This mod is coming along great!

• Thanks 1

Individual charge detonation through the GUI is in and working, with a couple of cosmetic issues concerning the GUI to iron out. After that I've got a list of about half a dozen things to fix/reimplement before i put out the new version. 

edit: work tomorrow, so progress will probably slow down until next weekend. 

Edited by beno_83au
  • Like 2

Got through a few things over the weekend while narrowly avoiding coming here to ask for help, and discovered a problem or two too add to the list. Unfortunately, reality required tending to so I didn't get through as much as I'd hoped. However, here's a bit of a progress video anyway, showing how the dialog works:

Dialog Progress (1:06):

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone. I know there's been a few people keen to see this work out the way we all want it to, so sorry to you for being quiet on this for a while. I ran into a problem that showed up during MP testing that I couldn't for the life of me figure out. After trying for too long I moved onto some other things (making a campaign, a few other simpler scripts, played a heap of R6: Siege).

Now though, and after much f**king around on endless quests to get to the bottom of this, I've found that trying to breach doors within roughly the first 30 seconds of mission time can fail, especially in a hosted server (SP works fine). I've been through my work but found nothing that I've done that's causing this. So I don't know if it's something I've missed or how I'm handling things in the scripts, or if it's just something game-side that's the cause. However, beyond that initial ~30 seconds everything has been working as intended. So I'm hoping to get a fully functioning, MP compatible version of this out shortly.

Fingers crossed. :sad_o:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, beno_83au said:

Hello everyone. I know there's been a few people keen to see this work out the way we all want it to, so sorry to you for being quiet on this for a while. I ran into a problem that showed up during MP testing that I couldn't for the life of me figure out. After trying for too long I moved onto some other things (making a campaign, a few other simpler scripts, played a heap of R6: Siege).

Now though, and after much f**king around on endless quests to get to the bottom of this, I've found that trying to breach doors within roughly the first 30 seconds of mission time can fail, especially in a hosted server (SP works fine). I've been through my work but found nothing that I've done that's causing this. So I don't know if it's something I've missed or how I'm handling things in the scripts, or if it's just something game-side that's the cause. However, beyond that initial ~30 seconds everything has been working as intended. So I'm hoping to get a fully functioning, MP compatible version of this out shortly.

Fingers crossed. :sad_o:

I'm following from the beginning, waiting for the finalization. Thank you for the time and effort devoted to this work.

• Like 1

Coop Demo Mission (2:07):

Aside from some minor bugs (Using HitPart On Land_CarService_F Problem) it looks as though this is FINALLY ready. Many of the niggly little issues have been sorted out without anything big popping up to ruin my day/s. Just need to fix one or two things on a TvT demo mission (tomorrow morning) and it'll be ready to go.

• Thanks 3

Updated.

v2.1:

Added - GUI for user handling of setting and detonating breaching charges.
Added - Doors will now lock when a charge is placed on them.

Changed - AddAction commands changed and/or removed in favour of GUI.
Changed - Detonating all breaching charges now handled in their own door/wall lists (i.e. all door charges & all wall charges, instead of all charges).
Changed - Multiple charges on the same wall/door will now detonate simultaneously when one of them is detonated.
Changed - Action menu command colour.
Changed - Damage from breaching charge explosion is now handled differently. No damage should be taken regardless of armour equipped or distance to the explosion (please let me know if this IS NOT the case).
Changed - The breaching player, plus any players in the breacher's group, now only need to be 2m away from the charge to avoid being knocked down.
Changed - Breaching charges set too far away from a door will still detonate when the nearest door to them is breached (be warned!).

Fixed - Rubble will be less likely to spawn above ground on slopped terrain (please let me know if this IS NOT the case, and if you can, exactly where it occurred so I can tighten up the maths).
Fixed - Damage blocking handling now works properly in MP.

OP has been changed slightly to reflect some new features/known bugs and the like. Videos have also been updated. New demo missions have been posted and support vanilla, RHS and CUP.

Please, any suggestions, adjustments or problems let me know. I've been testing this a lot, but I'm only one person (with a few helpers). It'd be nice to have some outside input :rthumb:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

@beno_83au

Been using your script  in quite a few of my mission but just tried it and it is not working. I am not sure if the lastest update from BIS broke something or not. I am getting this error with the v2.1

Resource MIL_ExplosiveBreaching_Dialog not found

I tried to roll back to 2.0 and it does not seem to load. I also tried one of the demo mission from the v2.0 and nothing works with the breaching 

Great script btw. The group I play with loves it.

You missed some steps. Did you #include the dialog in description.ext file?

@HazJ

I may have missed something, but I was following the readme in v2.1

///////
//Explosive Breaching
//By: Millenwise (beno_83au)
///////
//Use and abuse as required. Please just give credit to those deserving.
///////
//Credit also to zorilya, who's code for aligning a bomb against a Explosive was offered up for use (in one of his replies in this video):
//https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2kxwrcmB3g&t=3s
///////

MIL_ExplosiveBreaching is a set of scripts that allows designated players to breach urban walls, fences and building doors using vanilla Explosive Charges.

