Sign in to follow this  
Pickles0311

Want to play online for the first time

Hi all, 

So allow me to explain. I only bought ARMA 3 a few months ago at the behest of my girlfriend at the time who is a major gamer and was encouraging me to get into gaming. I like the game and have been only playing through the campaign and making my own battles in the Editor. I have ARMA 3 APEX with all the major DLC. The only mod I have is the ACE 3 mod (which I can use, or not use for the purpose of online play), of which I only am familiar with the map tools and basic medical. I am however decently good at the game. Fighting on veteran mode, and am fast and accurate in my rifle fighting, and have decent speed and dexterity with all most of the fundamental controls (however I have no doubt that more dedicated players with many years of play will absolutely demolish me).

But I am sick of fighting AI bots in the editor (I have stopped playing the campaign due to the fact that for some reason, I am not able to use the ACE 3 modifications in the campaign), and want to try fighting against other humans. I am not looking for serious, well organized matches. Being a student and having other priorities occupying my time, I don't have time for that level of commitment. I just want to go onto a public server, and fight other random people. I am not looking for an in depth system where I have to spend 30 minutes of playing just to purchase a rifle with a decent optic. I am looking for a game where you are adequately equipped from the start of the match, and dying doesn't make you wait 5 minutes to get back into the action, or wait for the next match. I know this sounds very selfish, but I only want to be able to log in and play for 30 minutes or an hour, and then log off and get back to chores and homework. I don't know how to get online, how to find server lists, and how to even decipher what they mean.  If after some time, I learned the ins and outs of online play, maybe then I would be willing to commit my time to a group of people and get into serious organized unit fighting. My (ex) gf and I have since broken up, and gaming simply isn't that high on my priorities any more. I still have the game, and the dedicated gaming laptop, so might as well use it as a way to de-stress from major assignments and research papers. 

Any advice on how to go about getting started on this?

Thanks

Hey, I might be able to help. I understand not wanting to go in KOH or other PvP game types that take a few weeks to get a decent weapon. 

I run with a small group that plays done Co-Op scenarios and also some PvP games that we have created. It might give you an option to try PvP game types. Let me know. We run PvP stuff with no stupid training or tryouts, and certainly no group applications. Just show up and play. 

What you're looking for isn't selfish or impossible btw. It totally reasonable to not want to wait to just jump in. My Steam id is Chop111