Sign in to follow this  
shadow

Patch 1.91 beta/final feedback

Please post all problems/bugs found in this patch, here and only here, please.

The readme for patch 1.91b:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BUG FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS IN 1.91

==================================

1.91 - Fixed: When MP mission was played after resistance campaign, weapon pool was available in MP.

1.91 - New: New scripting function typeOf <object>.

1.91 - Fixed: Vehicle movements were too slow downhill on some roads.

Disclaimer: This patch is in BETA form and may contain bugs and errors not mentioned in the Readme file. A final version of this patch will become available in the future. Codemasters accept no responsibility for problems caused by downloading or installing this patch. <span id='postcolor'>

Hi All,

I just played a few Missions online and Desync seemed very high,for all players in the game,about 6 total players,Before Patch 1.91 desync was not always a problem but now it's terrible...at least thats my own experience with testing the new beta..hopefully they will have it fixed when the final patch is released...now i am not saying the beta is bad it is just one area of the patch where i found the problem,the rest seemed an improvment...also i wonder if BIS could include a Fix for the old Glass Bug,Where you could not see trees/People through it...It's been there since v1.20

anyway thanks again for a great game thats getting better everyday biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif also any chance of including another piece of farm equipment in the patch suma? xmas.gif

like instead of just a tractor, maybe add a riding lawnmower! and you could run guys over!!!!

Hi Again,

I found that the Ammo Spills out of the Ammo Crates Whenever i switch guns and ammo sad.gif

Oh and by the way i was not joking about the farm equipment it makes for great Atmosphere {might be the right spelling}

by the way thanks for the footprints BIS!!! xmas.gifxmas.gif

Yes, I have also noticed the ammo spilling all over the place it´s awful!

I was in an MP game, and me and my party went to change the equipment and after every change of equipment there were lots of ammo boxes all around the truck......pretty akward and laggy...hope they fix this bug.

Again with this patch, you cannot remove any addons. Or you can but when you try to start game, executing fails and error message "Cannot open file 'addons\'addon_name'" shows up. This bug was introduced in 1.85 but corrected in 1.90 and shows up again...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LT.Schaffer @ Dec. 13 2002,03:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi Again,

I found that the Ammo Spills out of the Ammo Crates Whenever i switch guns and ammo sad.gif

Oh and by the way i was not joking about the farm equipment it makes for great Atmosphere {might be the right spelling}

by the way thanks for the footprints BIS!!! xmas.gif  xmas.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hi Once Again,

i also noticed they have not yet fixed the sound bug in MP,

where i use a horn on a Vehical it is not heard over the LAN&Internet so it would be nice to have that also fixed Suma xmas.gif also do you think you could make the Destroyable lights on all the islands not just nogova?

Anyway Thanks again for all the improments so far and if these things get fixed then it will be even better xmas.gif  xmas.gif

Ill post my bug here also.

PV3S refuel truck - doesnt work. no option to refuel when next to it.

Brief testing also suggests that the PV3S repair truck is the same.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Deady @ Dec. 15 2002,19:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ill post my bug here also.

PV3S refuel truck - doesnt work. no option to refuel when next to it.

Brief testing also suggests that the PV3S repair truck is the same.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, just tested it with a quick editor mission. But the bug seems to be already in 1.90!

I am in a FIA T55 with half ammo, half fuel and half health.

It's not possible to get ammo, fuel or repair from resistance trucks (PV3S). The menu show no entry if I am close to a truck.

If I place an empty US supply truck I can resupply without any problems! confused.gif

Will not run with DirectX 9.0 beta or DirectX 8.1, says DirectX 8.0 is required!mad.gif

This is a major problem!!!!! mad.gif

This has to be fixed.

DragoFire

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DragoFire @ Dec. 17 2002,21:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Will not run with DirectX 9.0 beta or DirectX 8.1, says DirectX 8.0 is required!<span id='postcolor'>

DX8.1 works fine with OFP.

Remember that if you upgrade to 9.x you cannot downgrade to 8.x

hi,

you should fix the force feedback bug, too. /like when you die in a plane, and after respawn you wanna sit into another aircraft you fell the last force from before you die, and it stays in the joy until you die again!/ really nasty bug, if u need to fly with a chopper...

cu.

Will BIS ever add a shadow to the M16 with mortar?. When the mortar is loaded on the M16 there is no Shadow. I´ve tried to do my own mortar rifle and it casts no shadow.

since i installed 1.91 im crashing to desktop a lot in MP games it seems to happen when i use custom sounds (091) i think there is a conflick with audigy sound card sad.gif but not allways when i use sound only 1\4 of the time

I've experienced no problems with DirectX 9 release candidate 0. On Windows XP this is.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Will not run with DirectX 9.0 beta or DirectX 8.1, says DirectX 8.0 is required!

