Hi,

Ive been playing arma for a while and i recently got a new pc its got a stock Ryzen 5 1500x and a MSI GTX 1060 6gb.

Now i thought i would be able to run this game pretty well but it seems not. Please help!

Thanks, Noah 

You need to optimize your settings. 

Follow this guide including and the link in the description to get the most out of your PC.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm told if I'd you walk for months to the oldest part of our world, you will find a temple that looks like it was built before time.

If you walk through its halls, past overgrown local vegetation from the lapse of centuries past you will find a crudely carved plaque. 

After blowing away away the dust and brushing off the grime, the plaque reads;

"If you try to run Arma totally maxed, you're screwed"

i have a 8700k and 1080TI along with SSDs and live at 60 FPS . Not sure about other hardware configurations.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, swtx said:

You need to optimize your settings. 

Follow this guide including and the link in the description to get the most out of your PC.

I already tried this earlier today it gave me like an extra 10frames but still I got under 60 fps 

I did a test and with a i7-4970, 2400 DDR3 RAM and 1060 GTX 3GB on 1080p, I lowered the view and draw distance to 1000, and set shadows to 100 at HIGH because the game looks weird without any shadows. 

I did the 3 settings in ARMA.CFG as the above video:

refresh=120;

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;
GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

My FPS doubled!  I went from 25-30 FPS to 45-70+ FPS!

All other settings at Ultra including 8xAA with CMAA! I did turn off BLUR because I hate it.

It was mainly the vast AMOUNT of objects over 1000 drawn distance that killed my FPS.

Setting shadows over a huge draw distance also killed my FPS so I only up that for Screenshots.

Just passing my tips along.

I don't have GEFORCE experience installed! I only install the barebones driver and tweak each game manually. Try to disable gefore experience, reboot and then test ARMA again.

On 3/29/2018 at 8:59 PM, playgroundpredator said:

Hi,

Ive been playing arma for a while and i recently got a new pc its got a stock Ryzen 5 1500x and a MSI GTX 1060 6gb.

Now i thought i would be able to run this game pretty well but it seems not. Please help!

Thanks, Noah 

You don't even really have to change your viewing distance... I said this in another post about this problem so i'll share... Turn off shadowing... All it does is removes shadows (which you don't really need)... It improves your FPS by a good 20-30 if you're running in the teens...