diwako

[RELEASE] Ragdolling on player ACE unconsciousness

7 minutes ago, Belbo said:

Colour me impressed.

Since you're here, there is an incompatibility with your ADV_CPR mod. Units will ragdoll after successful CPR or AED application. I went into detail a bit in the SW comments why this is happening. Just wanted to let your know, but honestly dunno how to fix is as it is an ACE medical behavior.

4 minutes ago, diwako said:

Since you're here, there is an incompatibility with your ADV_CPR mod. Units will ragdoll after successful CPR or AED application. I went into detail a bit in the SW comments why this is happening. Just wanted to let your know, but honestly dunno how to fix is as it is an ACE medical behavior.

Uff... That's weird. Only after a successful action or after any action? Could probably have something to do with the animationPatientUnconscious = "AinjPpneMstpSnonWrflDnon_rolltoback"

5 minutes ago, Belbo said:

Uff... That's weird. Only after a successful action or after any action? Could probably have something to do with the animationPatientUnconscious = "AinjPpneMstpSnonWrflDnon_rolltoback"

To copy paste my answer from the SW

Looking at the game loop again, it looks like ACE reapplies the unconscious state “just in case” the unit is not in cardiac arrest and if the heart rate is below 10 (it should not with the mod), blood volume under 20 (can happen if performed CPR and not AED) or the blood pressure being below “30”.
As seen in ACEs fnc_handleUnitVitals.sqf line 132

It is in the handleUnitVitals loop. if the values of those are above the ones I mentioned this would stop, but I actually see it rather on ACEs side to update the check with at least checking if the units is conscious or not. Tho I doubt they will add it just for some third party mod/script.

8 hours ago, diwako said:

It is in the handleUnitVitals loop. if the values of those are above the ones I mentioned this would stop, but I actually see it rather on ACEs side to update the check with at least checking if the units is conscious or not. Tho I doubt they will add it just for some third party mod/script.

They definitely won't. Not with the ace_medical-rewrite in the making. But I guess to circumvent this, I could just set the _bloodPressureH value to at least 30, because other than that all values are set to higher values upon successful CPR or AED. By setting the minimum blood pressure to 40, I can make sure that ([_target] call ace_medical_getBloodPressure) select 1 is at least 30.

#edit:

Let me know if people still complain about this problem.

• Like 2

The update is ready, the reason why I have not pushed it to github or the workshop is I want it to be tested first in a play session. So far I have tested it on my local dedicated server on local and not local units. It works there. This is pretty much a quality control thing on my parts.

Still if someone wants to run a potential buggy version and help me test  this you can write me a PM or reply here. I will then upload the current RC version later today. Other than that, I will probably update during the week end if nothing comes up.

Changes in that RC are then as follows

Server only mode added
8 new animations 11 total used
Evenhandler are added and removed when ragdolling + some EH code optimisation

• Like 1

i'm not quite sure, but i think this doesn't work with the ai on dedicated. i changed the cba settings on our server to work with ai AND player. with players it works, but not with the ai. when they fall to death, they use the ragdoll animation, but when they fall to unconsciousness, it's easy to see, that they fall directly to the ace-unconsciousness-animation.

am i doing something wrong?

just for info, i'm running two cba-settings.sqf. one in your script folder and one in the main missions' folder. i can adjust the settings of your script during mission via addon options, but the problem with the ai still exists.

11 hours ago, madpat3 said:

just for info, i'm running two cba-settings.sqf. one in your script folder and one in the main missions' folder. i can adjust the settings of your script during mission via addon options, but the problem with the ai still exists.

Check the variable "diwako_ragdoll_ragdollRunning" on your dedicated server. See if that is true. This is to check if the init has run on your server. Then check if "diwako_ragdoll_ragdolling" and "diwako_ragdoll_ai" are set to true. Th cba_setting.sqf in my script/mod merely adds the cba settings to the addon options, nothing else, they are also by default the value false.

i think i don't understand.

i checked the checkboxes in tab "server" of the ingame "addon-settings" from cba, to override mission and client. you mean this isn't enough? do i have to set something inside your script to "true" ?

in the RPT-file of the server it says:

23:49:17 Ragdoll - loading of ragdoll source "Soldier" started.
23:49:17 Ragdoll - loading of ragdoll source "Soldier" finished successfully.