Features:

- Easy-to-use GUI system for managing breaching charges.
- Uses explosive charges as breaching charges.
- Optional Red/Green indicator on each charge to indicate a player's safe distance from a charge.
- Specific players can be used as designated breachers.
- All players (including non-breachers) can see effects/features of the system.
- Disorientating effects for anyone, human or AI, caught by the explosive breach.
- Single/Multiple charges can be used together.

***Mission makers***
- Two variables to check if a unit's lifeState == "INCAPACITATED" have been added to account for conflicts with other lifeState checks that may be in use on other scripts.
    - e.g. Running custom revive scripts when lifeState == "INCAPACITATED".
    - In this case, it would be wrong to run the custom revive if a player was a bit too close to the breaching charge and got knocked out.
- When being affected by breaching, a unit's lifeState will return "INCAPACITATED" for a few seconds.
- This system makes use of publicVariables to return if a unit has been scripted into being unconscious.
- The variables are:
    - MIL_ExplosiveBreaching_Stunned_Player & MIL_ExplosiveBreaching_Stunned_AI.
    - Each variable is a 4 index array:
        - _array select 0/1/2/3 will return number of unconscious units for BLUFOR/OPFOR/INDI/CIV
Example:
- If a BluFor player stands too close to a door on breaching, and there's 2 AI OpFor on the other side and close enough to get knocked down the returns would be:
    - MIL_ExplosiveBreaching_Stunned_Player - [1,0,0,0];
    - MIL_ExplosiveBreaching_Stunned_AI ----- [0,2,0,0];
- This might take some tweaking, but suits my purpose for what this breaching function was originally being made for, and so that's where it stands for now unless someone needs it changed/improved.

To use:    

- Copy the folder MIL_ExplosiveBreaching to your mission folder.
    - Anyone assigned as a breacher will require Explosive Charges ("DemoCharge_Remote_Mag") to breach.

- For MP use:
        - In your initServer.sqf add:
            nul = [_indicator] execVM "MIL_ExplosiveBreaching\initialiseServer.sqf";

- In your initPlayerLocal.sqf add:
            nul = [] execVM "MIL_ExplosiveBreaching\initialiseClient.sqf";

- _indicator - boolean (optional - default: true)
                     - true - a safe distance indicator will spawn with the charge
                     - false - no safe distance indicator will spawn

- For SP use:
        - In your init.sqf add:
            nul = [_indicator] execVM "MIL_ExplosiveBreaching\initialiseServer.sqf";

- initialiseClient.sqf is used to designate who can breach, so use a true/false gate to set specific breachers. Example:
        //This will set any group leaders as breachers
        if (player == (leader (group player))) then {
        };

//This will set player4/8/12 as breachers
        _allBreachers = ["player4","player8","player12"];
        if !(_allBreachers find (str player)) then {
        };

I can blame the rum being consumed but I didn't see any thing about description.ext

@nomadd Uhhhhhhhhh I guess I went and left that out. I'll fix it up.

• Haha 1

// Try adding the following to your description.ext file:
#include "MIL_ExplosiveBreaching\dialog\defines.hpp"
#include "MIL_ExplosiveBreaching\dialog\dialog.hpp"

• Thanks 1

@nomadd What @HazJ posted should get you going. If not, let me know again please.

• Like 1

This is an amazing script that is adding the final touches to a MilitaryRP server we look to open in the near future but I seem to be running into a problem, while this is being run on a multiplayer server, if I die, I no longer have the MLS Breaching Action available to me? Please help!!

3 hours ago, Jannings said:

while this is being run on a multiplayer server, if I die

Most likely it's because you haven't added it to onPlayerRespawn.sqf 

Thank you, putting it in playerrespawn solved the issue, although when i made the initServer.sqf for your script it broke another script i was using inside my init.sqf, is it possible you could help solve this?

Possibly, what's gone wrong with your init.sqf?

just my script that i was executing from it no longer works, it was a vehicle repair script that i called using [] execVM "zlt_fieldrepair.sqf"; no longer gives the addaction displayed to allow vehicle repair, only started when i created initServer

48 minutes ago, Jannings said:

Creating an initServer.sqf wouldn't itself stop anything from working, and i doubt there'd be any conflict between MIL_ExplosiveBreaching and zlt_fieldrepair as I'm pretty careful to prefix everything that could cause a conflict (don't prove me wrong 😬). So there'd have to be something else at play here. BUT, to be on the safe side you can always remove the initServer.sqf and see what happens with the field repair script. If it still doesn't work, then that's a good indicator that your problem lies with the field repair or how you're trying to use.

So I was able to try this out, removing the initServer and OnPlayerRespawn allow the Field repair to work and stops the breaching from working as it should. What would be the next step here? I am very new to scripting in the arma area

@JanningsPost your init.sqf, initServer.sqf and onPlayerRespawn.sqf here, just use the spoiler and code tags for each to keep it tidy.