<span id='postcolor'>

yea i have had major crashes with the audigy in 1.90

my SB Live was fine, but now once and a while i'll hear computer frequencie noise, or the computer just crashes and goes in to memory dump mode, when i over clock more it gets worse, (my sys has cl 2.5 mem) OFP crashes with in minutes, does not happen with my LIVE card, I've tried serveral Audigys and same thing. Ive had random crashes to desktop as well

Russin and I have virtually the same system and we both CTD the same instant a few days ago. (he has GF4 I have Radeon tho) I have 1.90 and he has 1.91, something is not right

I found a Bug:

In the Resitance side>>>Men there is an RPG Soldier but instead of saying "RPG Soldier" it says "LAW Soldier"

Also I think that when a soldier with a Handgun is killed it shouldn´t have the handgun still in its hands, the hand gun should be dropped near him like with Rifles.

Is someone form the team reading this ? Can someone confirm this bugs and the ones that I´ve mentioned before or it´s just me?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Deady @ Dec. 15 2002,19:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ill post my bug here also.

PV3S refuel truck - doesnt work.  no option to refuel when next to it.

Brief testing also suggests that the PV3S repair truck is the same.<span id='postcolor'>

This bug (the pv trucks) is as old as the game itself.

BIS never fixed this - they simply (I guess) forgot to add the

"transportFuel" and "transportRepair" in the orig. config back then,

and as I said - it has never been fixed sad.gif

*HINT-HINT* (for any on-coming patches) !!!

About ofp 1.91: well, my sky is all green now, but only in ht&l.

If I switch off hardware T&L the sky is as blue as my **** after a hot nite! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bmot @ Dec. 23 2002,23:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">About ofp 1.91: well, my sky is all green now, but only in ht&l.

If I switch off hardware T&L the sky is as blue as my **** after a hot nite!  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL biggrin.gif

Anyways. I don't have your problem. What kinda graphic card are u using?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ Dec. 23 2002,23:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bmot @ Dec. 23 2002,23:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">About ofp 1.91: well, my sky is all green now, but only in ht&l.

If I switch off hardware T&L the sky is as blue as my **** after a hot nite!  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL biggrin.gif

Anyways. I don't have your problem. What kinda graphic card are u using?<span id='postcolor'>

GeForce-3 64 MB

And I'm running on Direct 8.1 wink.gif

I haven't experienced a bug as annoying as this one since the odd sea columns back in patch 1.40 or alike.

And I've seen threads on other forums w/ this issue (1.90/1.91=green sky).

PS. it ONLY shows in zenit pos (directly above yer head),

like this weird halo of green poison

confused.gif

I´ve been having strange desktop crashes since i installed 1.91 beta. It crashes when i die and the camera zooms into my dead body, just when you were supposed to come seagull.

While i´m at it could you please make east T-55 also, just remove the fia markings and add red star instead, it would be somethin´similar to compete with west M60.

And also consider to make soundcontinuous=0 for mg´s and assign different sound for east and west m2.

And finally merry christmas to everyone xmas.gif

Hi Again,

Well another old bug that needs to be fixed is:sometimes when you are in the passenger side of a vehical and your the client computer,you will see Haystacks that bounce...now this only happens on the client computer,it looks fine on the server Computer.maybe this is due to Desync or something else confused.gifconfused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Goeth[kyllikki] @ Dec. 24 2002,00:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I´ve been having strange desktop crashes since i installed 1.91 beta...<span id='postcolor'>

Me too, but I didn't wanna report it at first; but now after a complete

re-install + checking for latest vid.card drivers, removing the unoff. addons etc. all I can say is:

YES - there MUST be a "crash-bug" somewhere in 1.90 or 1.91

which (in case its from 1.90) hasn't been fixed yet sad.gif

So to put up a list of wants:

1. fix crashes

2. fix the RES support trucks (add transportRepair & transportFuel)

3. fix the odd green halo (if it's really there?)

These are the major problems, I believe xmas.gif

Well, have never had any probs with OFP or Resistance till now. I installed 1.91 patch and can no longer play MP games. SP works fine, but once I hit MP it just locks up pc and I hahve to hard crash it to recover- I uninstalled and reinstalled to 1.85 and no probs- try 1.90 patch and get same thing??? Win XP is OS sad.gif