24 minutes ago, madpat3 said:

i think i don't understand.

i checked the checkboxes in tab "server" of the ingame "addon-settings" from cba, to override mission and client. you mean this isn't enough? do i have to set something inside your script to "true" ?

That should be enough to do, however if you are editing a mission, those settings need to be done while editing the mission and then it is only possible to set them in mission tab.

What i meant with my last message, it is to see if the script initialized on the server, as it sounds like it has not been initialized on the server.

1st so the setting has to be set, while i create the mission and save it. then upload it.

2nd how do i check, if the script is initialized?

11 minutes ago, madpat3 said:

1st so the setting has to be set, while i create the mission and save it. then upload it.

2nd how do i check, if the script is initialized?

If the settings have been set int the addon options in the mission tab, the server and players will have the same value in the variables.

So these 3 variables should be set to true, if you want everyone to ragdoll.

• diwako_ragdoll_ragdollRunning
  • diwako_ragdoll_ragdolling
  • diwako_ragdoll_ai

Then check if the first of the 3 variables is set to true on the server. To do this, you can either use CBAs inspect watchers or just globally execute this in your debug console while being on the server.

if(!isServer) exitWith {};
[[West,"HQ"],format["diwako_ragdoll_ragdollRunning is set to %1",diwako_ragdoll_ragdollRunning]] remoteExec ["sideChat"];

it says: "diwako_ragdoll_ragdollRunning is set to any"

but i checked out the server and mission tab and the checkboxes are turned on, in server tab only. though i turned on the checkboxes to override mission.

5 minutes ago, madpat3 said:

it says: "diwako_ragdoll_ragdollRunning is set to any"

but i checked out the server and mission tab and the checkboxes are turned on, in server tab only. though i turned on the checkboxes to override mission.

If it returns "any" then it means it is not set and the script did not initialize. It is also weird that in both tabs the the checkboxes are active. What version are you using, script or mod and when did you download it? There was one version of it which had no dedicated server support, but that has been fixed.

i'm using script. but it is not active in both tabs. only in server tab they are aktive along with the checkboxes to override mission and client. the checkboxes in the mission tab are not active.

7 minutes ago, madpat3 said:

version 101

Okay, that explains it. I never really put version numbers on my stuff. This means that you got it from Armaholic. It is not not updated, hence why I only list my Github and steam workshop. It is best to just download the whole master branch o the Github repo as zip.

https://github.com/diwako/a3AceRagdoll/releases/tag/v1.0.1

Or just edit the file "fn_initRagdoll.sqf" and remove line 19 which reads as

if(!hasInterface) exitWith {};

Mod and script version just updated to version  1.1!

48B225A9DED7C0533FE6F8383D11396A35247683

Changes:

Server only mode
Sync updated
More animations
Custom animations for mod version made by @KokaKolaA3

Server only mode
Sync updated
More animations
Custom animations for mod version

As usual the downloads can be found at the Github page or steam workshop!

https://github.com/diwako/a3AceRagdoll/releases/tag/v1.1

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1435263885

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

so it's basicly new animations, when putting the enemy to "sleep" ?!

the server only mode is what i don't need for the script version ?!

but what about the "Sync updated" thing ?! what does it mean?

2 minutes ago, madpat3 said:

so it's basicly new animations, when putting the enemy to "sleep" ?!

the server only mode is what i don't need for the script version ?!

but what about the "Sync updated" thing ?! what does it mean?

The synchronization of applying animations after ragdolling has been updated so there are less issues with players being invisible for others, which was rare to begin with but still an issue in my books. Server only mode is what it says, server only implementation. It is only useful if you have the mod mounted to the server, if you put the script into the mission then all players already ave it and there is no need for the server only mode. The server only mode means none of the new custom animations will be able to be used. 

The new animations are what it says they are. These are animations of people being unconscious, nothing more or less.

ok, but are the new animations all custom ones, or have you also implemented new vanilla ones (don't know if that even exists) (for the script version)?

1 minute ago, madpat3 said:

ok, but are the new animations all custom ones, or have you also implemented new vanilla ones (don't know if that even exists) (for the script version)?

8 Custom animations added, in total of 11 animations used. So the script version has 3 animations.

• Like 2