diwako

[RELEASE] Ragdolling on player ACE unconsciousness

Been playing with a group for a longer time now and noticed that people immediately know if players are dead or not just according to the way they go down when shot. I kind of wanted to add some uncertainty back to the gameplay when using ace medical.

With this script players will not go into the ace death animation immediately when losing consciousness. Just like they are dying they ragdoll, but will snap to the ace death animation once the ragdolling is done, which pretty much means other players need to check the body to confirm death.

This script only works for players, it can be expanded for AI as well if people want that.

It works in SP and MP.

Requirements:

• CBA
  • ACE

Known bugs:

None right now, you tell me I guess.

Media:

1FF6A57DBC6A1DACEBE85E6EE0DB684BA73B6E1A

Download:

GitHub (Script version)

Steam Workshop (Mod version)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

For SP players, I would like to see this expanded to AI, especially the player's AI squad.

6 minutes ago, Valken said:

For SP players, I would like to see this expanded to AI, especially the player's AI squad.

Certainly possible. All it needs it to add a CBA Class Eventhandler for class "CAManBase" instead of the player.

Actually I added that to the file "initPlayerLocal-EnableForEveryThing.sqf" now. So people can interchange them if they want to.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, O.Languedoc said:

interesting. good job. Wonder what it will do on dedicated servers

The group I play with only plays on their dedicated server, the bugs that I've posted in the OP are from the play sessions there. I already did several test sessions and applied some fixes before posting it here, so the third listed bug did not occur at all any more, but I will still leave listed as bug as you never know.

I think if you get somehow rid of the second bug I'll definitely give this mod a try with my Unit. 

We always hated it that we could easily see if someone is just down or dead. So I'm looking forward to the future of this mod!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Moon_chilD said:

I think if you get somehow rid of the second bug I'll definitely give this mod a try with my Unit. 

We always hated it that we could easily see if someone is just down or dead. So I'm looking forward to the future of this mod!

Second bug is addressed in reapplying the ace animation after 5 seconds. I left that note in as I could not test with my group so far. It only seems to happen only sometimes as well, so it is really hard to track down. So far that happened only once every mission we played with the script, but it was always in different situations. And that is with 25 to 40 players.

I personally cannot recreate it at all, neither on a local dedicated server or in SP, it just tells me it is a sync/locality issue.

Well, that sounds very promising. I guess I'll put it in our repo then. If everything works out I can give you a little feedback in a week. (We are a small unit of about 10-20 player but its something)..... of course only if I don't forget it xDD

I just edited the OP as the group I am in was running this script now for 3 weeks without problems at 40+ players. So I removed the known bugs as these seems to be resolved. I also added a license for the script, pretty sure who ever runs ace on their server has no problem with it as well. The script had no update so far, so no need to update the script on your end.

Great work! 

I want to ask questions

Is there any way to keep the doll in a coma? Until the player wakes up
Because it will return to the ace coma
Sorry for bad English

9 hours ago, TWRoach said:

Great work! 

I want to ask questions

Is there any way to keep the doll in a coma? Until the player wakes up
Because it will return to the ace coma
Sorry for bad English

Sadly no. I am using the BI command "setunconcious" to ragdoll units. That command will automatically put the unit into a revive animation after ragdolling. I am just overwriting the animation so it uses the ace one. As of now there is no reliable command or workaround to activate and deactivate ragdolling on units for any amount of time.

• Like 1

Have been running this mod on our server since release of the script and I can report that we have never run into any bugs with this script. Great stuff!

• Like 1

Is it possible to make that players will stay in the ragdoll animation?
Cause if you roll on your back just after 4 seconds that ruins the whole idea of this script imo.

7 minutes ago, Zbysiekk said:

Is it possible to make that players will stay in the ragdoll animation?
Cause if you roll on your back just after 4 seconds that ruins the whole idea of this script imo.

The answer is just two posts above yours! 

1 hour ago, Moon_chilD said:

The answer is just two posts above yours! 

Oh, so that's what that guy said.

I'm not native english either so i didn't understand him at all :p

6 hours ago, Zbysiekk said:

Oh, so that's what that guy said.

I'm not native english either so i didn't understand him at all :p

Hehe, basically: Its the engine that kinda restricts it!

Some larger update just happened!

Mod version now available on steam workshop!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?edit=true&id=1435263885

Script version is now also brought up to date and CBA settings have been added!

1FF6A57DBC6A1DACEBE85E6EE0DB684BA73B6E1A

License has changed form MIT to APL-SA due to bein easier to handle than MIT.

• Like 4

Just pushed a small update to both mod and script version.

Allow to run on dedicated server and hc

• Like 1

Hey I am looking for people who can do animations for arma. I really want to add more unconscious animations to the mod which the unit will use after ragdolling. If anyone has some interest in helping out, PM me over this forum or over the A3 discord.

Here is a list of standard animations that you can use for unconscions:

UnconsciousReviveArms_A

UnconsciousReviveArms_B

UnconsciousReviveArms_C

UnconsciousReviveBody_A
UnconsciousReviveBody_B

UnconsciousReviveDefault_A

UnconsciousReviveDefault_B

UnconsciousReviveHead_A
UnconsciousReviveHead_B

UnconsciousReviveHead_C

UnconsciousReviveLegs_A

UnconsciousReviveLegs_B

• Like 1

Over the last week I got quite a lot feedback and suggestions. That is really appreciated and I am really thankful for this!

So here I am going to post some update what is in the works right now.

• I am planning on making the script/mod work in server only mode, so only the server has to run it and it will send the clients the code and make them execute it.
  • I am currently thinking about changing up how to detect the animation state after ragdolling or rather make it smarter. Got some really good feedback and discussion about it.
  • The mod version will get some new unconscious animations made by KokaKolaA3, 8 custom animations, 11 in total used. Here some video of how it currently looks like https://streamable.com/0xc5m
Again, thanks for all the feedback, I really do appreciate that!
  • Like 2