the problem you describe

On 4/2/2018 at 6:55 PM, Absorber said:

But is it even possible to have 13 to 24 max fps on 64 palyers server with HDD 500GB (not SSD, but anyway), RX 550 4GB GDDR5, AMD A8-5600k quad core 3.6 GHz, and 10 GB of DDR3 RAM.
My friend with lower hardware (at least i think it is) has 35-60 FPS on the server in which in the same time i have 13-3-25 FPS. His specs. are: Intel pentium G3450 3.4 GHz dual core, 8GB DDR3 RAM, R7 240 GPU 4GB DDR3 and 1TB of HDD (not SSD).

His PC is much more silent, on my once upon a time i accidentally broke one wing of the cpu fan and replaced this fan with some random took of my old pc. This "new" fan was bigger and not fit in so i improvised it to stay in place in touch with the cooler.
So i dont know how my thermal situation was earlier but now when i play arma 3 it goes from 57 - 68 - 72 cels. degrees out of 77 limit.
I would ask you if you think that temperature is real ultra high so i need to buy brand new cooler or the fan that fits in my current cooler, or this abnormality is caused by some other factors (my processor is too old so i have to buy  i7 or smtng).

If you want an even better increase... Disable shadowing... This works with any game that uses shadows for an ambiance effect, if you disable it you wont really notice a difference other than just no shadows... It greatly increases your FPS though and lag... I used to have to play like that but as I got better computer equipment shadow became manageable... Good luck and hope this helps you!