Sign in to follow this  
shadow

Patch 1.91 beta/final feedback

Sorry guys I didn’t realize the question was related to linux, "Disregard my post above"

benu: Thanks man! It be nice to get some verification on this. Let me know how it goes.

Just tried to install the 1.91 final patch and says that MP pbo files are missing...all works with the 1.90 patch and also says that some MP files are corrupt...anyone else have this problem...the patch will not load in at all crazy.gif

I'm sure this has been brought up elsewhere, but I don't really know what to search with. I'm wondering if BIS plans on doing anything about the AI's inability to handle recoil on automatic weapons? They constantly shoot way over their targets. It's like they line their sights up on the target and then just hold down the trigger, causing all but the first bullet to fly over the target. I would expect recoil to cause a dispersion around the target, not a tight grouping 6 feet over the target. Just set up an ambush mission with a machinegunner and a bunch of enemy trucks and watch him not take out a single one.

Note: the solution to this is NOT to reduce the recoil, it is to model recoil more realistically.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Pennywise @ 15 April 2003,05:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The script command that seems to cause this rather nasty core dump is "_scud1 action ["SCUD Launch"]".<span id='postcolor'>

I haven't tested this script, but I've noticed in linux dedicated server 1.85, 1.90 and 1.91 that launching a SCUD in one of the missions of the server, crashed it every time  confused.gif

Yea, its definitely there. I hope that BIS will take a look at it and fix it along with the 'requiredversion' issue (if suma finds it to be one). I have alot of missions that dont work well on the linux server and I would really like to see them run well. I have also noticed that grouping and joining units behaves differently on the linux server and sometimes doesnt work at all.

It seems as the Linux server (version 1.91c) has a minor bug .. here is the problem description:

I installed an addon that requires version 1.91 (CfgPatches::requiredversion=1.91), which the Linux server didn't accept. When I modified the AddOn to only require 1.90 the server accepted the addon.

From this it seems as you have forgotten to change some version constant in 1.91c. Btw, the unmodified addon works fine on a Windows 1.91 server.

We really need another patch that solves certain mulitplayer bugs, like when your whole partition gets erased, or the timeout-bug, which seems to be related to the crashes to the desktop.

I know this is pretty late in the game, with the new patch already announced and what not, but I've recently encounter a new bug to v1.91... In MP when a client computer uses the deletevehicle command on a non-local object, it causes the server to CTD. Oddly, it also occurs when the server issues a deletevehicle command to an object that is local to the server as well (if a player is was recently assigned to the vehicle but had been unassigned)... This is something new to v1.91, I know because it occurs in the same Evac Chopper script that I've had in use in my mission since v1.75... I used to be able to deletevehicle while the chopper was still flying in to land and only suffer death by falling, now if I don't give the game 30 sec. or so to realize that the object is local to the server only it immediately causes CTD. It's a shame that I can't run a "remove dead bodies" script for fear of the CTD disease, but I should have found this a LONG time ago. I only hope this has been addressed in the new patch..

-Cos.