Sign in to follow this  
USMC Sniper

The army-for-ofp-proposal thread

Basically this thread is about which army to make for OFP...there are a few rules:

Provide pictures and photos and videos if possible for reference

Provide a description of equipment

Provide a list of vehicles, planes, ships and helo's the army uses

That's it, this is so addonmakers who want to make some kind of new army for OFP won't have to look for reference material.

smile.gif

This is too ontopic for offtopic.

Moving to Addons & Mods: Work in Progress smile.gif

A proper UN army would be nice, although the nations included would depend on the mission it would be used in.

Alternatively, what about the European Rapid Reaction force biggrin.gif

How about the UK? It's pointless modelling any other Eastern Block country cause all their stuff is the same, but a UK force uses different stuff. Here's some pics for you:

jernas3s.jpg

JERNAS / RAPIER SAM

chal7s.jpg

Challenger II MBT

warrior1s.jpg

Warrior IFV

stormer30_3s.jpg

Stormer Recon Vehicle

Not to mention the SA-80 (sorry, no pics), the Lynx helo and the Westland version of the Apache.

Cheers xmas.gif

Mr B

I agree with the creation of a proper and modernized Russian side. Especailly the soldier models...there is a serious lack of quality 'new models' for the infantry.

I think that the crew members for the russian vehicles should carry p-90's. On the other hand someone could make the french army. They're crew members could carry P-90's and their regular army all carries the FAMAS assault rifle. The FAMAS has been around since the seventies.

well i've been in the french army from 1992 to 1995

in the airborne cavalry 1st regiment of hussard paratroopers

and tank crews used the famas the officers and ncos had the

pa as handguns but also had the famas as main assault rifle

also the famas first saw action against jack mescrine well known criminal the gun was fired by the gign(gendarmerie nationale special unit) they said that the gun was so powerfull that some bullets went through the engine  block before hitting the target pretty amazing huh wink.gif

wow.gif0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (frk19732001 @ Dec. 12 2002,19wow.gif0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well i've been in the french army from 1992 to 1995

in the airborne cavalry 1st regiment of hussard paratroopers

and tank crews used the famas the officers and ncos had the

pa as handguns but also had the famas as main assault rifle

also the famas first saw action against jack mescrine well known criminal the gun was fired by the gign(gendarmerie nationale special unit) they said that the gun was so powerfull that some bullets went through the engine  block before hitting the target pretty amazing huh wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

you sure it was first used against Mesrine ? i thought the GIGN shooters used FR-F1 and other "oldies" such as the Mat49

-edit- i'm glad to see another frog in those forums smile.gif

I think that the best option are really the UN army because of it´s Worldwide components and field of action.

But if you want a less Institutional army I think we could do the French Foreign Legion. It´s a worldwide but french composed army...This could be a good idea for a Flashpoint Clan aswell....

Where do I sign?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ Dec. 12 2002,18:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think that the crew members for the russian vehicles should carry p-90's.<span id='postcolor'>

Uh. You mean the FN P90?

p90.jpg

Last I checked the Russians used AKS-74(U) for their tank crews.

I think UN would be kinda boring. They don't really do much fighting, they usually just do police type stuff.

I believe that the russian army should be modernized in OFP as Spez naz is a general term relating to all spec ops groups like Alpha (A) and differen OMON groups, there is also Berkut, VDV and many other groups that could be inserted into the game xmas.gif , I think that a modernised version should be used as well.

Here are some vehicles that could be used:

BMD -3

bmd3-1s.jpg

BRM

brm1k-1s.jpg

BRM -3

brm3-1s.jpg

BTR -3U "Guardian"

btr3u-1s.jpg

BTR -152

btr152-1s.jpg

ill be posting some more pics later

Would be kinda hard to make a UN army, since its gear change depending on which country the UN forces are from.

My personal preference would be the UK. or perhaps Germany. The UK simply because its seen enough action, and it would be nice not to have a totally modern army, but one that fits into the coldwar crisis period. SLR's anyone? biggrin.gif

I'd vote for a Chinese army. I am quite curious to see how an abrams could manage against a type 90 mbt. In fact I'm quite curious to see how the chinese would manage against the u.s.

Type 90 mbt

t-90ii-1-s.jpg

Type 90 APC

t-90apc-1-s.jpg

No rifles here, I didn't know where to find em. And the wheeled vehicles too. I'll post them when I'll find them... xmas.gif

Someone's already made a Chinese Army addon, I think it was someone by the name of "Samren", but thats just from the top of my head. A chinese army would be good for those fictional Chinese antogonist wars, like in many war books.

I would want a new Russian army, with 3 different versions for the normal Army soldiers:

Everyday woodland camo

Winter Camo

Parade dress

go to http://www.sovietarmy.com for a lot of info on uniforms. I'm tired of crappy winter camo USSR troops wearing steel helmets in a snowy area. They would realistically wear ushankas during this time. Also, it would be great to see a soldier with a pilotka as well, maybe for a "fresh out of the barracks version". wink.gif

What about a Greek and Turkish army smile.gif

Story could be something like, I dunno, alternative universe where the Imia incident of the early 90's developed into a full-blown war.

There are tons of islands in the Aegean Sea, and both Turkey and Greece have a very interesting army, comprising US, Soviet, English and French equipment. Can you imagine Leo 2's and BMP's fighting alongside against M1's and Fuchs IFV's xmas.gif

I think a chinese MOD would be WONDERFULL so i have done some research and here is what i have found about some of there weaponry, if some1 decides to start a chineese MOD pls contact me id be glad to contribute my skillz.

Small Arms

Chinese T74

Chinese Type 95

Chinese Type 87 Sniper

Chinese T75 Pistol

Anti-Tank

Chinsese PF89 Launcher

Chinese HJ-8 Launcher

I have loads more research and pictures so if you have some talent and resources and wanna make a MOD, contact me, im making another post of the vehicles i have.

Kevin

Ground Transport

CM26 APC

Type 85 Ambulance/APC

M998 HMMV

M151 Jeep

2 1/2 Ton Truck

I have Lots Lots Lots Lots Lots More, Some1 needs to make a chineese MOD the right way, take the OPNS example and release good addons at a consistent pace....id love to help out wink.gif

Will be posting more later may start a whole new thread just about a new chineese MOD.

Thanks

Kevin

Easy to be a critical smartass...but i dont see you with any ideas? Just gon say screw that with no ideas? If so your screw this must be a sign of your intelligence...or should i say lack there of.

Kevin

Nice to see so many requests, confused.gif but frankly, photos exist by the sackful. If you really want a modmaker to take a serious look at doing something, he will need PLAN DRAWINGS, which I spend a hell of a lot of time searching high and low for.

This doesn't mean I would immediately take up any project, if you posted one here, but if you really want a particular vehicle, why don't you give the modders some practical help, rather than posting very colourful but in the main almost useless photos?  

Actually, posting plan images here may be a good idea; maybe someone will take the project up...