Sign in to follow this  
shadow

Patch 1.91 beta/final feedback

The new resistance sniper is a good adition... but his AI is somehow wrong he does not engage at long range! (making this AI unit useless). In addition he shoots tracer bullits (with tracers switched off, same bug as kolicze shotgun). The reloading sound is just as loud as the shot which is verry strange at long distance.

The flickering textures / flickering shadows problem is not fixed yet.

... four months and counting...

I wonder if we'll ever see the turn in/turn out option in the Shilka confused.gif

Cuz I saw the AI driver turn out recently.

Put a Shilka on "safe"

Kill the commander and gunner with a silenced weapon from the side. Then walk up front/side of the tank and wait a few seconds and the driver will open his hatch and close it again if he see you. That coward LOL biggrin.gif

Also the tank barrels/m2 barrels jerking around should be fixed asap. If i remember correctly the same problem was in some other version aswell but it was fixed, but now it´s back and it´s pretty annoying.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Put a Shilka on "safe"

Kill the commander and gunner with a silenced weapon from the side. Then walk up front/side of the tank and wait a few seconds and the driver will open his hatch and close it again if he see you. <span id='postcolor'>

Put the Shilka on "careless" kill commander and gunner wait for the driver to open his hatch and kill him. Now enter the commanders position and switch to driver position.... You can drive around in the open driver position now! I wonder why it has to be so complicated??

Other old models that could be improved:

-ironsight for the MGJeep

-replace the M2east

Anyone having sound problems? I'm assuming that since I have sound problems in full auto using version 1.90, I'll have them in 1.91. Its only for the player. AI full auto is normal but the player doesn't have any sound.

i never had that problem but i do have sound problems aswell

i can hear my AI (in group) getting injured and sometimes tank fire

anyway they should fix this :

1. drive a tank and flip it over

2. manual fire

3. keep pressing the fire button and/or left mouse button

4. when doing this fast enough the tank will speed up like 100 - 200 while flipped over

because : when shooting it bounces back a little like normal tank fire but it doesnt really fire so it doesnt have to reload

I just installed 1.91 beta and now when i turn the game on it asks for the original cd. I'm using the original cd. Something is definitely wrong. Probably because I'm running a polish patch i bet. There is no American patch version though. Why does 1.91 do this?

There is US/EU version 1.91 - Beta available at our download page. You need to use this if you own US/EU Resistance.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ Jan. 13 2003,05:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I just installed 1.91 beta and now when i turn the game on it asks for the original cd.  I'm using the original cd.  Something is definitely wrong.  Probably because I'm running a polish patch i bet. There is no American patch version though.  Why does 1.91 do this?<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe this is a dumb question but, you are using the original Reistance-cd right? (not CWC)

In 1.91b (at least), AI helos are having difficulties with hovering in place over Ammo/Fuel/Repair trucks

for rearming/refuelling/repairing.

At least for rearming, the helos now slowly drifts towards and then away from the "ideal" position, then

turn back again and does the same again. This means that it takes a very long time to rearm fully.

I have seen this with a AH-1 and the OH-58 from the game and the OH-6A from the SEB Nam Pack 2.

Rearming the machine guns is especially time consuming.

East ambulance bmp ignores support requests, when you call them they instantly gives back your coordinates and jumps out of their vehicle and doesn´t move anywhere.

I am having sound problems as well....Somwhere along the last three patches the Machine Guns fired by AI players quit sounding like machine guns and began sounding like rifles being fired in semi-auto only at a faster rate. When a human player fires them they are fine but the Ai seems to have forgot how to be machine gunners....I miss the constant full auto sound in a full pitched battle. I might add that this is not due to addon conflicts as I have reinstalled and removed all addons to test this....it is due to the patch 1.85 and beyond. Please fix this BIS as the sound of a machine gunner opening up on a group is a key aspect of an infantry simulation.

DL

Quick question. If I install 1.91 will I still be able to play on servers with a lesser patch installed? Thanks.

Also, where are servers where this can be beta tested?

Is there some type of FAQ i can find so I dont have to bug you guys? tounge.gif

Small but annoying bug, don't know that it's new to 1.91 ... when using the skiptime command to make night become day, the AI troopers do not remove their NVGs during daylight. Can't say if it affects their performance, but it looks bad.

Regards, jl

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Jan. 23 2003,21:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If I make a map in 1.91, will 1.91 be recquired to play it?<span id='postcolor'>

yes, if you use the command "typeof"

And where do I put that command? Sorry I'm new to map making.

If you use the command "typeof" (which is new in v1.91) then v1.91 wil be required.

If not , then 1.90 or 1.85 will be required depending if you use ane new features (the newest units/vehicles) came in 1.85 :

bike ...erm I know there was another vehicle aswell..... hmmmmm confused.gif

-Soldiers without rifles should be able to run faster (same for handguns). I know this needs new animations but I think it is worth it.

-The AI fires the AA-rockets at ground vehicles (just a waist of ammo).

-Mines and stachel charges can not be loaded to vehicles ingame.

- You should be able to fire pistol from hip while moving forward normally, like rifle, with great inaccuracy of course. Now when you move forward normally pistol is always held with two hands - this should only happen if you have walk or sights on. Using pistols is pretty clumsy at the moment compared to rifles.